1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2021-2022 Expectations?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Jul 31, 2021.

?

What Will Be Our Seed In the Western Conference Next Season?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2021.
  1. 6

4.8%
  2. 7

1.0%
  3. 8

2.9%
  4. 9

5.8%
  5. 10

6.7%
  6. 11

5.8%
  7. 12

24.0%
  8. 13

18.3%
  9. 14

15.4%
  10. 15

15.4%
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i did it only because hc seeds were not available

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so many losers mentality in this thread.... and yall will cry 'they were just lucky!' when the next surprise team gets to finals or win it all...

Yall would have dismantled current champions team and got rid of yannis 2X MVP after they lost 2 years in a row to inferior competition and seemed hopeless after creation of superteams in la and brooklyn

"we need moar lottery picks to surround yannis and get him more help we are going nowhere with the roster as is"
    my goodness losing is yalls answer to everything SMH

Dobbizzle and CVcrew like this.
  3. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I thought the Suns would be a really good team last year when they added CP3. I thought the Raptors would be a really good team in 2019. And I thought the Warriors would be a good team when they signed Iggy. Miami I had no idea about signing Jimmy but I expected a low seed playoff team.

You are listing teams with veterans that were expected to be playoff teams. The Raptors won 59 games in 2018 and added Kawhi. The Suns looked really good in the bubble last year and then added two vets in CP3 and Crowder. The Warriors won 51 games in 2014 and added Iggy. I don't see how any of those teams compare to the Rockets when they were all good the year before and all added all star level veterans.

KD won 20 games as a rookie and 23 as a second year player with Russ. The Phoenix core of Ayton/Bridges/Booker won 19 games their first. Luka, who is probably the most impactful rookie since LeBron, only won 33 games, finished second to last in the West, and 7th worst over all. Young teams don't win.

This isn't a case of I hope this team. I know this team is going to be bad. And if somehow they aren't we hit the jackpot on a bunch of 19 year olds. I will be through the roof excited if a team this young can actually be a good team.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

lolwut? The ages of our projected core are 25, 21, and 19. Our veteran presence are Wall and Gordon, both of whom we are actively trying to rid ourselves of. Yet, you honestly think we will end up in the playoffs with HC? You are confusing "loser mentality" with "not delusional" here.

gmoney411 likes this.
  5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I really hope the Rockets don't have that type of delusion because it can mess up a good rebuild. The Pelican's lost AD because they didn't have the patience to let an organic rebuild take place. The Rockets have to be ok with losing and make moves that set them up for years 3 and on. This roster isn't ready to compete and that's ok.