1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 Trade Targets?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by htownbball, May 18, 2021.

1. Houston_Rockets

We need to be all over this RIGHT NOW. His current injury is irrelevant since he will be available come playoff time. We offered Correa 5 years 125M and he said it was not close. Bruxton declined 7 years 80M. We need to agree to a trade pending a contract extension and try to lock this man down on the 5 year 70 too 100M range (+ incentives), and just watch this guy be one of the best contracts in the game.

People will talk about injuries, instead of looking for the fact that Buxton hasn't injured the same body part for the most part, meaning its not a chronic injury type problem. In the beginning, most of his injuries were because he was going at full speed into centerfield walls to make insane catches. That wont happen because our pitching wont allow that to happen most of the time, and more importantly guys will tell them to not to go crazy, and have just a little regard for his safety because we are winning 10-0 in the game lol. The last 2 major injuries have been HBP ones, so again, just unlucky. I wont deny, that his body might be a light more fragile then most, but as of right now he has played 50% of the games he could have, which is HORRIBLE, but that will not happen in his 2nd part of his career, and that is a guarantee, if he is surrounded with player talent, and organisation planning like we have.

The numbers this dude has put up since 2019, when he is on the field are "best player in the game" type numbers. I know the injuries scare you on paper and his PA at this level are still limited, but I am telling you, if you are willing to offer 125M on a guy with back issues that most likely will never go away and always influence his play, trying to lock a prototypical number 1 batter, put insane speed on bases with an even more insane protection behind him, making your offense that much better, while having the best (one of) defensive center fielder in the game, with a bargain contract with multiple PA appearances incentives should be a nobrainer.

And no, I was not against trying to extend Correa, guy is a beast defensively, and more important, he is a legit leader on the field. And yes we have bigger needs on the pitching department, I just think this might be our long term Springer replacement, similar to better player, lower contract and younger. It also helps that I really like our young SP arms going forward. Bullpen is indeed a problem, but to be honest I think that most teams on the Show have bullpen problems.

Damm wrote too much :eek:

#721 Houston_Rockets, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    vince, Marteen and Kim like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Eckstein ended up being Vina with playoff success…

3. Buck Turgidson

Eckstein is too gritty to be a pissant.

4. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

I remember Eckstein having a super awkward throw

5. Buck Turgidson

He had to, his arm was a wet noodle from SS

Eckstein is on the gritty list (literally, below), the only 2 gritty pissants in modern history were Pete Rose and Lenny Dykstra, though I'll admit there's a lot of overlap

1) Scrappy
    2) High motor
    3) Gamer
    4) Sneaky athletic
    5) Gritty
    6) Winner
    7) High ___ IQ
    8) Good fundamentals
    9) Plays the game the right way
    10) Lunch pail guy
    11) Heady and/or cerebral
    12) Deceptive speed
    13) Gym rat
    14) Intangibles
    15) Gets the most out of his abilities
    16) Has a lot of heart
    17) Grinder
    18) Out-hustles
    19) Someone you’d love your daughter to date
    20) David Eckstein
    21) Wes Welker type
    22) Coach's son
    23) Faster than he appears

from Awful Announcing

6. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

wouldn’t want to trade Leon for anyone unless it was part of a massive controllable package

vince, cmoak1982 and raining threes like this.
  7. HTown2017Champs

If it was a straight-up trade for Scherzer + 3 yr extension, I would. TBH I'd rather trade him than Korey Lee because catchers like that are much harder to find, and it'll be nice to no longer have the C spot be a hole in the lineup. Using Dusty's words, "We'll see." Could have tweaked something when stealing 2nd base the previous inning.

astros123, King1, texans1095 and 5 others like this.
  8. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

That Michael Schwab guy replied and said not a trade.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The gritty list is code for white.

mikol13, Buck Turgidson and Nick like this.
  10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Such a great show. That and Arrested Development were ahead of its time, not appreciated in the moment as much.

11. Buck Turgidson

Of course it is.

My brother an I were talking about The League last week on our fishing trip, pulled up a few clips on youtube. I decided I need to rewatch that show, it's awesome and it's been too long.

mikol13 likes this.
  12. vince

vince Member

Yeah, I think Astros are trying to get something done. They have as good a chance to win a title this year as anybody else. Getting another World Series title would quiet all of the snickering about the 2017 title.

I think getting the title this year is a motivating factor for striking while the iron is hot. Internally they probably know how they stack up against the Dodgers, Giants, Red Sox, White Sox, and Tampa Bay.

Astros might need some tweaking to better their odds against the best of the best, and I think they are turning every stone they can to maximize their odds.

But I think that’s why Click is talking. Maybe a lot of teams think that the Astros aren’t kicking around what’s available with seriousness, since they’ve been a powerhouse this season.

13. CinematicFusion

Where do you think Mad Max will end up? No way he is not traded. Everyone and their mother have inquired about him. Dodgers, Giants, Mets, Rays, Yankees, Astros.

He would be a difference maker on any team.

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

First one there last to leave

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Winning will only intensify the hatred.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  16. edwardc

edwardc Member

Yeah move him over and just keep YA in left field and move brantley to Right.

17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

1. Max Add
    2. Kimbrel Add
    3. Correa Ext
    4. Trout Add
    5. Bregman Back

I bet we'd still have people fussing about the move NOT made.

18. Bregatron

Bregatron Member

Especially if it is against the Yankees and/or Dodgers along the way. But say we beat teams like the White Sox, Rays and Padres or Giants, I don't think it will be as loud. The Yankees and Dodgers fans/media will be looking into how the other teams that beat them cheated, though they may circle it back to the Astros somehow.

19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

They will find a way.

body slam likes this.
  20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Where the hell is Buxton? Cheap Craine…

Marshall Bryant likes this.