1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 NBA Draft/1-3] Jabari Smith Jr., F, Auburn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of Jabari Smith?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. YES

89.7%
  2. NO

10.3%
  1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You guys are just too thirsty to win and need the weirdest vindications.

Fine Jalen Green = Kobe Bryant. (but I also remember how many people freaked about that too but IM the bad guy LOL)

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Y’all be making whoopie in no time.

I’ll go with the experience and wisdom of one John Lucas, who works and talks to Jabari more than anyone.

#2063 RudyTBag, Oct 7, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    jiggyfly likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

that jumper is pretty

joshuaao and TheJet like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If he's Lancelot does that make you Percival? Nahhh you strike me more a Mordred type. :p

6. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

"You guys"???

I didn't say it. A guy that coached both the dudes. Been around them both. Knows them. He said his demeanor and leadership reminded him of Robinson. You call him out for it like he has no idea what he's talking about. How would you know whether that's true or not. You spend much time on the court, on the bench or in the locker room with em lately?

And again if it was Silas comparing KPJ's whatever to Lebron's whatever you wouldn't have said anything.

SMH

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

And again it was just his demeanor and leadership. Not like he said he's already a MVP or DPOY candidate. Give me a break. A high school quarterback could have the same demeanor and leadership qualities as Tom Brady, doesn't mean he's going to end up the goat.

jiggyfly and RudyTBag like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Negative? I guess. Why was it crazy for Jalen to be compared to Kobe Bryant with ON COURT displays and yet its OK for Jabari Smith to be David Robinson in demeanor at 19 years old? This is twilight zone material man.

Injecting a KPJ straw man into this lets me know how absurd all these comps have gotten and makes me cringe for you.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s not okay for John Lucas to say that the kid reminds him of David Robinson, his old friend and teammate?

Super strange hill to die on, IMO.

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im not dying on any hill. Jabari Smith is nothing like David Robinson and I definitely dont need to be a toxic gremlin to feel better about myself and have favorites on this team and then destroy others for having theirs. John Lucas is in the business of "player guru" .. hes SUPPOSED to push that type of reinforcement but its also called COACH SPEAK. I can pull so many of these types of comments from shot doctors and other coaches that just dont pan out and its just added pressure for these guys especially without even playing 1 full season.

I dont know how many times I've already said how much I anticipate great things from Jabari without needing him to be any other player that came before him. JFC its like every fking thing that is commented on about Jabari needs to be "positive" or a guy be deemed a hater and conveniently ignoring the same backlash for other players on this team that received similar absurd comps last season. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

edit: by the looks of a quick search you seem to love these types of comps so it makes sense.

11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Running from the KPJ question with this straw man BS says a lot. Did Kobe have MJ's skill level at 18? No, but he did have his demeanor.

Don't know what your thinking, but I never said anything about the Jalen Kobe comparisons so...

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

OMG why the need to keep inserting these trivial emotion riddled thoughts? Running from the KPJ question? Cmon man that is ridiculous. Im not comparing Kobe to MJ that is easy NOW. I'll compare Jalen to Kobe because there is still so much that can go wrong and the convenience of hindsight is not available.

NO need to look at this in selfish ME manner. I never pointed you out directly in the thought, but to say Jalen was not drug through the mud around here when guys like me made the comparison last year to Kobe would also be disingenuous. People can learn and grow and Im at the point where Im tired of all these spurious claims. I've mentioned as much in plenty of exchanges since then but you would rather just bicker and keep whistling through the wheatfields expecting the best. Jabari SMith could have career threatening injuries for all we know and then what? "well at least he had demeanor". Give the guy a chance to be his own man without taking coach speak as a foregone conclusion.

edit: this place is turning into an infinite episode of the Bad Girls Club. SMH.

13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Trivial, emotion riddled thoughts?

Like "I cringe for you".

WTFE.

Me responding in what you take as a "ME manner" was due to you throwing out ish about a Jalen Kobe comparison that I NEVER disagreed with.

I'm not hating on you Bro. No need to get it twisted.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Mamba mentality is still a little inferior than the real MJ thing but okay.

Air Jordan did not market it that way but instead just went with highjumping 'His Airness'.

Believe It! likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

You are creating a martyr of yourself for no reason dude.

Believe It! likes this.
  16. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LOL. You think?

Let's just move on. There's a gm tonight so we ALL have something to look foward to. Maybe we'll get lucky and Silas will bless us with starting Tari and he goes off again for 20 and 10.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yes please if ya'll want me to "take it back" then fine. Jabari Smith = David "The Admiral" Robinson in demeanor.

Believe It! likes this.
  18. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LOL. I get your point about letting them be them. I took it the wrong way and it went off the rails from there. o_O

Verbal Christ likes this.
  19. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its dodge ball bro. Everyone wants to be on the winning team and I get that. I want to actively try and be part of the solution and not part of the problem and I need to do better too.

jiggyfly and Believe It! like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Who said that?

I'm calling bullshit on anybody that saying that.

Why do you all have to invent stuff to try and clown about?