1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/2023 mock Trade/Draft/Free agency thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, May 31, 2022.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You only do something like this if you believe the Nets are going to be good after they trade Durant and Kyrie.

I don't think they get much of a return for either of them and that they will be lottery bound as a result of moving them and there's not a whole lot they can do about it. They are gonna get a nickel on the dollar for the talent ....

They haven't been able to move Kyrie for Westbrook ....

I'm hanging onto those picks .... I have no interest in helping them avoid being bad. As far as I'm concerned, the worse they are the better.

luckyman76 and saleem like this.
  2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

And to think this is all because they went along with this coddling Irving thing, Harden got sick of acting like Irving’s decision wasn’t at the expense of everyone else(obviously himself included), and that led to ALL of this. Crazy to see something blow up so epically like this

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Pacers should ask for 4 FRP for Hield and Turner.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I pretty much called this when they made their "big three" with Kyrie ..... that dude is just batshiit crazy.

Couldn't have happened to a better franchise ....

D-rock and luckyman76 like this.
  5. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I'd honestly send all the future Brooklyn picks we have back to them for Jaylen Brown if it was an option. Not sure they'd go for it, I think they want a player. But very worth it talent wise if we could, even if I don't think he's the most perfect fit here.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pacers don't want him anymore.

Would look good as a Rocket.

Still only 26.

TimDuncanDonaut, Aruba77 and jch1911 like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sign him to 2 way deal?

joshuaao, Rudyc281 and baller4life315 like this.
  8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

What’s the deal with this dude?

I haven’t seen him play this summer, but remember reading a few comments on Twitter basically saying he’s fallen off a cliff compared to last summer.

Joe Willie and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rudyc281 and saleem like this.
  10. Landry's Tooth

If i can get Bridges for 2 of the picks i do it.

Bridges is a lock down defender and good shooter. He would be devastating next to Jabari on defense.

Even with a couple of high lottery picks they could be busts while we know Bridges can play. I'd trade uncertainty to fill in our last hole.

Add Eason off the bench behind Jabari and Bridges and they would be set for a decade at forward. If Green and Sengun are legit then you have just PG and a max cap spot to use.

I think with Bridges next year they would be a 6-8 seed because of the dramatic improvement to the league worst defense.

That's the kind of progress you hope for...

11. Landry's Tooth

I never fault people for not wanting to inject something in their bodies. A lot of atheletes have been dropping dead this year out of the blue... mostly soccer players so we don't hear as much about it here...

There's virtually no reason a person in athletic shape under 40 needs it since it's not life threatening to them and it doesn't prevent spread.

12. Landry's Tooth

Pacers cleared cap room for Ayton offer sheet then suns matched.

I would move Gordon and the bucks pick for Turner. He would be a quality backup for Sengun in certain matchups. It also frees up backcourt minutes.

Resigning Turner might be the best free agent option in a year. It's not a good crop of free agents. They would have flexibility to walk away still...

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

That Buck pick is goin to suck. Maybe we can keep it and send KJ and Gordon instead for Turner. Kill two bird for one stone

D-rock likes this.
  14. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That’s a very politically charged comment and all I can say is I disagree strongly. There is virtually no evidence that a person in athletic shape under 40 is putting themselves in any danger from taking a vaccine and taking precautions does indeed prevent spread and more so NBA players have the ability to influence wide swaths is the people impacted most negatively by Covid…but back to sports - the bottom line with Kyrie is he only cares about himself as a very privileged person - not the fans, or for that matter the Indian or African Americans he likes to think he is a champion for, not the teammates he would like to think he works with. It’s about making sure Kyrie is taken care of first and everyone else second…and hey - that’s his prerogative. I’m not faulting him on that….I’m more frustrated by this pervasive attitude like he is a martyr for everyone else. That is the height of absurdity. You don’t want to get a shot - that’s fine but don’t sit there and tell us you are voice for oppressed dissenters everywhere when you are just being selfish.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Landry's Tooth

I think a lot of the distrust in the African American community goes back to Tuskegee.

Also, myocarditis is a known side effect of the vaccines in young people.

There are no longitudinal studies. If a disease is life threatening then what does it matter 20 years later?

If you're taking a vaccine with unknown side effects just so a cold won't be as bad i would call that poor risk assessment.

I'm pro vaccine for those at risk. It's illogical to vaccinate children fot example when there's only been a couple dozen heathy children out out millions who have died. It's a cure looking for a disease.

I'm vaccinated but see no need for young healthy people to be.

It's his body. He'll suffer the consequences. The vaccine is capable of ending careers. Look up kyle warner...

AXG, joshuaao and glimmertwins like this.
  16. kiwirocketsfan

Sharife Cooper got cut. Any interest?

D-rock likes this.
  17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I hear you - certainly understand the long standing impacts of Tuskegee and respect his right to choose. I just have a problem with him acting like his right to choose is not without consequence to others with less means or access than what he is afforded as a relatively privileged world famous athlete. It’s less about the problem of Covid in a vacuum being untreatable - few with access are going to die from it(mostly they died from the comorbidities) but for those in areas with limited access and/or limited resources it has been either very deadly or at least burdensome financially to people who didn’t have much to spare in the first place…but again, not trying to dive into politics. I just got a problem with Kyrie acting like him and the rest of America play by the same set of rules because in this case it’s irresponsible at best and actually dangerous at worst…but hey - the guy thinks the earth is flat so clearly he is so anxious to prove people wrong that he won’t let silly things like logic and facts get in the way.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Landry's Tooth

It's fair to say he handled it poorly from a drama queen standpoint....

The flat earth thing is nuts...

glimmertwins likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Little Bit and D-rock like this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

He has Yao like foot issues and he will demand max money to re-sign. No reason for Rockets to take that chance and ruin the tank this year. Stone has pretty much said he is reserving his money for next year and we are not one player away from competing. Turner is a fine player and if we were one player away I would advocate for him. No way we are trading for a game changer this year, unless by some miracle we are a 4-5 seed by the all-star break.