1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 NBA Draft/1-3] Jabari Smith Jr., F, Auburn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of Jabari Smith?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. YES

89.7%
  2. NO

10.3%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I didn't dismiss that source but saying Jabari is most 'pro-ready' but Paolo is the 'Best" player contradicts each other. The best player is the most pro-ready player, since drafts are based on theories and hypotheticals.

Saying you can plug a player in right away isn't saying the player is the MOST pro-ready player, which is what you've claimed scouts said about Jabari, that was always Paolo.

I don't care what people say here either, don't even bring it up, people on here, like you, were calling Green a Bust month 1. We are over reactionary
    fans that crap out takes. IDGAF if the majority of the board thinks one thing.

Revisionist history when you found like one site that said Jabari is the most pro-ready and I had a poll of GMs where 80% of them said Paolo would be ROY???

Yes, you are overreacting lol. You've already said Jabari is a bust and the man hasn't played a season yet. This is the definition of overreaction. Using such snap judgement you'd have a super long list of HOF players that would be busts because impatient fan couldn't wait even a season before making a final judgement.

You mean the vast majority of mock drafts from media sites had him #1 which do not actually represent actual GM draft boards

If Jabari was truly the Consensus #1 pick, he doesn't go 3rd. This isn't fake history, Paolo went #1, Jabari did not.

Mock drafts from CBS are not actually real and do not actually represent what NBA GMs think of players.

2. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I’m not watching... Please god tell me bari is looking good!

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

His best game as a pro. Stroke is looking silky smooth tonight.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

22 and 7 on 8/14 shooting. I am taking that all day

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He made many plays on the defensive end too. Proud of him

DreamShook, Dobbizzle and red5rocket like this.
  7. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

He's coming around offensively, but his best play was blocking Draymond's dunk attempt. It was called a foul, but was an awesome play.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Finally looked like an NBA player within 5 feet of the rim. I'll take it.

amaru likes this.
  9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Just a confidence thing for him i think. He will slow down and get use to the grind of the NBA

DreamShook likes this.
  10. OkayAyeReloaded

If a Clutchfan can create a nice Jabari highlight mix of tonight's game I'm sure many would appreciate it.

The talent is there, with the right mentality, maxing out his strengths, and adding new things to his game long term, he can be a beast and fulfill his potential.

11. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

LOL. I wonder if people like this ever get tired of being reactionary and wrong.

Dobbizzle, JayGoogle and red5rocket like this.
  12. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I'm happy Jabari finally played well. Problem is right now the outliers are the good games ... So people like you are reactionary and wrong.

13. Houston77

Supporting Member

Oh no! A 19 yr old is inconsistent! Someone stop the presses!

Learn basketball. Smith is the youngest of the top draft picks. Of course he is going to take a little time. Enough of this “he doesn’t show elite traits” crap. A 19 yr old doesn’t perform like he did today in the NBA without elite traits.

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Why are you so personally offended? I'm happy Jabari finally played well. It still doesn't change the fact he has played about 2 1/2 good games out of how many? I've been disappointed by high draft picks before and learned to be objective. You should give it a try too. You might enjoy basketball a bit more.

(He still shot below NBA average from the 3 tonight ... by the way. But it's an improvement from terrible!)

15. Houston77

Supporting Member

I am objective. Objectively speaking, your post was reactionary, premature nonsense.

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Lol ok champ. Data is not on your side buddy. Let's hope Jabari keeps it up though!

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. Houston77

Supporting Member

You want data? Fine. Pull the data from how the typical 19 year old performs in the NBA.

I'll do your homework for you. Here is the list 19 yr olds that performed incredibly well from day 1: Lebron, Luka, Durant, Carmelo. That's it. Every other teenager -- yes, Smith is technically a teenager -- took a while to adjust to the pace of the NBA.

Trackwell likes this.
  19. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I'm not expecting Lebron, Luka performance ... Despite Smith being the 3rd pick. I just want him to shoot better than 30% since he is supposedly an elite shooter. I'm not going to pretend he is playing well or that he has shown enough to suggest he will be a great player in this league. I call it how it is. Right now he is playing the worst out of the lottery picks this year minus Chet. He can definitely turn it around and I hope he does. I spent an entire decade cheering for players like Yao Ming, TMac and Rafer Alston. I deserve happiness.

Do my homework for me. How many rookies shoot better than 30% from the field?

20. Houston77

Supporting Member

Let's talk after the season. If he's still shooting 30% then, I'll start to worry.