1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 NBA Draft Guillotine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Jun 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hahachui

hahachui Member

1, Chet
    2, Ivey
    3, Paolo
    4, Jabari
    5, Eason

2. MystikArkitect

Who do you think will be considered the 5 best players from this draft (in 5 years or so)? Rank them 1-5, best to worst.

1) Paolo Banchero
    2) Ben Mathurin
    3) Jaden Ivey
    4) Keegan Murray
    5) Chet Holmgren

Which 3 players do you think will be the most highly-touted players that end up a "bust" in 5 years? In other words - most overrated. And please, no fairly-consensus 2nd round players should make your list. The bigger the name that ends up a bust, the better you look.

1) Jabari Smith
    2) Dyson Daniels
    3) Johnny Davis

Who do you think the Rockets will draft with their picks at #3, #17, and #26. If you think the Rockets will ultimately trade those picks and move up or out, go ahead and state so. If anybody gets this one right, I'll be impressed. :D (Note : if these positions/picks change before the draft, just update the thread with your changes, if you want)

3) Paolo Banchero
    17) Tari Eason
    26) Beauchamp

coachbadlee likes this.
  3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Who do you think will be considered the 5 best players from this draft (in 5 years or so)? Rank them 1-5, best to worst.

1. Chet Holmgren
    2. Paolo Banchero
    3. Jabari Smith
    4. Jaden Ivey
    5. Keegan Murray

Which 3 players do you think will be the most highly-touted players that end up a "bust" in 5 years? In other words - most overrated. And please, no fairly-consensus 2nd round players should make your list. The bigger the name that ends up a bust, the better you look.

• No idea

Who do you think the Rockets will draft with their picks at #3, #17, and #26. If you think the Rockets will ultimately trade those picks and move up or out, go ahead and state so. If anybody gets this one right, I'll be impressed. :D (Note : if these positions/picks change before the draft, just update the thread with your changes, if you want)

• #3 Paolo Banchero
    • #17 & #26 traded up for Tari Eason

Random rants:

Surprisingly lots of you ranked Ivey as top 3, some even top 1. Which is fine. To each of their own I guess. I’m not here to judge. But then you pick Paolo with #3. I’m confused. If you rank Ivey higher, why wouldn’t you pick him at #3 if he’s still available? I seriously doubt Orlando or OKC will use their pick on Ivey.

xaos likes this.
  4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Nice thread!

1) Paulo Banchero (will win ROY)
    2) Jabari Smith
    3) Keegan Murray (2xall star games in his career)
    4) Dyson Daniels
    5) Ochai Agbagi (could potentially be a Mikal Bridges)

1) Benedict Mathurin
    2) Jeremy Sochan
    3) Johnny Davis (especially if drafted top 10)

I've gone for 3 mid-lotto guys who I don't think will ever make it as NBA starters. Mathurin I am either WAY wrong on, or WAY right on (in fact same for all 3 - swing for the fences eh?)

3) Paulo Banchero
    17) Ochai Agbagi
    26) Kennedy Chandler

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

1) Jaden Ivey
    2) Paolo Banchero
    3) Jaden Hardy
    4) Max Christie
    5) Mark Williams (if he stays healthy)

1) Jabari Smith (not a true bust, but when people find out he can't make good decisions inside the three point line and they're blitzing his three pointer... he'll be viewed as less than touted than right now for sure but still a good defender and shooter)
    2) Jeremy Sochan will be a head case if he doesn't find discipline. Of course with the right leadership that could go away.
    3) Nikola Jovic will be seen as a walking turnover and all that pretty jazz gets swept out to sea when he returns to Europe. (Hope I'm wrong, he's kind of fun to watch when it's working well for him.)

Who do you think the Rockets will draft with their picks at #3, #17, and #26. If you think the Rockets will ultimately trade those picks and move up or out, go ahead and state so.

3) Paolo Banchero
    17) Jaden Hardy (we're all surprised but we only drafted him because he slipped)
    26) Marjon Beauchamp (he's higher on the Rocket's board than others have him)

palmsnbananas and BigMaloe like this.
  6. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

5 Best Players In This Draft:

1) Paolo Banchero
    2) Jaden Ivey
    3) Jabari Smith
    4) Keegan Murray
    5) AJ Griffin

Top 3 Bust Potential:

1) Chet Holmgren
    2) Shaedon Sharpe
    3) Jaden Hardy

Rockets Draft Haul:

3rd - Paolo Banchero
    10th - Jalen Duren
    17th - (Traded To WAS For Pick #10)
    26th - (Traded To WAS For Pick #10)

groovemachine likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm deleting posts that don't necessarily conform to my original post. Again, this isn't a thread to debate, argue, or be a dumping ground for rando tweets, etc. This is just a way, in the future, to see how we do in picking players in drafts.

topfive and don grahamleone like this.
  8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

1) Chet
    2) Jabari
    3) Daniels
    4) Paolo
    5) Murray

1) Paolo
    2) Ivey
    3) Davis

3) Paolo
    17) Jalen Williams
    26) Beauchamp

9. bigred77

bigred77 Member

deleted

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

5 Best Players In This Draft:

1) Jabari
    2) Ivey
    3) Paolo
    4) Murray
    5) Daniels
    ***Wild Card***
    Chet - IF he stays healthy he'll probably top this list.

Top 3 Disappointments not Busts:

1) Griffin (Will knees hold up?)
    2) Davis
    3) Duren
    ***Wild Card***
    Chet - Thin frame does not allow him to be the player he was in HS and College.

Rockets Picks:

#3 Paolo

They trade EG to Phi for 23. With a combination of 17, 23, 26 and a combination of players and or a future pick they select...

Mark Williams
    Jalen Williams

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

1) Jaden Ivey
    2) Paolo Banchero
    3) Chet Holmgren
    4) Jabari Smith
    5) Keegan Murray

1) Shaedon Sharpe
    2) Benedict Mathurin
    3) Jeremy Sochan

3) - Paolo Banchero
    17) - traded to move up
    26) - included in the trade to move up

Even with Wood out of the picture, I still feel as though Charlotte would be a great fit for a move up trade. They hold #13 and #15 overall... I could see something materializing for Eric Gordon and Kenyon Martin Jr. for Terry Rozier and PJ Washington and the rights to #13 for #17 and #26 in return.

It'll be a fun night for sure!

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Only 3 pages of entries??? After all the talk all year and especially the last couple months of certain prospects from folks around here

[​IMG]

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

1) Paolo Banchero
    2) Jabari Smith Jr
    3) Keegan Murray
    4) Jaden Ivey
    5) Bennedict Mathurin

1) Chet Holmgren
    2) AJ Griffin
    3) Jeremy Sochan

Who do you think the Rockets will draft with their picks at #3, #17, and #26.

3) Paolo Banchero
    17) Tari Eason
    26) EJ Liddell

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

1) Paolo
    2) Chet
    3) Mathurin
    4) Smith
    5) Daniels

1) Ivey
    2) Davis
    3) Murray

3) Banchero
    17) Dieng
    26) Beauchamp

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Responses after the draft begins tonight are considered late! Yes, even for the best/worst players portion of the exercise.

I'll give YOLO's post a pass because I was about to say the same thing. C'mon, where's the guts? It's just for fun so we can laugh at ourselves (or worship the Draft God). But again, no debates, responses to others' posts, rando tweets, etc. Just your picks with related commentary if you have any.

I also agree with those saying this may be a better exercise after the draft, but where's the fun/excitement in that? We all have these opinions we want to convince everybody of before the draft, so .... this is the chance to finalize your opinion for everyone to see in one place. Besides, after the draft, too many things can happen. Guys can break legs, drown, be shot, get eaten alive on a safari, etc. and it wouldn't be fair to the people that had submitted their picks earlier. Maybe we can reconsider this in future years.

I wasn't going to participate because I don't really even watch college ball, but I'll go ahead and look like an idiot myself :

1) Paolo Banchero
    2) Jaden Ivey
    3) Chet Holmgren
    4) Jabari Smith
    5) Keegan Murray

1) Jalen Duren
    2) Johnny Davis
    3) AJ Griffin

3) Paolo Banchero (or Ivey or traded down for more assets)
    17) Tari Eason (if he's there. If not, Malaki Branham or EJ Liddell, assuming we don't trade the pick)
    26) We'll use this pick either in a trade or draft the leftovers of Branham/TyTy Washington/Liddell/Jovic, though I find it painful to think we'll draft 3 more 19-21'ish year olds unless we're trading somebody young we currently have on the roster.

16. jogo

jogo Member

1) Chet
    2) Ivey
    3) Jabari
    4) Bennedict
    5) Eason

1) Paolo
    2) Dieng
    3) Sharpe

3) Paolo
    17) Trade 17+26+ ? for Eason
    26)

17. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

1) Chet Holmgren (best defender)
    2) Paolo Banchero (best offensive player)
    3) Dyson Daniels (similar to Lonzo Ball)
    4) Jabari Smith (elite 3&D option, will get overpaid)
    5) Keegan Murray (solid starter)

1) Ousmane Dieng (out of the league)
    2) AJ Griffin (zero impact on the basketball court)
    3) Jeremy Sochan (Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 2.0)

3) Paolo Banchero
    17) Tari Eason
    26) Kennedy Chandler

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Time's up... draft has started!

don grahamleone likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.