1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

This pick is like Jimmy G with the Pats. If u develop him and he turns into your QB or a traceable asset, it is a win for the Texans.

texans1095 and deb4rockets like this.
  2. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I like Nico and hopefully he'll be able to separate in the pros, or use his jump ball skills to bully smaller corners but trying to say it's only one 4th and one 5th is just absurd!

We gave up our 4th tomorrow, that's ONE 4th.
    We gave up a 5th tomorrow, that's one 5th.
    AND we gave up a 4th next year, that's ANOTHER 4th, or TWO.
    So just like I said the 3rd rounder cost us TWO 4th's and a 5th!

I think it would have been more palatable if we had gotten their 5th next year to offset our 4th next year (our SECOND 4th!).
    But what the hey, I guess if I compare it to the trade deficits our previous gm saddled us with this seems like King Solomon to me! (or at least that guy from pawn stars)

charlieaustin and Two Sandwiches like this.
  3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

The texans move up 20 spots, from the 109 to 89, then to move up they had to give up something thats 5th that is 147, and next year a 4th,
    yuo could say we gain a 3rd round for a 4th round, jumping 20 spots in a draft a big jump, so you have to give something more than a 5th so they gave a 4th next year, the 3rd round for a 4th round, is actually a swap, you are not giving that.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Dude....u swapped your 4th for a 3rd by giving up a 4th and a 5th. You never get to keep the pick you are swapping. It is 2 picks.

5. Buck Turgidson

Or is it like Dave Ragone with the Texans?

Fulgore and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. H.D.

H.D. Member

He does not have a "big, strong arm" you c*m-addled trailer-trash. I watch some insightful videos on him on YT, He's also not that intelligent. By the way, he's had private coaches since middle school. Screams "p***y."

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently you are illiterate along with ignorant, you racist gutter rat.
    People like you don’t deserve to have an opinion. You aren’t smarter than the many scouts that list “big arm” in their scouting report.
    Sorry he’s not the right color for you, work on yourself before letting people know how bad of a person you are.

8. H.D.

H.D. Member

Hah- I got both positions right (QB and WR). Opposite of what I hoped but knew they would.

#608 H.D., May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Imagine someone graduating from Stanford being dumb.
    The ignorance of some is just too much.

10. H.D.

H.D. Member

Klansman, it would be a dream to bump into you in a dark alley.

Ask your sister to read the big words to you, about arm angles and trajectories, and remind you those are not about power.

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lmao, ok kid.
    Take your racist schtick somewhere else. Too dumb to know how dumb you are.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Don’t care either but this is the trend on players they draft going forward.

13. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Why does this even come up? In that BSPN clip where they talk about him being underrated and maybe one of if not the best QBs in this draft, I’m pretty sure they never mentioned he’s a preacher? If those guys are right, it’s a great pick.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

We don’t know…

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I was a Jags, Jets, or 49ers fan I'd have a lot to be excited about. I'm not disappointed in our picks, just disappointed that we didn't even get a pick until so late in the draft. I was so excited when we fired Bill, and signed Watson for the future. To think how quickly all that changed. Thanks for nothing Watson. You screwed us over.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still higher on the Texans future now than I was the day before BOB was fired.

Sure Watson getting exposed for what he is sucks and could potentially be a major setback, but having a competent FO again and the possibility of a competent coaching staff more than makes up for that in the long term.

deb4rockets and cmoak1982 like this.
  17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That wasn't Watson - that was Clueless Cal and Jack "Preacher" Easterby who screwed you over. Not holding my breath either to watch Coach "Pom Poms" pretend to be a real NFL head coach.

charlieaustin likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nonsense, Watson is the reason "his guy" BOB was able to gain so much power in the organization and it was BOB's moves that depleted the team of talent.

On top of that, it's Watson who demanded a trade after being given everything he ever asked for while sexually assaulting women multiple times per week.

Watson being a scumbag himself while constantly standing up for the football aids that is Bill Obrien is the reason for the current state of the team.

If Watson was a better person the Texans would be better off.

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Actually we keep 147 today, we gave up 158 so that's something.
    I know we had to give up some value but in this day and age picks are more valuable, even day 3 picks, hence the pick swap type deals that Belichik started.
    We traded 3 draft picks for 1.
    That's 2 less chances to add to add cheap labor to our roster.
    Like I said earlier if we had received Car's 5th or even 6th next year to offset our 4th then we would be trading 3 picks for 2, resulting in only a 1 pick deficit.

I didn't like at least 1 part of Casrio's justification in his press conference.
    He said that we still have 7 picks left next year.
    Well Nick if we had 12 picks next year would you then have been ok giving up 4 or 5 picks in the trade instead of 3?

The value is not overly egregious but the pick total is a bit much for a team with the worst roster in the league talent-wise.
    But hey, if Collins turns out to be a pro bowl type player we won't remember the extra picks that much.

20. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Darn Michael Carter off the board.
    The two North Carolina backs were my favorites in the draft.
    Carter is a very good player!
    Wish he made it to the 5th.