1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 17, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Right???

Sharpe showing confidence.

But Chet is a braggart and a fake.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I wonder if people realize it’s possible to support one player while not bringing another one down.

Or maybe sports is just like politics.

Either way, any one of Paolo, Chet, or Jabari is a huge win for the Rockets. Any reasonable person can see that.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's because they didn't participate in the activities he uses to measure it.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wait. Why did you put Paolo first in your list? :mad:

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Move him to the bench then lol

raining threes, Fullcourt and Fulgore like this.
  6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

That's cool and all, but are those the best defensive players or are they good defensive players or hyped defensive players on winning teams that media types see the most? A combo, I suspect. Giving the selections since 2000 a quick glance, I didn't see anyone on the 1st or 2nd team that didn't make the playoffs.

Edit: You can say that's because it takes a top defensive guy to make the playoffs or you can say that only those winning teams get enough publicity to have their defensive guys noticed. I suspect there are a number of defenders throughout the NBA who didn't make this list but are equal or better than some on this list. Of course defense is important, but relying on a list provided by media types is not particularly solid evidence.

#1606 rimrocker, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Rockets4Life13 and comrade like this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Believe me, I’m the first to discount the “media” as I find them in all aspects of our society as a sold out bunch of me first a**holes, but on all counts the defensive first and second teams are pretty fair, even if a few are left out because of their team situation. The overall testimony in this, is that defense is really important to success at the NBA level. Hopefully, the Rockets understand this and will correct their problems on that side of the ball, if not, we will suck forever.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's not possible, people are petty.

raining threes likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Cannot win a championship without top 10 offense AND defense.

Look it up.

Top 10 defense typically requires a plus defender or more.

10. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If the magic take Chet, I think it increases the odds that Jabari ends up in Houston. But forecasting what Presti will do is a fool’s errand.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

GOAT

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Best insider we got.

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It’s nice we stopped getting phoney guys pretending to be insiders and we know who to trust

D-rock, KingSamJack, ElPigto and 2 others like this.
  15. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Means KPJ is part of our future and ego is an extremely good guy

Verbal Christ and D-rock like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...en-will-sign-short-term-extension-with-sixers

• Portland does not appear to be a legitimate landing spot for restricted free agent Deandre Ayton, sources said. The Trail Blazers are expected to retain starting center Jusuf Nurkic, and they are prioritizing Toronto Raptors swingman OG Anunoby in any return for the No. 7 pick in next week's draft, sources said. But there has been increasing talk about Portland potentially targeting the seventh selection to Oklahoma City for No. 12 and a package that could include Lu Dort.

• Ayton's most realistic landing spots outside of Phoenix appear to be Atlanta, Detroit and Toronto, which all would present intriguing sign-and-trade opportunities for the Suns. League personnel have also whispered in recent days about a potential sign-and-trade of Ayton to Indiana for Myles Turner. Turner and Ayton share the same representation.

• One early candidate to fall in the lottery: Shaedon Sharpe. After not playing at Kentucky, Sharpe has been said to underwhelm multiple teams in pre-draft workouts. His range may begin with the New Orleans Pelicans at No. 8, but Sharpe could also feasibly be the target for any team that trades with Portland for the No. 7 pick.

Verbal Christ and D-rock like this.
  17. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

If OKC can get Shapre they will be really good in a few years, OKC might become our next big rivalry once we both are back in the playoffs.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

portland wants a big for the #7 pick. They didn’t want Christian Wood. Whatever package they accept will include a really good two-way big. Also Presti can outbid us for any deal. I’m taking Portland off the realistic trade partners list as it pertains to their #7 pick. I do think they’d be willing to trade for EG, but not #7. Possibly their 2023 lotto protected Pelicans pick.

19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Have you run into any of the noise about Atlanta working on a deal for Rudy Gobert?

edit: You win best avatar on this site! Brilliant!

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member