1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/2023 mock Trade/Draft/Free agency thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, May 31, 2022.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

“I will splash the pot whenever the f#ck I want” (fake Russian accent).

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

I wonder if Jarrett Allen is our backup plan for Brook Lopez.

matchesmalone and Rudyc281 like this.
  3. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

4. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

After the John Collins salary dump trade. Here's what I'd do..

.. I'd call Papa Morey and see if he wants to get rid of Tobi and Melton this year, to help free up the big money to resign Harden.

This does a few things for us.

Melton I think is in the middle ground between Tyus Jones and Monte Morris in terms of a player. He could even start to begin the season. But what he is, is a guy that can steady a ship until Amen is "ready" (whatever that means).

Tobias fits what the rumors out there say. Looking for a vet with playoff experience.

If we move Tate in this hypothetical trade, then we would still have enough money to make a serious run at Lopez (again according to rumors - im personally still on the fence).

Fit wise, this also moves Tari to the 3 (his kore natural position) and Tobi helps Bari in his second year.

The most important thing for us however. Is moving that cap space, to next year, where the FA class should be a lot deeper, and it stops us from spending long term money on FVV or Dillon Brooks.

For Philly, they can shore up the big money for Harden. And still have around 15m to throw at a guy like Harrison Barnes, and will have whatever players they get froma Houston trafe (Tate/KJ) and can look at someone like PatBev to fill Meltons role on the bench, who already made noise about playing with Harden here, a couple months ago.

I'd be pretty happy if we walked away with Tobias Harris, Melton and Lopez knowing that 40m will be off the books next year AND we didn't have to sign Dillon Brooks (who even before everything hit the fan in Memphis, was my least favourite player in the league).

Y2JT, rhee, ilias and 2 others like this.
  5. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

If the Cavs are stupid enough to trade Allen, we better be stupid enough to take him off their hands. In other words, I doubt we have any shot at Allen unless we trade real assets other than KMJ - and I would trade real assets as it would significantly accelerate the Rockets rebuild.

rhee and DrNuegebauer like this.
  6. Aruba77

I figured it out. We are trading KJ for Robin Lopez to help entice Brook Lopez to leave a good team for a sh#tty team. Ahh? Ahh? ;)

Rudyc281 and kpdark like this.
  7. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

For what Allen does… rim running defensive force, he is probably the best value in the NBA as he starts a 4 year extension at $20m per this year. I would trade KMJ and a future first without blinking.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

They would be asking for significantly more....

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

wtf difference does it make what the other side’s reason is for wanting porter’s scrub ass? i only asked which star you’d want in return on our side

ok stay away from me if you feel triggered now. i don’t want to interrupt your playtime w/ kpj action figure w/ taco accessory :D

10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think this gives them cap flexibility for adding Lillard. They need Lowry's salary to trade for Lillard. This makes more sense to me if they miss out on Lillard. With Oladipo opting in, they are over $180M before they try to re-sign Vincent or Strus. They will be pretty much forced into taking a deal like this, stretching Lowry, or cutting him. Cutting him would keep them over the tax and be very expensive.

11. kpdark

kpdark Member

am liking that kind of enticement :D:D

12. Aruba77

he can’t resist both the money and the brotherly love ;)

#2672 Aruba77, Jun 27, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
    kpdark likes this.
  13. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2023-6-27_18-55-52.jpeg

Rudyc281 and DeBeards like this.
  14. sirjesse

Supporting Member

@Aruba77 sounded pretty authentic to me.

Aruba77 likes this.
  15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I think they do not want to trade him as well. They like him, hard worker and committed to the team. However, we are know he does act up if not GM Stone would not give him that crazy contract. Look up KPJ contract, there are so many crazy incentives in the contract….it’s embarrassing. They do not trust him. If he act right this year, he can be a force on the bench with Amen and Tari. I hope…

16. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I thought in his contract, the first year is optional, the 2nd and 3rd are guaranteed….but they have a option to cut him the first year and lose no money but they have to do this this year. However, this is a crazy contract. They like KPJ and you are right it is very team friendly.

17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

sirjesse likes this.
  18. sirjesse

Supporting Member

upload_2023-6-27_20-42-39.png

DeBeards likes this.
  19. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We need a interior defender. If we do not get Lopez we are going after Jakob Poeltl. I heard Cleveland would trade Jarrett Allen but they would want two or three player for him. They need a better SF and a bench. They are comfortable with Mobley playing Center but they need a true 3 and D and bench scoring. For Jarrett Allen, I would give them KJ, Tate and maybe Tari or a FRP. They need picks and more scoring on their team.

20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

sirjesse likes this.