1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/2023 mock Trade/Draft/Free agency thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, May 31, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still want to trade EGo to 76ers for Thybulle + FRP.

Rockets would become elite defensively, even 2nd unit.

peleincubus likes this.
  2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Any interest?

jch1911 likes this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

wow.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Landry's Tooth

Here's my approach... Eason in RGV initially and then to bench around Christmas...

Start Martin the first few months. If he does ok but not awesome then we flip him for a pick... perhaps if KPJ struggles maybe someone like Coby White?

If Martin is awesome then we let it ride knowing he could build his trade value up further while Eason is being groomed...

Have Tate backup the both...

His athleticism, age, and 36% from deep is going shockingly under appreciated in my opinion...

5. Landry's Tooth

I like the move for both teams... Utah is going okc approach and Mitchell was never going to get that many picks like Gobert.

There is only one Timberwolves team... reminds me of when the Rangers overpaid Seager and then Correa couldn't get the same money... all it takes is one sucker for the bar to be set but 2 for you to get the same...

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Martin is a 4/5. Just very short.

He isn't a starter at the 3 - if we are investing significant time in developing a big guy to a SF then that time should be sunk into Smith and Eason.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

Time for Stone to start planning either now or this off season to make a big push for Lamelo. We will have both an exciting team for Lamelo to join and potentially the assets to make the trade.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lavar? :D

Fulgore, theDude, red5rocket and 2 others like this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not anymore. He will be playing for a big contract and we now have Tari Eason.

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

LaMelo ain’t going anywhere any time soon…y’all had that same excitement for 2 weeks with Doncic when there were alleged problems in Dallas

and if he did leave, Houston won’t be on his mind

also, Cam Reddish is pure ass

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sorry, only @tinman is qualified to rule on pureness.

12. xaos

xaos Member

I agree it's highly unlikely this season or even next but that doesn't mean Stone shouldn't show interest.

Corrosion likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope Stone clears some of the deadwood on this roster soon.

Waiting all this time just to cut the Mavs players would be disappointingly anticlimactic.

14. i3artow i3aller

15. xaos

xaos Member

Most intriguing prospect I've seen

luckyman76 and D-rock like this.
  16. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Lamelo and Green would be a hell of a backcourt

Instagram wise too

Mathloom, Jontro and red5rocket like this.
  17. Landry's Tooth

Then play Martin at 4 and Smith at 3. Is this positionless basketball or not?

All I hear about Martin is his athleticism but i guess he's too unathletic for the 3... got it..

Tate is a short 4 playing the 3 basically... little stretch...

Little Bit likes this.
  18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It is about creative ability.
    Tate played backup PG on occasion during his rookie season. He has decent vision. Decent ball handling and Decent passing ability. He is an NBA 3 because he has vision and ability to create for others.

Martin doesn't have that vision or other attributes- which is a shame. His role (thus far) in the NBA is basically as a midget 5 who can stretch defences. I wish that wasn't so, but it is. Suggesting he play the 3 is something we all WISH could be true, but (as yet) isn't. I can see why the development staff might look to the newer guys to see if they have e ability at the 3.

I am possibly the biggest fan of Smith on the BBS. I watched a LOT of college ball this season and am convinced Smith could potentially be an ELITE 3 in the NBA. But he has work to do - he needs to start out as a 4, and the sad truth of it is that he might get stuck there and never develop into what I see... But for 2022/23 even I don't see him as a 3

theDude likes this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

isn’t melo jordan’s only good draft since he took over ownership?

bluffkin likes this.
  20. ilias

ilias Member

EG + KMJ for Brook Lopez, George Hill and a top-5 protected FRP (likely 2029)

For the Rockets, we get the chance to acquire a FRP by combining EG and KMJ, and thus get some value out of EG before his contract expires. We would most likely cut Hill and look to trade Lopez for additional value.

The Bucks improve their starting lineup by upgrading from Allen to EG, while adding depth on the backup PF spot. KMJ would compete for minutes with Ingles, Beauchamp, Thanasis, Ibaka.