1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 NBA Draft/1-29] TyTy Washington Jr., PG, Kentucky

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of TyTy Washington?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. YES

94.8%
  2. NO

5.2%
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Good comparison...hopefully Andre Miller plus a 3-point shot...

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That's a high compliment

csc177 and javal_lon like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

TyTy is doing ok, he is looking pretty good, but right now Nix is a better NBA player.

DD

4. Nook

Nook Member

There are some guys that just know what they are doing and are winners. Ty is that type of player. Time will tell how much he can use his intelligence and guile at the NBA level. What I can say is he is going to make the right decision more than others and he does little things to win.

He doesn’t turn the ball over, he finds open guys, he shoots when he should and he is an underrated defender.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he is on the floor at the end of close games… he also is known as a strong leader.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Based on what?

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He meant NBA 2k22. While eating taco bell.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Right now Titty hasn't shown that he can hit the 3, he's only shooting 22% from 3 in the Summer League thus far. Also Nix has had more success generating both his own scoring and creating for others than Titty.

I think Titty has more potential defensively than Nix, but as of right now, Nix is more deserving of minutes.....but in a perfect world, you'd want someone better than either of them. Not that there is likely to be all that many minutes available.

javal_lon and Nook like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Agree that Ty doesn’t shoot the three well at all so far. However he is a +5 on the floor and Nix is a -1… Ty turns the ball over a lot less.

Nix has better traditional counting stats, but it hasn’t translated in his his team plays.

Most likely Ty will be a back up long term, but he has the chance to be one of the best back up guards in the league if he improves his outside shooting.

To be clear, I don’t hate Nix, I just don’t think it translates to winning play.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I'd give the eye test to Washington so far. Not by a ton. Nix looks fine but IDK. Something makes me think he isn't going to be better than Ty for long.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The thing about Ty not turning it over though is that he's a super low usage player right now. He's not turning it over because he's not handling the ball much, not doing much. I'd be interested to see what would happen if they decided to let him play a more active role in running the offense.

I'm not invested in either player, so whoever wins out makes little difference to me. I just think that they are likely to give Nix the benefit of the doubt this season and send Ty to the G league where he can work on his 3 point shooting since it's basically "put up or shut up" time for Nix. He's either going to show he can handle the backup 1 or he's going to be dumped.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

so titty will be a 6th man type in the mold of how bobby jackson was to the kings?

Nook likes this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Tyty I think is better than Nix because he can defend laterally and being quicker and uses his long arms to get steals. Plus he talks on Defense, yelling Positive things to his Teammates.

Offensively he is very unselfish and always wants to run the system, looking to drive and pass to a open teammate.

13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

At the NBA Level Tyty will be better, once he gets stronger and lose extra weight he will be even faster, his floater, passing.
    His IQ and lateral defense and all around game.

Daishen Nix very sorry to say that Nix lack of work in the off-season in not losing even more weight and not slimming down even more. Makes me question if he cares at all.

Josh Christopher slimmed down by working, he looks faster and better Defensively, what is Nix excuse. Nix should've lost more weight because Point Guards are blowing past him.

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Ty will be a rich young man in 2028..

gatsby, Hakeemtheking, King1 and 2 others like this.
  15. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

You think someone will overpay for him?

Bobbythegreat and javal_lon like this.
  16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Most definitely

Jontro likes this.
  17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Shut up DD, you don’t know shiii.. Nix sucks ass

Drift Monkey and King1 like this.
  18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

DD's track record on players is the worst here by a long shot

19. raining threes

I see TyTy as a Cameron Payne type PG as a floor and George Hill as his ceiling.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Regarding ty ty and nix . Ty ty is a better player , nix has a better body . Nix still looks chunky and yet he looks pretty athletic .

I think nix will get a bit ahead of him in the pecking order due to his xp . But , ty ty will be better after working on his body for a year.

for the record I’m not a huge nix fan and don’t see big potential. I do like ty ty , but his shot will have to go up because I don’t think he will be able to reliably be able to get to his spots .