1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2021 NFL Draft] 3rd Rd Texans Select Nico Collins Wr Michigan

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Kenyon Green for Kyle Hamilton

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Yea, I’m at the point where imma be excited no matter what. It’s beyond awesome to be relevant finally. I’m so excited with this team. The fanbase deserves it.

cmoak1982 and Verbal Christ like this.
  3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Playmakers, difference makers and more playmakers/difference makers. Can be offense or defense, we just need more guys making plays. I would be about OL, but believe next season we should have enough healthy dudes to solidify our line and have solid back-ups, may need a swing OT, but interior should be solid with some competition for playing time.

First round talent looks to be mainly at QB, WR, OL, DB and maybe Edge. Some of this will change/shift as we go through the Draft process.

In any case, we have some foundational pieces locked up next year QB, WR1, WR2, LT, RT, OC, RG, Edge1, OLB2, CB1, and S2. If my assessment is accurate, we just need on Offense...

- LG to sort out
    - Sign Dalton Schultz and add another rookie TE
    - Add another good WR or 2
    - Sign Motor and add a rookie RB with potential

On Defense we seem to have more holes to fill with all of the FAs. DL/LB/DB areas all need draftees and FAs.

Even after laying it out that way, I'm still all about drafting playmakers/difference makers, no matter the position. I'd even be for drafting a rookie QB in later rounds if a gem pops up. I'd likely try to trade Mills in the offseason and see if I can get a 4th or 5th rd pick for him. I'd also see if I could get a 5th or 6th rd pick for Pierce. Time to jettison players that don't fit and maybe have some value.

ROXRAN and raining threes like this.
  4. CrazyJoeDavola

LG and RT are definitely upgradeable

5. Qan

Qan Member

Texans already have a RT that's good when he plays there....and they just extended him. He'll be back next year.

6. CrazyJoeDavola

Howard is slightly above average at RT. If he was better he would have been playing there vs LG.

His contract was a mistake due to lack of options. I agree the contract is probably going to prevent the Texans from replacing him though unless a good RT falls to us.

raining threes likes this.
  7. raining threes

If healthy the upgrades are already on the roster. Unfortunately they're on IR. You dont like Juice at LG? I think for a young guy he's done a very solid job after coming back from injury. You could say the same thing about Patterson in the time he played. The Green's are quality depth. Kenyon may be even better than quality depth. Or are you one of the posters that thought Stingley was a bust because he got injured and missed 1/2 a season.

8. raining threes

This is how I see things too.

Need to add a swing OT and bring Andy Dalton home.

Shark44 likes this.
  9. CrazyJoeDavola

The jury is out on Scruggs and Patterson. They were both inconsistent as most rookies are. Scruggs is a C and his only playing LG because Deiter can only play C. I am confident though that between Juice or Patterson that they can fill the C spot? Deiter is depth only. He may not even make team next year if all healthy.

We hope Kenyon is serviceable depth, hes shown no quality. He is 99% a bust. The odds are against him coming back and earning his 1st round price tag. If Caserio is depending on him to solidify LG next year, he should be fired. If you can upgrade LG in draft or FA, go for it.

10. raining threes

I think Juice is doing a fine job at LG, particularly for the amount of experience he has playing the position. Patterson who Ryans loves and Juice solidify the IOL. Green will be fine.

You didn't answer if you thought Stingley was a bust? You would think after Stingley posters would be willing to give Green the benefit of the doubt and see how he does when he comes back healthy. But I guess not, guess what, if Caserio was to draft a LG it's likely the pick won't be as good as the guys already on the roster.

houstonstime likes this.
  11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

And they shouldn't count on Shaq Mason aging gracefully - RG needs attentions, too.

12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Juice played two years at guard before moving to center. He was slotted in at Center before the injury bug hit the OL and him moving to guard was the better option. By the time we get to training camp, there's no telling where he will be best utilized. But it's not because HE is weak at any of them.

raining threes likes this.
  13. raining threes

Ryans said he really like the job Patterson was doing at C before he got hurt.

14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

If Patterson is best utilized at C and you lose less moving Juice to Guard, by all means do it. As we've seen this year, positions don't stay fixed for long, so versatility becomes a strength. Even with a healthy line up, you want rotational depth as well.

15. raining threes

You mean guys like the Green's?

16. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

This is an incomplete list missing Fant, Deiter, Eiselson and perhaps others.

LT Tunsil 27 - LG Scruggs 27 - C Patterson 27 - RG Mason 27 - RT Howard 27

LT Jonesl 24 - LG Ky Green 27 - C Dieter ? - RG Broeker 27 - RT Fant ?

LT Ziererl 25 - LG Kd Green 25 - C Eiselson ? - RG Scsife 24 - RT Heck 24

C Sutherland 24

17. raining threes

Juice has played OG in college and the NFL more than he's played Center. The fact that Ryans said he likes Patterson at Center probably means Juice will be playing LG. I do think Caserio should draft a swing developmental OT.

What you're saying about Green is the same things that were being said about Collins going into year three. You would think people would realize for several different reasons that it takes some guys longer to develop than others..

red5rocket, cbass and Sooty like this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I just saw Steve Smith on NFLNetwork say Andre Johnson has been working with Nico all season. Idk if it’s been mentioned but that’s so awesome. Nico putting in work to get better and Legend AJ taking the time out to help. I’m sure JJ has done the same with the DE.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Dre should be on the staff.

Rudyc281 and JayGoogle like this.