1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/23 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dkamberi25, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Raz

Raz Member

On the right side he's been quite decent, solid game yesterday. But of course there's a high risk, it'll have to be a team effort and we'll need Upa and Coman to help him. Gonna have to win this on the offensive side anyways, scoring two or three goals at least.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm so bummed about that game. It's one thing to lose to you rivals. This game was Liverpool's season. They're about to be out of the CL and have no chance at any other trophies. Sneaking back into the top 4 and getting a win over United is the pinnacle of their season.

But to go down like that. Just a shameful display from United from top to bottom. From the way they played to the way they acted. As well as things had been going, this feels like it was all a sham. I don't think it is and I think Ten Hag will right the ship...but damn. They need to beat Real Betis on Thursday and need to curb stomp Southampton on Sunday. Anything else can lead to dark things because the schedule isn't incredibly easy. No teams at the top except @ Newcastle on 4/2 but good teams and ones United sometimes struggle with for no good reason (Brentford, Everton).

This needs to be just a blip and not something that sends them spiraling. I get it's been a lot of games (I believe they've played more games than anyone in European football to this point) and a lot of pressure lately and I think they just ran smack into a wall on Sunday. Just hope they can get up and get past it starting Thursday.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

lolololololol you were saying

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. Raz

Raz Member

Adieu les Bleus! Hope the cheating sheiks are fuming... go spend another billion, you still won't win Europe and you can't buy a champion's spirit.

Best defensive performance by Bayern in quite some time. Upa and de Ligt masterclass, Stanisic stood his ground. Haven't seen a lot of Mbappé and the alleged GOAT was practically invisible in both legs.

This could be our year again.

Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

8. Raz

Raz Member

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Someone was pouting.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

12. Raz

Raz Member

Can't be sad about a Leipzig defeat, but this refereing has become alarming. This guy should never call a CL match, not to speak of an elimination game.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

lol Haaland what an animal

still mad at Bayern for being asleep at the wheel when he was right under our nose in Salzburg

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. leroy

You're not kidding. The handball was a travesty...but not nearly as much as what should've been a red card for Ederson. He comes out of his goal and absolutely blows up Werner. Not only does the ref not call a foul, he gives Werner a yellow. Not sure how VAR doesn't go back to look at that. Ederson came no where near playing the ball. It should've been a straight red on that, which would've changed the game completely. I think it was 2-0 at that point. Had those been correctly called, who knows where the games goes but it doesn't go like it did.

Raz likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Meh, one game is no big deal - they look tired, more games this year than any other team in the prem.....they are getting there, still not deep enough but are getting there.

DD

17. Raz

Raz Member

Draw on Friday, 1200 CET.

Other than Real and Shity, we should be at least slightly favored in any matchup.

18. leroy

I don't know, man. Napoli might be my favorite right now.

19. Ernie The Giant Chicken

Same here. I follow Lazio in Serie A, but Napoli has been out of this world this season and see no reason it won't continue. As far as other clubs I watch since I said Lazio haha, also support Charlotte FC and Coventry City.

Raz likes this.
  20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Real is alright but they ain't real. Not right now.