1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Boston

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 29, 2022.

?

2022 NBA Finals: Warriors vs Celtics

Poll closed Jun 4, 2022.
  1. Warriors in 4

1.0%
  2. Warriors in 5

13.7%
  3. Warriors in 6

26.5%
  4. Warriors in 7

8.8%
  5. Celtics in 7

13.7%
  6. Celtics in 6

31.4%
  7. Celtics in 5

1.0%
  8. Celtics in 4

3.9%
  1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I just don't see enough of killer instinct in the Celtics, and to beat the Warriors in a close games you have that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Boston has nothing to worry about, “They ain’t even that good man”

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know. Curry has had some months in the regular season where he is just unstoppable and literally NBA Jam "On Fire". He is kind of due for one of those stretches during a playoff series.

4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can see him having a fantastic series if the Warriors blow the Celtics out. In other words, if he's front-running. If the games are close, they will need Thompson, Green, and others to step up because that's when Curry gets cold. And it makes sense, even though it looks effortless and thoughtless when he's on, Curry's shot is precise and influenced by both mental and physical pressure.

PiPdAdY33 and pippendagimp like this.
  5. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It's not too surprising since the numbers used by these sites have had BOS as the best team since mid Jan. In addition BOS has been crushing the league with their defense going 28-7 to finish the year, while the Warriors limped into the postseason with Curry injured and not shooting great most of the season.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I see it that they've just had a tougher road than GSW.

Outside of Memphis, GSW wasn't really challenged IMO. A hurt Nuggets team, Memphis without Ja, and then Dallas who just over achieved to get there.

Boston had to deal with Durant/Kyrie in the first round...then the defending champions...and a very game Heat team. They've been through it. I think the reason they look like they don't have a killer instinct is because they've been through some very mentally tough teams. Teams that all have championship experience.

Cokebabies, plutoblue11 and rpr52121 like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

let’s root for boston so our boy bill simmons will be proud

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

LOL, golden!

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  9. Asian Sensation

https://www.espn.com/nba/game/_/gameId/401129358

Last memory of Steph vs Rockets in the playoffs. Warriors were down 87-82 heading into the 4th quarter. Steph dropped 21 points in the 4th quarter to eliminate us. Interesting front runner.

Can’t say he didn’t do his part against the Raptors. He dropped 30.5 / 6 / 5 on 59.8 TS.

Aside from the Raptors series…. with the exception of a few games to Cavs and Rockets most of the Warriors playoff series throughout their championship runs have ended in sweeps or 5 games. If that’s what you call front running I guess we have different opinions on what a front runner is.

10. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

The projection models just have the data from the regular season (with some adjustments for the postseason) to go by--the Warriors looked great til Draymond went down with an injury and then Curry was injured when Green got back. Curry, Green, Wiggins and Thompson have shared the court for very little time prior to the postseason.

The Warriors were also #1 on defense by a wide margin prior to Green going down. I think defense is, at most, a push between these two teams, but I think the Warriors have a significantly better offense. Boston's defense should make things tough for the Golden State offense, but I think the Golden State defense should strangle the Boston offense. Especially if they get GPII back.

So I have the Warriors in 5. I think the Warriors win their home games and split the two on the road prior to game 5.

11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Eh, cakewalk series for the Warriors. Celtics might take one game but that's it.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Predicting Warriors in 5.

4th Title during their dynasty run ( in 6 Finals Appearances in 8 years)

They have owned the West during this run.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i beg to disagree
    no way picks no 11, 7 and 35 can beat the top picks in tatum and brown

the top picks in 4

15. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Advanced stats love the Celtics but the last 2 rounds seems like they made it harder on themselves than they needed to by going to 7.

Also not sure how they handle the Warriors patented "grab the star players MCL and twist' defense.

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Shouldn't you be in Cancun along with the Miami Heat, who you've crowned best team ever due to all their low picks and undrafted players?

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am in fact in Cancun, and not sure what the analytics says, but we still have internet here...
    btw the best team ever, the picks 11, 7 and 35 is still playing in the playoffs...

20. LoneStarDawg

LoneStarDawg Member

This is a tough one. Hard to pull for by a franchise that's knocked off the Rockets twice in the NBA Finals in '81 & '86 and has already won 17 championships. But then on the other hand, you also have the recent history with the other team, which goes without saying...