1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2021] Grade My Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by primtim24, Aug 30, 2021.

1. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Not sure if this is still a thing, but I always enjoy hearing (and sometimes giving) opinions on drafts. Here's mine, 10-team, standard scoring, 1 keeper allowed (Christian McCaffrey, Dalvin Cook, Travis Kelce, Derrick Henry, Aaron Jones, were all kept. I kept Jonathan Taylor for a 7th):

[​IMG]

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My two cents... I am uncomfortable with Barkley as a first round pick, or even a high second round pick. Too much injury risk and the Giants look even worse this year than last. The rest of the team is really good, especially like the Jeudy and Corey Davis picks. If Barkley is and stays healthy you have a league winner.

primtim24 likes this.
  3. primtim24

Thanks for the information, that's the only concern I had. I took Barkley over Chubb simply due to personal fanhood. I think Chubb is 100% safer, and obviously on a better team, I just like cheering for Barkley more-so than Chubb...Lol

It'll probably come back to bite me in the end.

4. NewRoxFan

Yea, especially in a standard (non-PPR) league... Chubb will be a beast. But if Barkley is healthy all year you are good for the playoffs.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Barkley and maybe Mixon are probably two of the few questionable picks... how in TF did you manage to get Jonathan Taylor in the 7th round???

He and Carson may outperform Barkley and Mixon by the end of the year, so that might be your saving grace. Good job overall.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. primtim24

Thanks for the response. But yeah, I have reservations with Saquon, but I just like him....probably will prove to be a bad pick. As for Mixon, I needed another back in the 3rd round, and he was the only true bell-cow left. It was either him, James Robinson/Chris Carson etc. I was able to get Carson later anyway, so I felt it was good value.... I was looking for upside...

Jonathan Taylor was my keeper from last season, so I was able to keep him for the round I drafted him in 2020.

FLASH21 likes this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Keeping Taylor in the 7th gave you a great opportunity to get an elite TE early, either Kittle or Waller but you should be fine. Example, now you will have to decide which 2 or 3 to start each week out of your 4 RB Mixon, Barkley, Carson and Taylor when instead you couldve had Barkley, Taylor, and Carson with Kittle at TE every week. Good luck this year!

primtim24 likes this.
  8. primtim24

That's a good point. I just hate going for high-end TE's that early. I always go RB heavy, as they have extremely high trade value by the end of the year.

But with JT, I planned on drafting one earlier than normal, but the good ones were gone early, plus Kelce was kept, so I would've been reaching.

Astrodome likes this.
  9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

What do you think of my team, im in a 14-team league, standard scoring, no keepers

QB Aaron Rodgers
    QB Trey Lance
    RB Zeke Elliot
    RB Aaron Jones
    RB James White
    RB Mark Ingram
    RB Phillip Lindsay
    WR Chris Godwin
    WR Courtland Sutton
    WR Robby Anderson
    WR Michael Gallup
    WR Chase Claypool
    TE Gronk
    TE Hunter Henry
    DEF Rams
    K Ryan Succop

Which one should be my first week lineup?

10. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

It has been a long time since I've played a standard league. Only worry I would think on your team may be touchdowns.

Allen, Hopkins and Davis are all great, but for whatever reason they haven't scored many TD recently. Barkley hasn't had a lot since he had giant rookie year. Mixon doesn't get many because Bengals. And both of those guys will be on bad teams with few red zone opportunities. Even Carson has been inconsistent there despite Seattle's offense. Hopefully Taylor can shore that up if Wentz comes back to balance the offense.

That may be searching a bit, but the only possible concern I see.

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

How many WR/RB/TE/Flex do you start?

12. NewRoxFan

Wow... I would have guessed it was a SF league based on where Zeke and Jones landed but since you only drafted two QBs I am guessing not. You must have drafted late in the round and somehow Zeke slipped (crazy, especially in a standard league) and also get Aaron Jones. That is a great start. It then looks like you focused on WRs after that (and came back to RB late). I like James White but he is a PPR play. The rest of your RBs are crap shoots. You don't have a WR1 but a good group of WR2 and WR3s. TE is weak but obviously you missed out on the top TEs (Kelce, Waller, Kittle, Pitts, Andrews, Hock) so the rest is all one pile of dart throws. Gronk should be pashed out for OJH and Henry splits time with Jonnu (who I prefer). Other dart throws I prefer are Everett, Kmet, Ertz and Cook, but at most you are talking a few missed FPs at the TE position.

Overall it looks like a really competitive team.

david_rocket likes this.
  13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Yeah I was the 14th pick (last), and people were drafting QBs in the 1st round like Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson, so I got Aaron Jones, and then I was trying to decide to get Zeke or Kelce with the 1st pick in the 2nd round, so I went for a RB.
    Thanks for the input.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Only one spot for WR/RB flex, does not include TE.

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

We set up a family league for my son...

My wife took Patrick Mahomes at #1 overall (PPR league), and then took Lamar Jackson with the first pick in the 5th. Both me and my son are trying to trade for Jackson (I currently have Mayfield and he has Herbert), but she doesn't want him to be sad if she doesn't trade with him, even though his offers aren't as good as mine. She needs RBs bad (Mixon, Melvin Gordon, Kenyan Drake, David Johnson, & James Conner are her backs). He's basically just offering her Sonny Michel. I'm offering her any 2 of Gaskin, Damien Harris, & Raheem Mostert. I'm debating offering Miles Sanders straight up, but hate to do that for somebody picked after him (granted it was only 2 picks apart, so negligible).

My father in law took Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson with back-to-back picks for some reason.