1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Boston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 29, 2022.

?

2022 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Celtics

Poll closed Jun 4, 2022.
  1. Warriors in 4

1.0%
  2. Warriors in 5

13.7%
  3. Warriors in 6

26.5%
  4. Warriors in 7

8.8%
  5. Celtics in 7

13.7%
  6. Celtics in 6

31.4%
  7. Celtics in 5

1.0%
  8. Celtics in 4

3.9%
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

You mean top 5 picks, right?

2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

He was an all star sub on a really weak east when his team was the Cinderella story of the year that was doing it through the contributions of maybe 6 different guys. Potentially the least deserving all star ever. I'm not afraid to dislike players I dislike even if they're on the Rockets. What I feel about DLo is worse than what I felt about Wall and Oladipo in their brief Rockets stints.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Prob has no effect, at least imo. KD won finals MVP 2 times lol

4. VanityHalfBlack

One of the most forgettable post seasons in nba history. I’m curious what the ratings were during this whole run. Congrats to Oakland I guess. On second thought *** The warriors.

Andre0087 likes this.
  5. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

The ratings this year have been the highest in years, your hate for the warriors are showing.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

great avatar btw

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  9. verysimplejason

It’s not the picks but how you use a player to his strengths. Some people just want shiny things but never use them right.

hakeem94 and Slyonebluejay like this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

These playoffs we learned. Booker and Tatum don’t have the it factor.

let’s move on to the new generation. Morant. Green. Edwards. The rest of the league can sit back now.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Hold up... you think a healthy Rockets team couldn't beat that Cavs team that got SWEPT by the same Warriors the Rockets nearly beat and could have if healthy? Stop...

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

On the finals, have to give it to Kerr as a coach and the Worriers for putting all the right pieces on the bench for him to mix and match. He got to play chess with about 50% more pieces than the Celtics.

On the Celtics, I feel badly for Al Horford for some reason. He's paid his dues, had a really good set of playoffs and probably won't get a chance to play this many minutes at this level again. At least he'll always have that nasty dunk on the Greek Freak. For GS, I am really happy for Wiggins, if only because his father never got his full run with the Rox. But Andrew seems like a head-down, work-hard kind of guy, and he doesn't have the punchable face thing going that most of his teammates have. LOL.

On the media, I don't think the "oh look how bad this old TV take was ha ha" thing is very compelling. Of course, cable sports talk will generate that, hours of it every day, because it's all based on having really loud irrational takes that get clicks and views. Now we're giving them more clicks and views? Okay.

A lot of us wanted the Worriers' window to close because it's kind of annoying. Unfortunately, they could be even better next year if that young big fella comes back fully healthy and if they just cut Iggy. LOL. Anyway, I don't see what team in the West will be improving a lot to challenge them either.

blahblehblah, Easy and JumpMan like this.
  13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I give Steph and the Warriors all the credit in the world for this chip. The first one they caught some people of guard with their style of play. The next 2 it was a weird cap blip and they had KD.

This one felt more legit. Everyone knows who they are, what won't work, and has detailed scouting reports on them.

Steph had to grind out playoff wins. They didn't win any games because another team had no clue how to play against a small ball lineup. They just executed better and played more together than their opponents.

This is the first time i felt like Steph lead the team in the playoffs for long stretches. He moved way up my all time list after this one.

I don't have him top 10 but he's probably the best small guard ever. I can't think of a 6'2 or under player I would rank above him.

That's an insane level of disrespect to say the warriors window is shut while that man is sitting just a few feet from you.

#1093 pmac, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I know Butler talked crap about towns. I’m pretty sure he did about Wiggins too. Well he has a ring now. He was closed to if not the best player for them.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Ah so it was the opposite. He just though towns was soft haha.

Rockets better not ever trade for that mofo

B-Bob likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao......at least this show is over with this year.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I treat this one as the lost one in 2019 because they had all these injuries......it is karma.

In my opinion the Warriors and the Heat are extremely well run organizations.

The Celtics might get there some day but they already have the richest history.

19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Butler's problem was mostly with KAT and $$$ (Wolves extended Kat & Wiggins but wouldn't extend + restructure Butlers contract).

I don't blame you for thinking Jimmy and Wiggins had beef, because for some odd reasons, Wiggins brother was beefing with Butler on social media during that whole fiasco.

Prior to or after Wiggins was traded to the Warriors, Butler vouched for Wiggins to a couple of the Warriors.

20. verysimplejason

Shooters age gracefully. Those who take them inside is often prone to the injury bug.