1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 NBA Finals: Phoenix Suns vs. Milwaukee Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2021.

?

Suns vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jul 7, 2021.
  1. Suns in 4

5.0%
  2. Suns in 5

12.5%
  3. Suns in 6

41.3%
  4. Suns in 7

15.0%
  5. Bucks in 7

11.3%
  6. Bucks in 6

11.3%
  7. Bucks in 5

2.5%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. HP3

HP3 Member

Well...that is a question neither of us can really answer.

They literally won two playoff games without him. Even last year, they won one game against Miami without him. And its not just striaght drives he's getting those points either, its those putbacks, and jumpshots(which is unsustainable imo) and rolls on the pick. I

That's really a...weird way of.....idk. I just think that Ayton is doing a good enough job on him, its Jrue and Khris they shouls really worry about.

See THAT....i might agree with....except for the Hawks.

2. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Giannis has been hitting an absurd amount of contested midrange shots these past couple games.

Not much else Ayton can do with that honestly. Just have to tip your cap to Giannis.

hakeem94, ilias and HP3 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Tucker can handle Portis, Giaanis or Lopez, so could Luc if he was healthy. The KD warriors would tear this team to shreds, are you crazy. KD almost beat them this year lol with a worse team with Kyrie and Harden and Joe Harris forgetting how to shoot.

PiPdAdY33 likes this.
  4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Bucks in 6. CP3 chokes again. I see Tuck hitting some big 3's and Middleton going off.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Looks like Phoenix really misses their backup center, since he went down they have faded.

DD

6. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Saric? You got to be kidding.

7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Don't be an irrational fanboy. The Rockets win on Harden and CP3 creating the offense especially Harden but even that might not be enough. Tucker is an enforcer but against those guys he'd be washed up. The Bucks honestly come across like the prime Warriors of the East. They make you feel like you got the game in the bag in the 1st quarter or first half but come back to destroy in the same fashion as the Warriors do to the Rockets. They did this to the Hawks and now Suns. They toy with the opponents then take things to another level.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah but that's always a argument people go to. Nets won games without Harden, didn't mean they didn't need him. They just happened to band together and win without him. Bucks would be lucky yo be an 8th seed without Giannis.

I guess that's my point, 60% is way too high for any player, someone just put up a stat that he's the first ever to put up 30/60 over 5 games? Yeah...you never want to be the team that someone does the first-ever anything against. If the Nets with Blake Griffin can make things difficult than the Suns have to find a way to do so too.

The reason he's doing that is because he has confidence that he can make that shot now.

I know people think "Just stop the other guys and you'll be fine..." but I think teams lose at this level because they cut off the head of the snake. They, as a team, and it's going to start with Ayton, have to force Giannis into a bad shooting night or they will simply lose this series.

When you're talking about losing series this late in the playoffs it usually comes down to the star player not playing up to their expectations. I remember back when the Celtics played a box and 1 on Kobe years back and just ruined his whole **** and thus the Lakers. It's a mind game kind of thing. It's like what Belicheat said about his main strat usually is to take whatever a team is comfortable away. If you rely on your running game, take that away...

Thing is, if the Bucks get down or need a bucket, they know Giannis is that constant. The Suns know this too, most of their defensive adjustments have been efforts in slowing him down.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Im not being irrational, you are. Why? Tucker wasnt washed up against KD. Lmao. Tucker is great at defending bigs man. Lopez isnt that good, neiter is Portis and he's been historically good against Giannis too. Dude...are you for real? The prime Warriors of the East? They arent toying with anyone lol. They just fight their way back through it? Is this a joke? Warriors did that to everyone, not just the Rockets...they also did that to a Rockets team without Chris Paul and Luc, what you are saying about one of the weakest playoff runs is really crazy.

PiPdAdY33 and Downtown Sniper like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

They really didnt need him. Kyrie and KD are more than enough. If Joe Harris actually made open threes, this wouldnt even be a convo.

Maybe, I also think the Suns offense is just easier to defend and the Bucks can get in transition more often, meanwhile in Brooklyn, these guys had to work so hard on defense trying to contain KD and Kyrie for however long it was.

PiPdAdY33 likes this.
  11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Middleton has completely transformed from an all-star to a superstar. That aspect alone, without considering the Bucks other improvements, puts them in a completely different stratosphere than before. And yes they had the luck of running into injured teams injured but they were injured themselves. This squad has learned and emerged as the team to beat in the East. The Nets have their hands full try to reach the Finals next season as well.

hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. HardenVolumeOne

Giannis is an athletic big with no jumper. People said the same things about dwight when he made the finals beating lebron in 2009. Athletic big men are injuries waiting to happen

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Dont Divcienzo is not that good lol. Khris Middlton is also not a superstar. He's like a top 20 player imo...but not a superstar.

PiPdAdY33 likes this.
  14. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

He has a jumper and can shoot threes. Just don't knock on him because he isn't American born. Gianni's game is what Dwight could ever hope for but his talent is not close to comparable. I think Giannis is different and is a more durable big because he puts in the time in the gym and has preventative measures.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Don't be surprised if PHX comes out of MIL with a dub in game 6 and forces game 7

Sanctity and HP3 like this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean, you do need Harden if you're also going to bring up Joe Harris. If you had Harden you wouldn't have to rely on a role player at all.

Even so, Giannis is clearly their best player. They aren't here without him. Jrue stepping up is Jrue stepping up, that's what championship teams have, they have guys that step up while non-championship teams are saying "Oh man, if only (Insert Role Player or 3rd best player) had stepped up we would have won."

But there is something to the Nets offense wearing out the Bucks that it probably hurt their offense...but that just goes back to the point that Ayton could be doing more. I mean they are losing, I'm sure they all agree they need more from somewhere...and I mean it ain't booker. Booker is doing what he does...a little greedily sure but he's the only key player out there playing with fire most times.

HP3 likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

He should be able to hit wide open jumpers man.

I mean, yea of course, I dont know when I said differently.

Im not sure what else Ayton could do? Actually you know what, he was trash on the boards tonight, he needs to be better there and he can be.

18. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Giannis has been better than Harden for the last 3 years. He's gonna make that gap even wider if he ends up winning a ring and a Finals MVP

#1538 GreatOne1978, Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    ilias and Hakeemtheking like this.
  19. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Giannis has made his teammates play better especially Holliday and Middleton. Harden can learn some lessons from the Greek Freak on how to be unselfish, sacrifice and empower talented teammates

ilias likes this.
  20. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

How did they count that cp3 steal as a block smh made me lose my bet