1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022-23 Houston Rockets -- will they be over/under 24.5 wins?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2022.

?

Will the Rockets win over or under 24.5 games in 2022-23?

1. OVER 24.5 wins

188 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. UNDER 24.5 wins

79 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. Jose Cuervo

Jose Cuervo Member

My heart says over, but my head thinks under.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

27-55 over.

DD

mikol13 likes this.
  3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I’m the opposite, my heart says under because draft pick is far more important then some meaningless wins but my head is concerned about the over

4. dmoneybangbang

I voted under. I think we will be better but we are still playing a bunch of rookies and sophomores.

Corrosion likes this.
  5. TheBeastSystem

need to trade for mason plumlee, korkmanz, rj hampton, and jarrett culver and make them the bench brigade......

barely win 20

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If the young players are as good as most of us think they are, they should be over. The young talent is there. Time to shoot for the playoffs.

Jontro likes this.
  7. Jose Cuervo

Jose Cuervo Member

I think you just let it play out and see what happens. Ideally I would like to see the core of the team gel and be more competitive. If that leads to more wins and you are not in the top 5 in the lottery, I am okay with it.

fattz and Corrosion like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Over, just barely. 25 wins, but I won't be surprised if they get 2 or 3 more.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Nook, theDude, snowconeman22 and 2 others like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My prediction is under at 24. That would be a +4 game improvement from last year.

Nook, dmoneybangbang and Corrosion like this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Pretty surprised by that number too .... didn't expect the confidence numbers to be near 50% considering the vocal majority is so anti-Silas.

I think he's done a rock solid job myself - even if it hasn't turned into W's just yet and it appears the plan was to lose / maximize those ping pong balls.

Some of the offensive metrics were off the charts and doing that with such a young team is impressive. They can get lots better ....

As for the defense, he was handcuffed from the get go with a center who wouldn't center and again we have to mention the youth of this team - young players / teams are almost never very good defensively and there have been flashes of quality from several players - KPJ, Tate & Christopher stand out and even Green improved as the season wore on.
    He didn't have a heck of a lot of defensive talent to work with last year but they've added to that with Tari & Jabari in positions they were lacking last season - they can put 5 solid defenders on the floor at once now.

I don't think it translates to a whole lot of W's this year but I also think that's by design.

They'll be a better, more competitive team with a similar record.

#52 Corrosion, Aug 29, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Heart says over but mind says under. Like some of you have pointed out, this season should technically be our last tank season since our pick could go to OKC next year (unless we bottom out again).

Best case scenario is if we get Wemby or Scoot (pass first PG). I think we should be looking at signing FA next year and get back into competing. Besides, I doubt Tilman would want to tank anymore after this year. He wants his return as well.

Idk if Green, Sengun and Smith Jr. will panout but hopefully one of them turns into a top 10 player of the league. Positive Vibes~

:cool:

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

27-30 wins this year....over...book it.

One Caveat, SILAS has to try to win and not put in scrubs every game.

DD

15. fattz

fattz Member

Silas will be judged this year and next. So the over.

DaDakota likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

45 wins, play in, second round bounce

Ankara1923 and r-fan-since-81 like this.
  17. conquistador#11

Just looked at the schedule. Holy F#@#. I knew they were away from home but they scheduled them against the best teams for like the first 20 games.
    There are only maybe 13 good teams in the league that can overmatch you easily and somehow the Rockets play all of them. What gives.
    Thunder, Pelicans, Blazers, Magic and maybe steal one from the Jazz. Those are the only teams that give you a chance at victory in those 20 games.
    Then it starts all over for the next 8 games.

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Might be a blessing if the end of the schedule is mostly weak teams (haven’t looked at schedule). Since we aren’t expected to even make playoffs, we can end the season with some momentum. Winning does more for growth than anything, imo.

19. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

#59 FLAGRANT1, Sep 1, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    Ankara1923 and Jontro like this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The schedule is going to tempt the FO to tank again. 20 games in an the play-in is going to look impossible so expect a lot of weird rotations the rest of the way.