1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/2023 mock Trade/Draft/Free agency thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, May 31, 2022.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Thing is Conley is still a starter for Minnesota, and still honestly a better overall player than KPJ when factoring in defense. He's not going to be a good mentor for you if you piss him off. Plus, once again (for the umpteen-millionth time), KPJ isn't a damn point guard, he's a shooting guard. He's not the guy you want setting up our young core.

theDude, snowconeman22 and RoyalGuard like this.
  2. PatBev

PatBev Member

Im not putting a 35 year old one year expiring rental over KPJ. KPJ needs to start under Ime and next to Jalen this year if no Harden or Henderson to see as if this is make or brake

Conley starting(or anybody other than Harden or Henderson) is stupid to me because Jalen, Jabari, and sengun will have to learn to play with another point guard after a year

We’ll be like the Panthers wasting other players careers chasing a new quarterback every year

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Running it back with KPJ as the point guard should be an absolute last resort option. I don’t understand why having him take on more of a 6th man utility and shooting role is a bad thing given his position versatility; there’s enough minutes. He has the ability to be a 6th man of the year candidate, but having him run the point is going to continue hurting the development of our other players. We need to have someone out there that makes it easier on our guys. Even though Harden is expensive and doesn’t really fit our time window, he can single-handedly unlock our offense and make Jalen, Jabari, and Sengun better. I think that’s a better option than keeping KPJ in the starting pg role.

Mathloom, saleem, OremLK and 2 others like this.
  4. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’m just saying Harden, Henderson, or run it back with KPJ till at least trade deadline

I expect KPJ to be 6th man if Harden comes back and try to take the starting position in a couple years when Harden ages out. Henderson a different story

I just don’t want to go chasing players close to 30 to start in the sake of just not having KPJ other than Harden. Guys who can grow together for years

5. Y2JT

Y2JT Member

I like it. I last posted about the possibility of acquiring both of Reaves and Johnson; adding Conley to that would be amazing.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

he could also make KPJ better

just like kpj shouldn’t be locked into starting pg role , I don’t think jalen or Jabari or sengun should be locked in either .

jalen green has been playing in a large role and with big minutes for a 20 ish win team in back to back seasons .

if we don’t seriously transition to actually caring about W’s then stone will be out a job and he knows it . Tilman will be even more hated and he knows it . The rockets will be even more irrelevant.

the nba is a huge cash cow . Tilmans rockets have prolly seen one of the worst ROI’s in the last 5 years.

We went from a team playing extra playoff games , getting National TV games , had superstars . To a joke . Bottom feeder . Paying guys 40 million not to play .

you can call in purposeful sucking . But it’s still sucking and there’s only so much fans can take .

the rockets may not have the time nor the ability to develop these young players .

saleem likes this.
  7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

How about something where:

Hou takes on Lowry for the #18

Then sends 18, 20, KJ Martin to Dallas for Bertans and #10.

Houston kicks the capspace can down one year and picks up #10 in the process.

Mathloom, xaos and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. Landry's Tooth

Just pointing out that Porter, Green, and Tate are about 1 million more in salary than Jaylen Brown.

They could move the 3 and a pick or two for Brown without impacting our cap space...

I then move for Harden, Grant Williams, and a rim protector to backup Sengun and a backup pg like Kendrick Nunn.

Add Victor with Jabari and things look pretty solid...

9. larsv8

My favorite part is when you traded the #3 for Brown and then also drafted Wemby.

BMoney and gfab-babyboi like this.
  10. Landry's Tooth

My favorite part is when i say the 3 after i name 3 players and you think i meant a pick they may or may not have.

It's especially funny because I also say they include a pick or two...

I think ultimately my favorite part is watching someone read without understanding the concept of context clues.

11. larsv8

Touche

Crow eaten

EDIT - it would be four, you need the extra million BOOM ROASTED

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Realistic FA offseason:

Jevon Carter 4yrs $28 mil
    James Harden 3yrs $105 mil
    Grant Williams 4yrs $72 mil

Y2JT and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  13. Landry's Tooth

Not bad... like Nunn better for a backup but solid. I think Grant Williams as a younger Tate who can shoot is an obvious fit.

I'm fine with moving people other than Sengun and Jabari. Jabari as a versatile defender is too valuable. Green and Porter are too inconsistent on offense and neither is a great defender... i value defense potential with Jabari and vision with Sengun...

14. Jags

Jags Member

Would rather spread out the ‘Harden’ money.

Cam Johnson 4yrs $100 mil
    Brook Lopez 3yrs $54 mil
    Naz Reid 4yrs $40 mil
    Patrick Beverly 3yrs $15 mil

peleincubus likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

How about Anfernee Simons to play PG for us? Portland has to make up its mind about whether it's upgrading or building for the future and I think we could help them acquire a great veteran. I like the fit of Simons working with Udoka to take his game to the next level.

Would be willing to trade an expiring contract and 3 first rounders in the 15-30 range for Simons. For example we could help Portland acquire Siakam who has championship experience and might make a nice pairing with Lillard (offensively kind of a Draymond/Curry thing). If Portland attaches another pick of their own and a couple of swaps to that, they could acquire someone really elite to pair with Lillard better than Siakam even. Maybe they can pry Beal away from Washington but the salaries would get complicated.

Another player I'd love to keep an eye on is Davion Mitchell. I don't know if they'll let go of him but we may be able to send them enough picks to allow them to get an upgrade on Huerter (since they finished 25th worst defense this season) - which is a bigger priority to them than backup PG. Mitchell I think has a great future at PG but is going to get stuck behind Fox. His offensive game was raw when he showed up but he's gradually improving and his defense has been great thus far for his age. Would love to have him for quality depth and seems like a very safe passer. Could we get him for two protected first rounders?

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Would you do this?

upload_2023-5-1_15-6-42.png

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Description below.

Stationary Shooter.

19. PatBev

PatBev Member

Harden/KPJ
    Green/Beverly
    Jabari/Tari
    Wemby/Wood
    Sengun/Dwight

Generational championship. Be like all 3 Spider-Man’s in one movie. Parsons as 11th man. Somebody call Josh Smith

20. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

Simons is not a point guard at all. He's almost the exact same player archetype as Jalen.

And Mitchell: 2 first round picks for a 6'0, 25 year old seventh man?? Patrick Beverley without a jump shot. Also not a point guard. Nobody is paying even 1 first round pick for any player his age who plays 18 mpg.