1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 NBA Finals: Phoenix Suns vs. Milwaukee Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2021.

?

Suns vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jul 7, 2021.
  1. Suns in 4

5.0%
  2. Suns in 5

12.5%
  3. Suns in 6

41.3%
  4. Suns in 7

15.0%
  5. Bucks in 7

11.3%
  6. Bucks in 6

11.3%
  7. Bucks in 5

2.5%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

your stat keeping has failed...he hit several midranges in second half of games 5-6... they may have been in the paint but these were the midrange shots for all practical purposes that harden would have never taken nor morey/mda approved.. and they were the huge momentum shots

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Giannis and Tuck are Yin and Yang.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I gotcha. Facts are the facts only when convenient for your argument.

Clown take my dude.

These playoffs were no different than any other year or time. The great mid range shooters were the great midrange shooters and the bad midrange shooters were the bad ones. The numbers are available. The midrange leaders in these playoffs were all the names anyone would expect and be fine with shooting midrange jumpers…..Durant, Paul, Booker, Kawhi, Middleton.

This dream of yours that Giannis used midrange to do what he did in these playoffs is comical. It’s the opposite of what happened. The facts are available. He scored his points at the rim and at the line. And sucked from mid range.

HP3 likes this.
  4. VanityHalfBlack

Does anyone know the viewership for the finals? Low or high?

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah go answer the rest of the irrefutable arguments in the same post you conveniently skipped over ... you miss too much details for a statistically inclined guy

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you repeatedly skipped over jrue... i guess his a career midrange % are bad.... and he was key in winning the game 5 he went MJ on suns hitting fadeaways midrange left and right

if you think yanis didnt hit several midranges in game 5 and 6 you didnt watch the games ...

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Dude. Prove me wrong. Show me the shot charts or stats that show Giannis took more than the 5 mid range shots that the official stats page of the NBA said he did in games 5&6. I’m going straight from the stats.nba.com

Jrue Holiday

2.6 mid range shots per game in the playoffs and shot a measly 37% on those shots. In the 4th quarters of these playoffs he shot 31% on his midrange jumpers. Bad. Bad. Bad. And not with much volume at all.

During the 2018 playoffs Chris Paul took more midrange jumpers per game for our Houston Rockets than Jrue Holiday or Giannis did for these Bucks. And what happened? We lost.

Durant led the NBA this postseason in midrange jumpers. He combined volume and efficiency on midrange jumpers better than any other player. 8.6 shots per game and shot 55%. Lost in the 2nd round.

Your original post is just as nonsensical as if I were to say the Bucks won because Giannis dominated with volume and efficiency from the 3 point line. It’s not true. The numbers say it’s not true. And if I were to say I don’t care what the numbers say Giannis definitely dominated from the 3 point line I would be considered a clown. Which is what you are doing now with this nonsense midrange argument.

HP3 likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

#2208 J.R., Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i watched the game and i know what i see... yanis hit his midrange and he hit it repeatedly
    not gonna go into game 5 at all for now
    heres the highlights of game 6 and the timestamps of the video, he hit 4 midrangers and even one 3-pointer, most of these were from the paint but they were not layups... its not a layup if its a 13- footer and your one leg is in the paint(3:10 minute mark)...10 footer is also a midrange its not a layup, its a clear midrange jumpshot ,dont matter if its in the paint, its is not a layup...
    heres is the time stamps of the video where he hit them
    1:16
    1:57
    2:13(a 3 pointer) i guess this also proves analytics wrong since he shoulnt be taking them because hes a bad 3pt shooter
    3:10
    4:42

blahblehblah likes this.
  10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Dude you are arguing against something that’s not real.

Ask ANYONE should Giannis be shooting 3s very often? The answer is no. The answer isn’t, NO he should NEVER EVER EVER shoot a 3. Because that’s never been the ideology of the strategy you have so much hate for, which was to minimize shots you are bad at and maximize shots you are good at.

And this is exactly what Giannis did to dominate in these finals. He stopped shooting so many 3s, didn’t take many stupid mid range shots and dominated the paint to win. He maximized what he was good at and minimized what he was bad at.

And you insistence that something happened when it clearly didn’t is putting you on the level of that hardenvolumeone poster who has absolutely lost his marbles.

HP3 likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Its just facts.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is Jamal Murray not expected to play next year?

and what’s up with the wack sorting of the odds.

#2212 heypartner, Jul 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  13. KingCheetah

No Rockets?

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol he hit 10 midrange jumshots in games 5 and 6 and i posted the links and timestamps for game 6 and heres for the game 5 whe he hit the midrange

game 5

0:07
    2:16
    2:41
    2:48
    3:20
    3:50

i dont think you watched the game nor read my post..yanis has hit ton of midrange jumpers and they were all huge momentum shots...anyone who watched the games know that....

that i needed to pinpoint to you when the shots have happened only testifies to the fact that you didnt watch and prefer to boxscore so the somewhat unorthodox classification of shots has misled you...

what he was hitting was classic midrange jumpers and not only he was hitting them, he was able to fake and pass from it to the cutters for layups when defenders tried to block him...

so yeah, THE MIDRANGE BABY!

blahblehblah likes this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Nets decided to construct a roster with two star players that had substantial injury histories. They decided to play Harden 40 mpg during the regular season. That was their choice. Injuries are part of the game.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Here you go boss. Personally I think we should have better odds than the Pistons/Magic/Timberwolves/Cavaliers.

That's just me though.

rocketschampionshipodds.jpg

TimDuncanDonaut, J.R. and KingCheetah like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

jrue won them the series with his game 5 midrange fadeaway jumpers shooting clinic and if you or MDA were the coach they would have never ever won that game

18. KingCheetah

And Harden decided to start the season looking like the Blueberry Michelin Man.

supaflyz, DCkid and daywalker02 like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Three of these shots are floaters, not mid range.

Kyrie does. I would not count on that happening to KD or James though. They'll likely be even more careful than they were this year.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be fair it wasn't all MDA, it was mostly Morey's system and then he developed it with Mike.

Mike was all for it because technically they would score more points than he could have ever imagined if the 3 was falling.