1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/2023 mock Trade/Draft/Free agency thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, May 31, 2022.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

#2721 DeBeards, Jun 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
  2. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Oh even better for Philly, I just read moving Tobi would create a massive trade exception that can (or not) be used on whomever. So not only will they be below the tax, they'll have the massive exception to go over it (I think thats how it works).

3. Landry's Tooth

[/QUOTE]

Before you finish reading that, Eric Gordon has agreed to nonguaranteed 3 year deal in Philly.

4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Before you smash the Reply button, another Rockets HOF Trevor Ariza has agreed to a one year veteran minimum contract with Philly.

BamBam and Landry's Tooth like this.
  5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If Lopez falls through, a good backup center target could be Miles Plumlee.

mikol13, Rudyc281, RudyTBag and 5 others like this.
  7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Wow... shock horror.

Dude will be waiting around for all the teams to miss out on who they really want, and then convince themselves that maybe he might work out for them (he won't)

Rudyc281 and kspires999 like this.
  8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think you mean his brother Mason and yes I agree 100%

9. mightybosstone

Looking at the veteran point guard depth in this free agency class, and it's not nearly as thin as I originally thought. I'm still on board the FVV train, but if it's not him, I'd actually be OK with them bringing back Schroeder or Pat Bev to start. And I'm a Jevon Carter fan as well.

I know they're looking for guys who will help them win a lot more games, but a strong defensive 3 and D PG who can bring leadership and start until Amen is ready is really the greater need. There are guys who can accomplish that and still save them money for other needs like defenders at the wing and big spots.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. JohnWoo713

JohnWoo713 Member

Monte Morris is #1 for me but Delon Wright, TJ McConnell, Mike Conley, Kris Dunn?

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KJ Martin traded today??? :)

Rudyc281 and Aruba77 like this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

really hoping so; it’s time. It’s time to move Christopher as well. You can’t develop 3 young shooting guards at the same time. Stone needs to come through here and get a return on those assets.

RudyTBag and Rudyc281 like this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Probably waiting to secure FA before he trades people

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

Not necessarily advocating for this, as I still think PG vet is still main priority. Maybe center as 2nd tier priority.

But if Rockets is getting a guard wing, like Dillion.... I hear Eric Gordon is available. 37% 3pt career shooting.

*runs away*

saleem likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Your priorities are right.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As long as they are only going two years on a contract, age doesn’t really matter to me. All of those guys would be fine. I really think we should be targeting younger players that can produce serviceably long-term in case the draft picks don’t develop according to plan. I realize Stone wants to have confidence in his picks, but if you go two years on an old guy and Amen hasn’t progressed in two years, we are going through this all over again, which is wasting other players time.

Sign a good player that you can trade when Amen is ready, or keep in case he never gets there. In two years, if Amen is ready, but our FA is also doing a great job, you have to make a tough decision. Stone is just avoiding making the tough decision by going old with short contracts.

#2737 theDude, Jun 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We drafted 2 guards , we already had young guards , we need to bring in legit veteran competition/ leadership / guidance for these guys.

Do we have roster space for that ?

IF we bring in only 1 guy ... damn they better stay healthy.

Just like we NEEDED to fire Silas regardless of his coaching skills .

Some of these young dudes need to be on the chopping block , regardless of if its fair or if they need more time .

9 first rounders over the last 3 years. Plus a few undrafted guys . The rest of the league picks up scrubs and a few of them break out . We had Garrison matthews actually play hard for us and sacrifice his body because he was trying to make it. All these young guys know the organization invested in them and they are safe. - you could argue its even worse ... guys like JC didnt get much of a chance ( from what weve seen ) ... sengun had to fight for minutes other guys did not. We let these puppies play with no set of rules for everyone .

probably the rumored consolidation trade with JC / garuba / KMJ happens ... and we wont be happy at the return. but its needed to thin out the roster. Th

then we will bring in 2-3 vets . hopefully theyve still got it.

Then everyone has an equal competition for roles

between those guys , kpj , and tate you have a group that has at least proven they can play in the league and understand how to compete. Then you sprinkle in the young guys and hope they step up their game . I'm so worried about Bari's shot and Green's game .

As for stone , you better rock it buddy. If we dont get 12+ games improvement you are a failure and should be gone. The bar should be even higher. Should be 40 + .

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Feels like just ticking off boxes to satisfy the Phase 2 needs announced by those Fertittas.

Okay, we have 60 milion, we give that money to couple decent players and that is all.

Amazon shopping cart is full.

theDude and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Help teams that are in Lux tax trouble.

Clippers still need to get bailed out .

Norm powell or Rob Covington or marcus morris .

All 3 pretty good shooters.

Im sure there are other teams that need relief.

With our big Cap we should be able to sign a good FA or 2 AND take on a player .

Then do a consolidation trade.

Im guessing 4 new pieces in the next week or so here .