1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Midterms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Jan 8, 2021.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Kelly is starting to be called as AZ Senate victor.

Catherine Cortez Masto is down 10K votes with 90% of votes in, so I less optimistic at this point.

AZ and NV both broke late for the Ds in 2020, so fingers crossed.

2. No Worries

Roevember, indeed.

3. No Worries

Who knew Donald was a Taylor Swift fan?

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It’s not the first time this has happened. You act like this is some big deal that’s never occurred before.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah that's what I can't stand.

I actually respect Tim Scott. I think he's sincere (as sincere as a politician can be at least) , he's definitely not a dumbass, but Walker? You've described him perfectly.

It is pretty easy to see what he is.

I hope Warnock wins this runoff of course, I think he has a pretty good chance because Kemp was very likely carrying a lot of Walker votes and those won't be there in december.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I know both liberals and conservatives get a kick when voters vote for a dead individual, however, why would voters vote for the opposite party just because one guy died? Depending on the state, you either have to choose another individual from same party or have a special election to get replace the deceased individual. They couldn't put another candidate in the ballot due to deadlines, so just a cheap laugh I suppose. Is not as if Republicans have not done the same thing in the past.

#2627 ElPigto, Nov 11, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm not optimistic either but people watching the Masto race seem pretty confident she's likely to win once all the votes are counted. If she wins it'll be extremely close.

ElPigto and No Worries like this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

11. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. No time to remove him from the ballot. This triggers a special election. What is the problem here? At least this triggers a special election, unlike Nevada where they elected a dead GOP candidate, but instead of a special election someone was appointed to the position.

Perhaps the GOP controlled state legislature in PA should change the law.

DonnyMost and Andre0087 like this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I understand it, because voters don't always vote for the individual but rather the party. Let's be honest with ourselves, if the democrats were running an equivalent to Walker and Republicans actually had a saint running, and as aware voters we knew the balance of the courts were dependent on keeping majority in senate (this being a 50/50 case, lets consider some of the republican assigned justices are getting up there in age), would we in good conscious vote for the good candidate versus the shitty candidate? I know I wouldn't. Probably the reason I sometimes hate politics since I have to make hard decisions like this (sitting out or write in candidate or 3rd party candidate would not be an option).

I had to make that choice when Hillary ran against Trump, unfortunately, that ****er won, but yeah, I wasn't happy having to vote for Hillary. It was a conscious decision I had to make.

Yeah, we can call evangelicals hypocrites all we want (and they are), but let's be real, they have one ****ing issue in mind mostly, and that's abortion, hypocrisy be damned.

EDIT: TRUMP IS NOT A SAINT, lol, I can see how my post will be interpretted that way. **** Trump, but if someone better would have ran against Hillary (then I guess my example would be better).

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah every analyst sees her as leaning towards winning. Even wasserman said she had a good night

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. justtxyank

Nevada analyst: based on known votes, Masto will lead in Nevada by tonight -MSNBC

Andre0087 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. No Worries

Arizona is a Banana Republic?

The local Chambers of Commerce must be thrilled.

With 82% reporting, Lake is behind over a full percentage point.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. justtxyank

the vote to be counted is likely to favor lake. She’s the favorite

No Worries likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Those MEGA churches run by millionaires love that tax free money they buy those private jets and mansions with too from the donations meant to help the poor and suffering. Face it, it's really not all about abortion. There are plenty who go to church, then go home and beat their wife or kids, or worse. Just because you call yourself a Christian doesn't mean you don't accept the White Nationalist stance of so many in the GOP, or look down at other races and cultures as people you would never accept in your home.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

When voters would vote to go to a special election (which is what this vote is) over the Republican, what does that say about the Republican more than anything?

Republicans voted for a guy who paid for an abortion (which you I assume think is murder right?) and put a gun to the head of his wife just so they could maybe have the power of the Senate Majority even when they didn't hold the presidency so can't get any legislation through anyways.

So what does THAT say about Republican voters? Count me in as someone who would much rather vote for a dead guy than someone who would vote for a guy who would put a gun to the head of his wife.

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

She's a kook. Just a big mouth MAGA Trump lover.

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You assume a lot.