1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 NBA Draft Night Trade Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Wiseman has been a big disappointment so far. He is still young and has some value. However he is coming off a major injury, really lacked basketball IQ and lacked some real offensive skills.

I personally questioned his mental toughness after how he handled his college situation. He handled it like many kids would; but not how you would expect a franchise player would. He showed a lack of mental toughness. It isn’t fair to Weismann as a person, but those guys that are real franchise players are wired differently.

There is a reason that GS benched him and are now trying to trade him along with the Wolves pick for someone that will help them win.

The Wiseman pick should also remind Rockets fans that things can change quickly. A year ago he was viewed as a super elite prospect with high level physical skills and a possible elite defender. Now he wouldn’t get a top 10-12 pick in this draft because he has been exposed.

2. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Should not trade the Rockets 2022 1st unprotected for ANYTHING.

3. fattz

fattz Member

Use picks like cash to buy low on talent.

76ers
    In Dragic, Iguodala, Martin, 2021 FRP Portland, 2022 FRP Detroit, and 2023 FRP Milwaukee
    Out Simmons
    The 6ers get it all…. seasoned difference making vets, young talent & 3 FRP’s for a player the franchise turned on as they exited the playoffs.

Heat
    In Wall, 2021 FRP Milwaukee and 2022 FRP Washington
    Out Dragic, Iguodala
    Wall fits the Heat and makes the better on paper. I truly believe he moves the needle for a team that needs something next to Butler.

Rockets
    In Simmons
    Out Wall, Martin & 5 FRP [2- 2021FRP (Milwaukee & Portland(, 2- 2022 FRP (Detroit & Washington), 2023 FRP (Milwaukee)]. We keep all of ours and Brooklyn’s.
    We make the biggest trade in franchise history. Moving on from our past and into the future with:
    Porter / Cade or Green / Tate / Simmons / Wood
    Work with the undrafted more Tate type please. Look at seniors & overseas players:
    Chris Smith / Oscar De Silva / Olivier Sarr / Yves Pons / Malcolm Cazalon. We are a franchise that should appeal to the hard nosed, high motor, 2 way type players because we have opportunities to not only get on to the roster but maybe even the rotation.

#103 fattz, Jun 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  4. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

if the Rockets trade 5 first round picks and Martin for Simmons then I will jump off of a bridge,

htown7829, sydmill, allanivan and 8 others like this.
  5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

No swap for other players, especially older players or short players!
    My picks #2 Mobley, #23 Mann, #24 Maker

6. fattz

fattz Member

I hope the bridge isn’t to high. We speed up the rebounding process. Stone has said the league values picks and he values talent. (Paraphrased). We can’t develop 3 rookie players ever year for the for seeable future. This move makes Gordon the worst contract and his isn’t an issue if he plays. We can bring in some vets with the new found cap room OR take on bad contract for more picks and develop the youth, Wall needs to go either way. This moves Wall and brings us a franchise player in Simmons. He plays as a point forward next to Wood which makes sense for both skill sets. A Green / Porter backcourt is possibly tops in the league within a few years. Tate is the glue. Keeps our’s and Net’s picks. Let Stone work and let’s see what happens next as he fills the roster around the younger talent. I trust the process. Things we know Simmons is not a bust. Green or Cade are not likely to bust either. Let’s go with the known and start from now; vs the maybe someday with mid to late first round picks spanning over 3 years mixed with our picks and not playing time to develop it wondering what went wrong.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I never bought the Wiseman hype.

All the CF trades for him, even now, are exasperating.

Corrosion, saleem and Nook like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would reduce FRP and not give up KJ.

76ers: Kristaps Porzingas
    Mavs: Kemba Walker
    Heat: John Wall
    Thunder: Herro, Dragic, Iguodala
    Rockets: Ben Simmons

If FRP need to be attached to MIA, I would do lottery protected 2024 and maybe House

fattz likes this.
  9. fattz

fattz Member

I wouldn’t let Martin stand in the way of obtaining Simmons.

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Neither would I but also wouldn't just throw him away either.

Philly does not covet him and my trade is win-win for all teams, fair value, IMO.

In fact, both 76ers and Heat would rather have vets like Augustin or House, proven playoff starters, instead.

Those teams are win now mode.

11. fattz

fattz Member

They can take both. The reason I put Martin in is his salary vs his value. He is worth a lot around the league because of his cost. I was using him more as a trade chip than player —> he would be going to DM after all.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

76ers are loaded with young players that already do not get enough playing time.

Same with Heat.

KJ is not known enough to be coveted like that, he will not be the sticking point for any team I promise.

And Rockets retain their building blocks.

If Simmons added, Cade becomes our priority in draft IMO.

Porter/Augustin
    Khyri/EGo
    Cade/Tate/Wisekamp
    Simmons/KJ
    Wood/Olynyk/Bassey

13. fattz

fattz Member

I like your thought on Cade BUT we have the second pick. IF Cade is there THEN I am sure Stone takes him. Green is our man for now, IMO.

Your trade is great but how are all those people coming together on draft night. To many moving parts (likely falls apart) for my liking. I know my trade is an overpay but it gets done.

—> Augustin had a lot of value to us as a calming factor; back up point to a super young back court. Plus he is also hard to just throw into trades because of his salary. That said he wouldn’t stand in the way of obtaining Simmons though.

—> Bassey & Wisecamp aren’t happening if trade away 22 & 23. We need to find the diamonds in the rough. Wisekamp —> Chris Smith & Bassey —> Olivier Sarr

—> We could save a FRP by moving Tate vs having come of the bench behind our all star and future franchise player?

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Both Morey and Stone are grand masters of multi team trades.

That part doesnt worry me.

And Rockets do not need to trade any of their FRP this draft or next, again the trade is win-win for all the teams (my only concern is how much Heat covets Wall).

Porzingas is 25 and a former unicorn, I'm sure Morey is drooling over the possibilities.

15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I don’t want any part of Simmons. I don’t want any players who can’t shoot for that matter. Especially if they’ve only become a worse shooter while a pro. There would not be any newfound cap room after this trade. The only way I’d be ok with bringing Simmons in is if we somehow also got rid of Wall and EG without giving up any picks or young talent.

allanivan and saleem like this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

18. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

We lose Wood, 23, 24 for Herro and 18? (Iggy won't play for us and if we move him best we could get is a late first IMO)

No thanks. Herros value is super low. No need to give up so much just for him.

MoMobley likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I hate to be the villain here but I just don't get this fascination with Herro.

MoMobley and saleem like this.
  20. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Google Tyler Herro girlfriend and you may change your mind.