1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Midterms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Jan 8, 2021.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It’s all down to GA and NV

Genesis likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Expect articles of impeachment sometime in the next year with the GOP controlling the House.

3. Major

Major Member

I think MGT said she would introduce them on day 1. I think she's already submitted impeachment articles 3 or 4 times over the last 2 years.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Fun fact: Garfield County, Colorado, where Lauren Boebert's hometown of Rifle is (the town where she had her open-carry restaurant) - voted 51-48% for Democratic challenger Adam Frisch. She lost...in her home town.

jiggyfly, adoo, JeeberD and 3 others like this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

AZ and NV only need to go D to hold the Senate. Also winning GA would just save Kamala from having to go to the Senate to cast votes.

6. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

This has to be the worst performance by the opposing party, in a mid-term, in modern history.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

We have such awful candidates. American politics are really depressing. TV personalities run for office, dudes with medical issues who can't put together complete sentences, ex football players with the awful pasts, super old people. It's pretty sad.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Red wave!

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Yup, I'm aware, and I think the D gov is going to be pressured to appoint more partisan judges in the future to counter balance the shenanigans in other states.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

A little bitterness coming through there.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Democrats really don’t though. I don’t know how anyone can listen to up and comers like Katie
    Porter, Shapiro, etc. talk about the issues and think these people are on par with MTG and Hershel. I mean Mark Kelly is a freaking astronaut for crying out loud.

If you followed Fetterman pre stroke he was definitely a great communicator and it’s offensive to those of us who have people close to us have strokes, fight hard, and are just as productive in society after their rehab. People need to stop it with that sh$t.

Here in Texas some of the better candidates did well down in the valley but missed on Beto who at this point despite his popularity with the youth vote is a bad candidate with the electorate that matters. I’ll give you that much that he was a bad candidate but not on par with the nutcases on the other side who believe in lizard people.

jiggyfly and joshuaao like this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Andre0087 likes this.
  13. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Red thud

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

If the economy picks back up 2024 might be a bloodbath.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Both parties are nutcases. It's why I don't fall online with the two party system.

blue_eyed_devil and peleincubus like this.
  16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would agree with this however not much is being done with the economy as it is.

Also shout out to my independents showing up a bit tonight lol. I saw you with some of the votes

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

What will be their reason lol? He’s a democrat!

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Pretty much.

Andre0087 likes this.
  19. CCorn

CCorn Member

20. Major

Major Member

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/30/biden-impeachment-republicans-trump-comparison

House Republicans have introduced more than a dozen impeachment resolutions against President Biden and his officials, far outpacing Democrats' formal impeachment efforts at this point in former President Trump's term.

Why it matters: The failed impeachment efforts provide a roadmap for the investigations that Republicans — eager to make the rest of Biden's term a living nightmare — will likely pursue if they retake the majority after the midterms.

Driving the news: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), one of the most right-wing members of Congress, introduced a new article of impeachment against Biden last week for selling oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to foreign nations — a practice the Trump administration also engaged in.

By the numbers: House Republicans (mostly, but not all, members of the right-wing Freedom Caucus) have introduced a staggering 14 impeachment resolutions since Jan. 3, 2021.

• Biden has been the target of nine, with two aimed at Attorney General Merrick Garland and one each against Vice President Kamala Harris, Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas.
    • The most common charges have been mishandling the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan and failing to secure the U.S.-Mexico border.
    • Greene alone has introduced five resolutions.

fchowd0311 and CCorn like this.