1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021 Astros Minor League Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Luis Guerrero and Justin Dirden promoted to High A. Fayetteville only has 10 active position players so I assume they will add 2-3 guys from the complex today.

2. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

They only need 9, right?

3. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

It's a small sample, but Luis Guerrero has done well in the time he's played this season: 17% bb, 19% k, and enough power for it not to be a glaring weakness. He's got speed too. And seeing him play some infield is encouraging as well. I hope he plays regularly over the next 5 weeks as that 100 pa will do a lot to show what he is and potentially get him on the radar for next season.

Nook likes this.
  4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Chad Stevens, Will Wagner, Michael Sandle, Justin Williams, Kobe Kato, and Joey Loperfido were added to the Fayetteville roster.

All of the undrafted pitchers (DeLabio, Gaither, Hunt, Ford, Brockhouse, Perez) were added to the FCL roster.

#1364 tellitlikeitis, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  5. htownbball

htownbball Member

Cody Deason has been back in action and early results have been promising after coming back from TJ. Hoping he can end the year in AA.

Snake Diggit and TWS1986 like this.
  6. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

That's great, decent amount of season to get a significant sample for those guys. I wonder what's up with Quincy Hamilton.

7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Just randomly felt like spreading some joy so I just want to thank those that contribute to this thread every year. This is my go-to place to find out how our farmhands are doing and y'all provide excellent commentary and insight. I don't post much, but I read it all... every year.

To @tellitlikeitis @Snake Diggit and all those who help keep us informed, a hearty THANK YOU.

8. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

@tellitlikeitis is THE MAN. Always on top of it. And @Nook of course is a badass with the insider tips. This thread is (obviously) one of my favorite places on the internet.

9. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Cristian Gonzalez with his first Fayetteville homer:

Solid night for Julio Robaina: 5 IP, 2 H, 4 BB, 8 K

10. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Shout out to my boy @Nook

11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Here here.

12. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I missed that Shawn Dubin was back from injury in Sugar Land. He's got a lot of "reliever risk", but should be a good reliever. With his injuries and Astros recent additions, it is probably until next season before he gets a call up.

14. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Astros have been linked to a lot of big names for next period. Luis Baez, Alberto Hernandez, Maikel Minoso, and I think there were 2 other names I have seen linked to Houston that all would require $1M+ bonuses. Will be interesting to see how that shakes out in January.

HTXSportsAddict and Htown Legend like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

I've forgotten, what are the rules now for postseason eligibility? 40man as of sept1? Is there still an injury replacement exception?

16. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Agreed. Also, once again it would be phenomenal to help offset the loss of draft picks by getting another “big fish” out of the intl. pond.

Leon was a great addition by the org and if you can add another guy of that caliber to this system, you’re able to look at our farm and say, “damn- these guys lost 2 first and 2 second round picks and they’re still in damn good shape”.

Not to mention… the loss of draft picks are over now. :)

HTXSportsAddict and Nook like this.
  17. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

They also had that workout with Prieto. He was the guy that defected while in Miami with the Cuban team.

HTXSportsAddict and Nook like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Click looks mild mannered and he is measured in a lot of ways.... but when it comes to the draft, particularly the international draft he believes in go big or go home when he sees someone he likes. Luhnow was a great GM, but I tend to agree with Click on going hard after someone you like.

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

40-man prior to Sept 1st. Not sure if injury rules for postseason have changed.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. Screaming Fist

I wonder if they would make Hunter Brown a late addition to the 40 man if he continues to dominate or if they would rather wait in order to maximize control. Flags fly forever, right?

HTXSportsAddict likes this.