1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 NBA Draft Night Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jun 22, 2021.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

To Houston:
    #1 overall pick (Via Detroit)
    M. Bagley (Via Sac)

To Sacramento
    C. Wood (Via Hou)

TO Detroit
    #2 overall pick (via Hou)
    #9 overall pick (via Sac)

Cade
    KPJ / Brooks
    Tate
    KMJ / Bagley

Solid Core

raining threes and withmustard like this.
  2. dduong5

dduong5 Member

Most rockets fans are divided between Evan Mobley and Jalen Green. There is a way to select both players. It would take trading with Cleveland for the #3 pick in exchange for Christian Wood, #23 & 24, and a future protected first round pick. I would love for it to happen and there is a chance Cleveland would accept it.

#122 dduong5, Jul 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Lets get Dame. He might not want to come but Blazers wont get nothing better than we can give

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No thanks.

MoMobley likes this.
  5. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Pass. Not liquid enough.

MoMobley likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This is pretty well thought out, but I think the Rockets are way over paying, unless Cade really is the next coming. I don’t believe he is and I think Wiseman is going to be a bust. Not sure Cleveland does it either, they could probably get more by trading number 3 and Sexton separately.

raining threes and JayZ750 like this.
  8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Actually that’s a good gamble IF you believe Mobley is the real deal you get him a year earlier than whoever you would get next year. And the odds that you are picking # 1 overall or even top 4 is nowhere close to guaranteed. I don’t think Cleveland does it honestly.

mikenm268 likes this.
  9. saleem

I think the Cavs will reject this immediately .

MoMobley, Astrodome and JayZ750 like this.
  10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Cavs and Rockets giving up too much, Warriors too little to land Sexton AND Wood.

MoMobley likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/st...raft-2021-questions-no-1-locked-looking-trade

12. sydmill

sydmill Member

Rockets in: picks #1, #37 & #42
    Rockets out: picks #2, #24, & Detroit's future first

Det in: picks #2, #24, & their own future first
    Det out: picks #1, #37 & #42

raining threes likes this.
  13. saleem

I wouldn't do that. I will do it if Bey is added to the 1st round pick. Hamidou could replace Bey. I will undoubtedly take Cade with the 1st pick. Detroit can have what you're proposing.

juanming likes this.
  14. sydmill

sydmill Member

2 things. First, if Cade is viewed as a substantially better bet to be the best player on a contender than Mobley or Green then you have to try and get him. Second, if Detroit doesnt get that type of player than it is not likely that their pick will convey before it converts to a second rounder.

saleem likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no need to waste assets for it this year in order to settle a score who is better.

Next year and the year after, there will be picks.

Should get more clinical about it.

sydmill and saleem like this.
  16. saleem

Cade is better than Mobley, Green, Suggs. The gap between all of them isn't huge. Weaver values the 1st pick, but he said there isn't a Shaq or Lebron in this draft. He is right about that.

raining threes and ApacheWarrior like this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Haven’t really watched that much tape on Barnes , but I like his scouting report lol

say he’s available at 7

I like Wiggins from GS .

we do Gordon for Wiggins and 7 . This gets down GS tax bill and Gordon is good . But trade does not work salary wise .

we have to send out house and Dj Agustin . House will have takers . Dj will be harder to move but GS can chip in 14 and we give up 24 . There’s bound to be a taker at that price.

we can chip in a second rounder to give to GS because they are kinda getting shafted .

pick green/ Suggs at 2 . Barnes at 7

green/kpj/Tate/Wiggins/wood with Barnes off the bench . You’ve got nwaba and kyhri and wall and kmj too . Sterling brown ?

you might be 10-14 next year with up arrows on most of your squad . Walls contract a year closer to ending , multiple picks and swaps
    Coming up . Get your 2 recent top 10 picks
    Playoff experience their second year . That’s an aggressive plan , but hey .

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj and Zach Lowe

Woj: I think what teams expect to happen is OKC starts knocking at the door. This is what Sam Presti had in mind when he stockpiled all these picks. If there’s a player they target like Evan Mobley and want to get up to 3 or get to 2, they can keep coming at them with assets. Cleveland has to come out of this with an impact player. There’s 3 legitimate number one picks. It’ll be hard to get that pick from Cleveland.

Lowe: Teams at top of the draft waiting for OKC area code to pop up on their phone. Cleveland is under pressure to be better. They won’t give Sexton away.

Woj: They have to come out this with a potential star. I don’t see a scenario where they move Garland or Sexton for more picks or to get younger. There’s a lot of interest in getting to the top of the draft.

Lowe: Warriors have 7 & 14. Able to find anything?

Woj: One player who reaches that criteria. That’s Bradley Beal. Don’t sense Golden State has great interest in Ben Simmons talk. Short of Beal, expect Warriors to use those picks this week.

Woj: Beal has not told the Wizards he wants a trade.

Lowe: Beal is in his prime. Sensational player. It’s not just gonna be Golden State. Boston, Miami, Golden State, Philadelphia…If I’m Washington, unless I love Wiseman…Wiseman, 7 and 14, that’s not an incredible offer. Give me 2026 unprotected and a swap. …

Lowe: Kawhi can hit free agency. Any chance he leaves?

Woj: Gotten no indication he’s interested in doing anything but re-signing with the Clippers. … This is a torn ACL. He could miss next season. They can’t assume he’ll be on the court. Don’t have any sense he’ll do anything but continue in LA with Paul George.

Lowe: Simmons?

Woj: Sixers are engaged in trade talks. They’re taking on offers and making offers. What is the best possible player(s) we can get back? They can’t be a mindset of we have to move him. He has 4 years left. They can’t overreact. I think it will be serious this week. If there’s a deal, they’ll do but they also know they only get one crack at this. They have to be careful. You know Daryl. When there’s a deal to be had, he loves making it.

Lowe: CJ McCollum for Simmons swap? That makes theoretical sense. If you’re Philly, that puts pressure on Embiid to carry the defense himself. They don’t want just anyone for Simmons. They want an all-star. They see the other guy who is not available. (Lillard) …

Woj: More than anything, fact that Simmons has 4 years left, Sixers don’t have to do a deal this week.

Lowe: Lakers?

Woj: Schroder turned down 4/$84M. Chicago, NY with cap space, NO trying to create cap space…perhaps Dallas. They cannot replace him if he leaves. They’ve offered Kuzma and KCP to almost every team in the league. That’s not going to get them back a PG of Dennis’ stature. He has options. Chicago, NY…still think there’s a deal to be made with the Lakers.

Lowe: They need another playmaker. Finding that player is difficult. There is another PG and that’s Chris Paul. $44M player option. Wants to be near his family on West Coast.

Woj: Fascinating question. Also have to pay Cam Payne, DeAndre Ayton, Mikal Bridges. This is a test for Robert Sarver and willingness to spend. …

Lowe: Nets?

Woj: Nets have chance to sign Big 3 to contract extensions. Want to get them locked up. Optimism Griffin would like to be back. Green doesn’t want to be on another minimum contract. If he leaves, perhaps Milwaukee?

#139 J.R., Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    raining threes and matchesmalone like this.
  20. conquistador#11

So Wall for Kawhi? Throw in Ibaka and I'll do that deal.

MoMobley likes this.