1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Aug 10, 2021.

1. Buck Turgidson

I know all about God and his deals:

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Posted this a while back but A&M signed the highest ranked class in the history of recruiting rankings. Better than any of Saban’s classes despite 7 Championships, Urban at UF and Ohio State, Carroll at USC, Dabo, Mack, etc…Jimbo signed more 5* players this class than all of his previous A&M classes combined. All while coming off a 8-4 season.

So if you want to think money wasn’t a factor, illegally or legally via NIL (as A&M is saying), go for it. People have a problem with Saban lashing out like he did and I don’t disagree, but think you’d be hard pressed to find people saying he’s lying.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What are you babbling about?

I never said money was not a factor its a factor with every top 10 team and every top 100 prospects.

He was lying when he was implying that A&M did something that nobody else was doing or that it was shady and plenty of people have called him out.

Jimbo has always been a heck of a recruiter even at FSU and has been recruiting very well since he got to A&M so let's not act like this is out of nowhere they just had a top 10 class in 2021.

I was surprised as anybody else that he got the class he did but you guys whining about NIL money is amusing considering how in the next breath you are touting this pancake fund.

Texas just got the #5 class and they have sucked for years but for some reason that's completely kosher why?

4. gucci888

Show me a quote where I am whining about NIL or what A&M did. I’ll wait.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Your entire post about Saban and A&M was whining, you really don't have a clue.

It's very telling you ignored everything else in that post.

TheJuice likes this.
  6. gucci888

I posted this in response to your post a couple pages back.

But please go ahead and keep obsessing about the pancake fund some more. It’s freaking hilarious.

raining threes likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And you go ahead with obsessing about what A&M did in recruiting and simping for Saban.

TheJuice likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

This is not a good look

raining threes and gucci888 like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No, it's not a good look it's the best look.

It's hilarious how shook UT people are because of A&M's ascendency.

What's really not a good look is for UT to be pointing fingers at another college for "buying" players, really?

10. Buck Turgidson

Lo and Behold! NCAA proposing new regs (a transfer window instead of year-round free agency, probably some other minor stuff), coaches agree.

Story just aired on espn, should be online later.

raining threes and jiggyfly like this.
  11. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have to disagree with that. It is an open invitation to anybody who wants to come. It is strictly pay for play. And I would guess the exact opposite of the NIL intent as it has nothing to do with name, image or likeness. Though the transition to payment for players is very complex and it is hard to imagine what their thought process was or even what the final goals are.

12. gucci888

Not quite. It *requires* players to make charitable appearances and is only open to offensive lineman. The eligibility and amount available is transparent as it comes.

I agree NIL is complex and almost indistinguishable from straight pay to play in its current form though. But that’s on the NCAA and not the schools.

raining threes likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. raining threes

Well he is an Aggie so this should be expected.

15. raining threes

I'll bet Texas finishes Bethany 4th. The ol will be much better and I believe in Ewers.

16. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I wonder how much of conference realignment is to shut down Jackson State?

Honestly some of these smaller conferences should look at adding/merging with HBCUs

17. Buck Turgidson

Zero.ZeroZero

Ziggy likes this.
  18. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Probably correct but I felt like pot stirring

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

By all means step away from stirring pot

20. gucci888

You mean the NCAA is implementing rules for a problem everyone saw coming 4 years ago? Nothing gets by them.

TheJuice likes this.