1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 NBA Draft/1-3] Jabari Smith Jr., F, Auburn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of Jabari Smith?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. YES

89.7%
  2. NO

10.3%
  1. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Being aggressive, attack the rim and draw as many fouls as you can.

If he can rack up some dunks or alley-oops for easy points in the game it will start getting nice.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

Winning player

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Missed all his layups - except the one they really needed. Good progress

4. maj21

maj21 Member

He gets his 3 ball off so easy and it can’t be blocked, it’s all about if he makes or misses it. Exactly what I envisioned when we drafted him! Wait until he gains more muscle and punish guys inside. LFG!!

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Starting to come around. Love the player. But still, 11 three-point attempts and only 6 attempts from inside the arc. He's developing confidence, which is good, but he's not developing his game. He did get to the line which is a good sign. Needs easy buckets to round up his game.

mario_v likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

Happy for him. He instigated that dust up with Murray after those clowns started prancing around on the court. He took offense to that.
    Definitely a leader.

Now if we can just get him to get some of these:

7. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

This guy has everything to be a great player, tonight he showed personality and that he cannot be intimidated easily.
    We just have to be patient with him, it's just a matter of time and patience.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I liked what he showed today, his finishing around the rim is still a long way to go but his passion and fire is absolutely there.

9. TimDuncanDonaut

10. Good Times

Good Times Member

Yes sir! Good game from Smith. He did all the little things to win and stayed patient on offense.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Developing his game? He’s barely showed competency at being a knock down 3 point shooter. Let him get confident in the things he knows he’s good at and we’ll probably start seeing it expand from there.

The around the basket stuff sure is ugly though. Him and Tari should be shooting layups for another few hours.

12. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Great signs. The missed bunnies will eventually drop when he becomes more experienced and develop some strength. Glad he didn’t take **** from the punk Dewhatever his name is. Keep sinking them 3s.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Keep the receipts on those who called him a bust with less than 20 games under his belt. It's gonna b fun clowning these knee jerkers for a long time

#3613 DatRocketFan, Nov 25, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You know why I don't post in here much? Too many knee-jerk reaction to young players. Quick to dismiss players as "bust". How about you them a season to adjust to the NBA and then see where they are. Then, another season to show the "jump" in their game.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Jabari is going to be a bully once he bulks up more. He won’t get along with most players but I don’t care. Figure it out then.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You would think they would learn after Jalen, Sengun, Garuba, KJ (*RIP GUP) they all struggled because silas out here trying to make them into Dallas south. No rookie is going to play well when Silas is trying to make them into players they aren't. Im convinced Ty Ty is also going to break out once he is called up.

The first play of the game was Jabari getting a shot in movement. yes, I know Bari is not Klay, but he is clearly more comfortable on the move. It's like he is not thinking about his shot when he is on the move. The shot was wet. the play call from Silas perfect. Then we didn't see it again for a couple qtrs. It's okay, baby steps. silas is a dummy like the bari haters.

clutchdabear and i3artow i3aller like this.
  17. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

I'm so happy that he's proving me wrong. Keep it going rook

18. dmoneybangbang

Good game! He's starting to show some consistency, but still not shooting well from 2pt.

I'm hoping he can average +8 3PA by the end of the season and focus less on the shots he's not good at yet.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Most great players didn't get along with other players. But they were respected.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now let's see if Jabari can get his name up there in the ROY race.