1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 NBA Draft/1-3] Jabari Smith Jr., F, Auburn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of Jabari Smith?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. YES

89.7%
  2. NO

10.3%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

There's a difference between a good shooter having a cold stretch and a bad shooter.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who is beating down anybody?

What the heck are you talking about?

Why must you and your ilk feel take things so personally when discussing the flaws our players have?

Can we not point out what the y need to work on?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who is a bad shooter and why does only one of these guys have to be going through a cold stretch?

4. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Your ilk? Funny. Your a constant DB. Negative about everything unless it meets your agenda.

Little Bit likes this.
  5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Proof in the pudding. Thanks D

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok, so you have stopped even trying to make sense anymore.

7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Unlike the majority of your senseless takes I try to have an open mind. And it's clear when a D is out to be a D based on whatever their agenda is. Have fun with that.

8. dmoneybangbang

It’s so tiresome that we can’t talk about Jabari’s weaknesses without the positivity posse calling folks DBs.

An open mind is the ability to discuss strengths and weaknesses without insults.

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

He’s been putting up like ~15 attempts per game.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We really need to start hitting him when he's blatantly open in the corner early in the game to get him in rhythm early. If he's out there running ISOs and PnRs to get his shots, that is a huge failure on team offense. Unfortunately, none of our guards seem to have the vision / competence to do so.

tinman and DeBeards like this.
  11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Call it as I see it.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He HAS been 'blatantly open' .. dude is taking 4 WIDE OPEN shots per game and only making 1 so far according to nba stats = https://www.nba.com/stats/players/shots-closest-defender-10?CloseDefDistRange=6++Feet+-+Wide+Open

Not a big deal, but maybe the next time everyone is freaking out that "he's wide open pass him the ball' that there may be some strategic insight as to why he isnt getting the ball!

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

IDGAF how many he ends up making. If you have a 6'10 shooter who historically hits 40% from downtown open on the perimeter and you don't have a wide open lane yourself, you hit him with the ball EVERY SINGLE TIME. If it's Sengun in the corner or Tate, fine. It's not though, so no excuses.

Little Bit likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Likewise.

Believe It! likes this.
  15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Had nothing to do with you BTW, but ok.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If that shot is so easy to make they should all shoot it if they’re open. I don’t disagree that Jabari is a good shooter, but the reality is he’s not shooting good right now so you can’t force feed it as the game slips away. He’s already taking 15 shots a game! Like I already said not worried. I’m sure he’s going to snap out of it and when he does the whole team will look better.

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Point is I would rather Jabari get fed that open 3 than end up with anyone but Green taking a contested shot from anywhere. Don’t give a damn how many shots he has already taken or how many he has missed.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The guy has played summer league, 1 pre-season game and 3 regular season games. I just don't understand how 100% of the board can't rationalize patience. The Jalen Green lesson needs application.

I expect Smith shoots 34% on threes this year and 37% next year.

Stoic Rob, clutchdabear and zeeshan2 like this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

That strategy is how teams fall behind by 20.

20. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I think you’re missing the point of player development.

Jabari getting kicked to for an open look is the play that needs to be made regardless of if he’s hitting his shot at the moment. He needs touches and time to grow as a player. Outside of Jalen Green - there is nobody on the roster I want to see involved in the offense more than Jabari.

pointing out his poor shooting and blowing him off because of it is very myopic. We aren’t winning a championship this year and are t going to be competitive for a play in either. We are in player development mode.