1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Boston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 29, 2022.

?

2022 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Celtics

Poll closed Jun 4, 2022.
  1. Warriors in 4

1.0%
  2. Warriors in 5

13.7%
  3. Warriors in 6

26.5%
  4. Warriors in 7

8.8%
  5. Celtics in 7

13.7%
  6. Celtics in 6

31.4%
  7. Celtics in 5

1.0%
  8. Celtics in 4

3.9%
  1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

hahaha - love your consistency. everything is boring but you still follow it. :D

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

And then you’re going to change your vote to 4-2. Just like you changed it after they loss game one to 4-1. LOL

hakeem94 and CK Johnson like this.
  3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Draymond Green is literally a menace. Crazy what this man gets away with.

Slyonebluejay and B-Bob like this.
  4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Sho did.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Draymond should've had 5 fouls before 6 minutes had elapsed in the game. Had zero.

Could only watch the first 11 minutes of the game before skipping to the end - that was absolutely disgusting by the officials.

I would love to see Adam Silver's smug face try to explain with a straight face how that was an offensive foul on Grant Williams being tackled by Draymond.

Absolutely disgusting.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly cannot muster any interest in seeing another NBA finals with the Warriors.

7. Rockets4Life13

He will never do it. They've done well by just completely ignoring all of this and never adressing it.

As long as the ratings are fine the integrity of the league doesn't seem to matter at all.

God i can't wait for the Warriors Big3 to retire. I'm tired of this.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I’ve earned differential treatment…”

vator likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

loved that jordan pool logo 3...what a moment for steph to pass the torch...

foh likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

honestly gotta love silver for giving it to warriors instead of some tanking teams like rockets or cavaliers....

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I only watched the 1st half, but watching the officiating be so far in the warriors favor was disgusting.

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

Officiating art versus officiating science huh?

Slyonebluejay, B-Bob and Easy like this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Haven’t watched either game

saw some highlights

big surprise, green and GS getting away with murder .

this league is fixed . The profits are too good for anyone to speak up .

I hope draymond and curry and the rest of the warriors suffer some karma and break all their legs

astrosrule likes this.
  14. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Draymond is that SpEd kid that knows he can get away with murder so long as he stomps on but never crosses the line. Now that he's stated the obvious there will be problems for him just based on how embarrassing it is for the NBA. No way he plays every game of this series. Would it surprise anyone if he gets suspended for the next game? A simple fine should be enough, TBH, but the NBA would look so soft.

15. foh

foh Member

The "differential treatment" quote from him was in reference to him geting ejected against grizzlies of course.

At the same time I could also see how this could also be a sort of Freudian Slip on his part to keep giving his anti-fans "evidence" that can be used/turned against him.

16. RocketsDraftTV

andrew bogut already said what rocket fans already knew.

17. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't think your first point is correct... he was asked if he was worried about picking up his second technical foul and he responded by saying he wasn't because he's earned differential treatment. Are you thinking he was saying he deserved to be forgiven for last night's actions because he was unfairly ejected against the Grizzlies? I am pretty sure he meant that he has earned the right to overreact like a maniac.

I believe the NBA treats him differently because he literally can't help it. The NBA knows that if he was treated equally to most of the NBA players, he would be ejected like every other game. Sort of like a kid that would be sent to the office every other class period if he received the same consequences as the rest of the students. Maybe he was born that way or maybe the NBA created this monster, but either way, he is who he is and the Warriors need him so the NBA looks the other way.

18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Watched the 1st quarter and knew it was going to be a blowout. Tony brothers pulled out his bag early. Theres not much you can do when a generational talent like that is in that kind of rhythm

There was 0 chance adam silver lets his favorite toys go down 0-2 in the finals

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is the Moving Screens that irritate me to no end

Rocket River

Slyonebluejay and vator like this.
  20. tksense

tksense Member

The thing is, players are capable of adjusting to calls, like tone down on tackles and moving screens, if they're called evenly on both sides.

I don't think the warriors needed the early calls to help them win this. Likewise, Boston was the one receiving favorable calls in 1st half of game 1, I also think they didn't need those calls to beat the warriors. Now this just creates controversies and leave bad tastes for fans.

Rocket River likes this.