1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

2021 Trade Targets?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by htownbball, May 18, 2021.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

That man is looking for a contract and will say anything

2. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

He wouldn’t be a terrible addition to the front of their rotation, although I don’t expect his price to be reasonable.

Nook and punkoholic like this.
  3. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

I think I saw an article that said probably $100 million range. Not sure how many years.

4. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

~$90M/5yr is what I would ballpark as a “good” deal for both, so $100M would be ok if it’s for 5+ years. I was thinking he’d end up in the $120-140M range. He had a good year, he’s only 30, and doesn’t carry a QO. He compares pretty favorably to McCullers.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I would still love Stroman on this team. He's a gamer, and carries that same LMJ energy on the mound. It would be awesome to have those two guys lead our rotation next year.

cmoak1982 and Nook like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

McCullers is a very good comparison.

Stroman has more of a track record of success, but he is older and doesn't quite have the upside that McCullers has.

I would likely give him 5/100... there is a real risk but with an offense like the Astros have, he can win a lot of games.... he isn't an ace, but the options are limited. In hindsight I am sure they wish they had just coughed up a little more and signed Wheeler.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Ehh... Wheeler was obviously going to get PAID. He was the most "Cole like" pitcher available after Cole signed. Everyone wanted the next closest thing to Cole. Considering where the Astros were payroll wise I thought it was a near zero chance they could land Wheeler. It's hard to pony up 120 plus million for a guy with a 3.96 ERA and 103 ERA+ the season he hits free agency...

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

9. HeyBudLetsParty

Was not super impressed at the trade deadline considering it seemed like every contender picked up a difference making bat or starter. That being said, Click is looking really really smart with his moves. Straw and Toro both may become above average players but were not going to even get at bats in this lineup when it matters in the playoffs. Graveman and Maton have been crucial in this playoff run and we held on to prospects that we’ll probably need if we wanna continue this level of success.