1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2021: Are you still carrying cash?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Apr 23, 2021.

?

How much cash do you carry daily?

1. 100 or more- never know

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. about 50

10 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. about 20

14 vote(s)
    26.9%
  4. singles and change for vending macikned

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. none - what am I a caveman!!

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I only use cash at the dispensary

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I carry a little cash for when I get to some situation where I need it or a convenient store that says something like you need to buy more than $5 worth of crap to use a credit card, and all I want is a drink. Other than that, I just use a credit card for everything I can other than property tax payments or something.

4. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Definitely haven't used cash once since the pandemic started. Might have a 20 or two in there.

After a couple times of doing this and being given the wrong change back I just stopped.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I withdrew a bunch of cash when the pandemic hit hard last year as a precaution, but haven't used much except for small change.

Will probably not need to withdraw for another year or two...

I like to keep at least 50 for emergencies but that's usually good for a month.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I haven't really carried cash for 20+ years unless specifically needed.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We took out like 150$ for the Pandemic . . .. it was still there about a month or so ago.

I try to keep some 1s and coins for vending but even that I don't keep much
    I would get a roll of Quarters for the coin bottle I have and sometimes just
    keep in the desk at the office

Someone mentioned tips. . . and I usually add it to the card
    but
    Sometimes i do have concerns the waitstaff dont get that so I wish I had cash
    or they can keep it under the table

Rocket River

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah. Small change was mainly for tips. Waitstaff and restaurants dont have it easy rn.

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I suffer from watery eyes...always use $400-$500 on a daily basis specifically for this purpose...o_O

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I try not to keep over $40 in cash. I keep around $200 in $20s at home as my ATM that I'll restock as needed. I rarely use cash.

It was a good thing I had cash around during the ice storm. So many businesses had no Internet and couldn't process card payments.

Blatz likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Do you speak Japanese??

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I carry $0 to $80, which is more than I did 20 years ago when cash was more prevalent. My kids are aging out now, but I find there's an age where they are going to stores or events with other families and need cash to pay their own way.

13. Asian Sensation

I carry about 0.004 btc

14. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

I still carry cash to use at small, mom-n-pop kinds of stores and restaurants mainly. I want to save those places the credit card processing fees, which just add to their struggles to make ends meet. It's a little thing, but just trying to help 'em out. Oh, and also for tips - cash tips are off book for waiters.

Credit card, and cash back bonus, for everything else though!

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

/Thread

Lol, when I have cash on me, my wife somehow ends up with it. I mean obviously I can go to the atm and get more but it's whatever.

Also, math... I know some people have other skills and don't have the same experience with running numbers/counting without calculators... But when I had a retail job I always had everything on count, it was seriously odd to me when someone was off at the end of their shift (I also rarely worked the cash register since I'd only do it to help out) - this was in the early 2000s at a best buy - so by then there was really no excuse - ie you have the computer and I would double check in my head as I was inputting the numbers. I've had the exact same experience though handing out extra cash+change to get bigger bills back...

Now if someone asks to draw something creative or paint something that's not a house/object that needs a coat of paint... - but an actual artwork painting - my kids surpassed me by 2nd grade probably, haha.

Xerobull likes this.
  16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Only if they are cheating on their taxes.

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, if the restaurant staff/others are doing good or someone did a great job on something I'll tip cash - I'll typically tell them to make sure they remember I didn't stiff them - I am definitely not some rich guy/showing off so it's more of a joke, but don't want to end up on the silly viral receipts where someone's been rude. I mean I never worked in the service industry but I try to put myself in their shoes, I tip 15% minimum even on bad service (but that'll probably go on the CC receipt).

Like I think a waiter/waitress etc would have to do something insane to not get a tip from me - that's probably why I'm not rich, haha

Anyway definitely agree with you on the fees too - especially for mom/pop stores - those fees add up for them

jiggyfly and TWS1986 like this.
  18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Around $40 to $50, not because I withdraw periodically, but because I never use it, it sits there and I forget it exists.

TWS1986 likes this.
  19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Almost never have cash. All 1s and 0s.

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

Only a few of my dealers accept Venmo

CCity Zero likes this.