1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2021] NBA’s 75 Greatest Players

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Oct 19, 2021.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

No he isn’t. Just going off TNT’s snubbed list there isn’t a guy on there who had a better career then Miller.

Patience likes this.
  2. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Westbrook is a strange case. But he still deserves to be there due to the crazy things he did even if he did most of them at the detriment of his teams. If I want to win a championship, I take Billups, Manu, Parker, and Porter over him from those who's left off lists.

GotGame15 likes this.
  3. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lillard and Pierce have no business being included. Maybe in 25 years for the 100th anniversary list but not now and not over McGrady and Dwight Howard. Neither Lillard nor Pierce had periods/seasons of dominance that Howard and McGrady had.

#24 steddinotayto, Oct 21, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    Richie_Rich likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's crazy how many of the top 75 were Rockets

7. i3artow i3aller

8. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

List just makes more made that Yao got such bad injury luck. He definitely had the talent to be on this list.

9. TimDuncanDonaut

Grant Hill, Tony Parker and Manu could have been ahead of Giannis and Westbrook.

10. NewAge

NewAge Member

Playoffs, man, playoffs…

11. NewAge

NewAge Member

@steddinotayto nice pre-summary. Can you highlight who got left-off you prediction list? too lazy to do it myself…

12. NewAge

NewAge Member

that’s ridic! GTFO with this Spurs propaganda. BTW, I’m not too sure Admiral belongs, seriously…
    San Antonio dynasty was all about Tim, Pop, org. culture and a little bit of Kawhi.

edit: I guess I can be talked into Manu-in, Admiral-out. Rodman has issues, he’s got too many rings to be left out, but Manu/Rodman swap would not be out of question. Giannis and Westbrook cannot be out, that’s ridiculous.

#32 NewAge, Oct 22, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Paul Pierce’s inclusion shows the power of winning a ring…Paul Pierce had never been a top 10 player at any point of his career and hadn’t done anything before the Big 3

even in that championship season, it’s not like he was so amazing…he had that game 7 against Bron and won FMVP, but it’s not like he had a finals series for the ages, he averaged 22 points

Richie_Rich, Nook and steddinotayto like this.
  14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Going by Ben Taylor's top 40 careers of all time, it looks like Artis Gilmore (his number 36) is by far the biggest snub. Reggie Miller (30) and Paul Pierce (35) certainly belong.

Dwight missing it is unbelievable.

In 25 years when they come out with the top 100, after 50 Super Steph Currys have played and each averaged a dozen threes a game, we'll still have Billy Cunningham, Bill Sharman, and the like taking spots from more deserving players.

15. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

This is a joke post...right???!?

You're actually advocating removing David Robinson?

Whatever you've inhaled, I'd love a shot of it...because it has to be something really good to come up with that idea.

16. boomboom

Supporting Member

I would've slotted in Bernard King in before some of the newer admissions.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  17. NewAge

NewAge Member

no, not a joke. PaunGasol, Dwight, Chris Bosh more deserving IMO

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I liked all 3 players, but I just think Giannis and even as much as he is criticized Westbrook are both on another plateau. I feel like both bring a certain level of dominance to floor, especially on offense. Grant, Tony, and Manu had their moments, but not quite like these two and for an extended period of time. I know it's fallacious to compare players from different eras and on different teams, but I don't feel like the first 3, individually could help the Bucks in the same way that Giannis has. The Bucks would be a mid-level playoff team at best.

If Giannis or Westbrook were drafted to the Spurs, the Spurs could've challenged for 7 or 8 titles.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You must be in your 20s.

Caesar and Patience like this.
  20. boomboom

Supporting Member

Other than Hakeem guarding him, David Robinson was unstoppable for multiple years throughout his career. You can't say that about any of the three you listed. Each of which relied HEAVILY on teammates for their success. David Robinson was a foundational piece for the Spurs *cough cough* dynasty. And trust me, it pains me deeply to acknowledge that the Spurs should be recognized for anything...I hate them with a passion. But David Robinson not being in the Top 75 is pure insanity.

I respect your opinion...but it is wrong.

Patience likes this.