1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 NBA Preseason Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Oct 2, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lololol it was all a sarcasm, i could never be in favor of tanking(not even for one year) , i was just arguing anti tank by method of reductio ad absurdum , and of course anyone team can win it any given year , tanking is a fools gold and surprising winners are happening more often than people think as you have beautifully demonstrated and reminded us, thank you!
    [​IMG]

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

#122 J.R., Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  3. vator

vator Contributing Member

File this under “it’s way to soon to make any definitive judgment” but Toronto Raptor fans seem more and more confident and happy after each preseason game that their GM drafted the right player going Barnes over Suggs.

BallaDoc and DreamShook like this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

barnes, I thought, had the highest ceiling in the draft . I love that kid and if we coulda traded back to 5 and 8 and grab him .. that’s kinda what I wanted to do leading up to the draft . Anyways , dudes with that altheticism , size , and effort on D are rare to come by . He has a good handle too . His weakness is glaring , but man ... upside is just off the chart

BallaDoc likes this.
  5. vator

I mentioned a couple of times that I was willing to trade 2 to Orlando for 5 and 8 and get Barnes and maybe Bouknight. Of course that’s when I assumed the top 4 was locked in. Lots of guys to pick from at 8. Suggs has looked bad every game I’ve watched. Very ordinary whereas Barnes has really flashed a lot of potential on both sides of the ball. Toronto fans love him already.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Can someone explain why Suggs hasn't played well in preseason? are they letting him run as PG or are they trying to force him to play 2 with Cole Anthony?

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Can’t judge Suggs too harshly yet imo , after all ... he’s playing for ORL

vator likes this.
  8. vator

When I’ve watched, they’ve been staggering their minutes a lot. He just hasn’t been able to take advantage of his matchups. He’s shot horribly and isn’t really getting by his man and when he does he doesn’t seem to be making the right play whether it be finishing or finding a teammate for an assist opportunity. Honestly, he’s just been looking like a backup pg.

DreamShook likes this.
  9. i3artow i3aller

It's wild how insanely selfish and delusional Qyrie is.

vator likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i hope it continues

11. vator

I just went over to the Orlando board to see what they were saying. They’re scared. Several have said that his handle is super shaky and he’s getting stripped a lot. That he doesn’t even look confident bringing the ball up the court sometimes. That’s probably one of the worst things you can say about your franchise pg. Unless you have Russell Westbrook freak explosion and first step, dribbling is very important. Even more so when you can’t shoot.

Toronto fans said he had 2 very bad workout before the draft and that went into the decision to go Barnes

pippendagimp and DreamShook like this.
  12. i3artow i3aller

13. TimDuncanDonaut

Mobley is playing well. Double double. Did a nice lob for his teammate. Cle might get this one over the Bulls.

Tacko and Mobley; twin towers. :D

Bulls have no answer for Tacko and his height.

#133 TimDuncanDonaut, Oct 10, 2021
    BallaDoc and vator like this.
  14. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Mobley looking real good.

BallaDoc and vator like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Evan Mobley with 15 points, 10 boards, 4 assists, 3 blocks, and 2 steals on 7-13 shooting

vociferous Mobley haters on hush mouth for the evening

hakeem94 and vator like this.
  16. i3artow i3aller

17. HardenVolumeOne

Westbrick is gonna be the lakers downfall. The fact that he is making too much money to bench doesn’t help

vator likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Russ is so bad I’d honestly rather have Schroder…his skill level declines each season, the efficiency will always be trash, and the bonehead plays will always be there

if Bron wins a title with this dude…

MJ who?

19. vator

Mobley low key really started showing some flashes last game. Barring injury there is no way he is going to be a bust. Honestly just a matter of will he be good or great. I don’t doubt he will grow into his body and get bigger and stronger. If he has the mentality to dominate he’s going to be a force. So many different skills on display in these 2 videos and he’s stuffing the stat sheet.

#139 vator, Oct 10, 2021
    ilias and i3artow i3aller like this.
  20. vator

For real. Not just Westbrook though. You have Melo and Dwight Howard too. You’re talking 3 of the most self unaware players in the NBA. Westbrook and Melo still see themselves as superstar offensive players. I’m interested to see how LeBron makes this work

hakeem94, Reeko and HardenVolumeOne like this.