1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Finished Utopia. Plot is solid, but the acting is National lampoons straight to video quality. Still enjoyable.

donkeypunch likes this.
  2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I really hate reality TV (except Cops), but my wife got me hooked on a show called Below Deck. Now I literally can't stop watching. Binged 3 seasons already.

3. conquistador#11

Stateless. It's a short stand alone season, maybe 6 episodes. Deals with the daily lives of of border patrol agents and the immigrants' back stories.
    Hannah from Dexter is in it and she will scare you. Hot/Crazy graph off the chart.

Utopia: I was getting into it then something happened, you guys know what I'm talking about. I couldn't take it seriously afterwards.I made it 3 episodes.
    Bastards.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

They didn't do that plot justice. Should be way better as a show all around. Only actor worth a damn was Arbie, everybody else deserves to get punched in the face, especially Jessica and definitely not excluding the kids.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Bert Kreishers the cabin was a solid quick comedy series to watch.

the third episode had me rolling.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Yea. It felt like the director told them to be as cringeworthy as possible.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I just finished watching on Netflix, Spitfire: The Plane that Saved the World.
    9.5/10

It’s superb. The Spitfire is the most beautiful fighter aircraft ever built and after watching this, there is little you won’t know about it’s history. I thought I knew a great deal, yet it managed to surprise me. Beautifully filmed using restored footage from before and during the Second World War. Restored Spitfires are also used amazingly well.

The ending is wonderful, in my humble opinion.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Acting, setting and cast are pretty low bar early on, but they mostly do add up into something good.

Try slogging through midway to season 2. At some point, you'll know whether you care about the cast, and whether to continue.

There is a lot of politics in the show that they cycle on and off, but it mostly pays off with worldbuilding.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Didn't know about this. Thanks!

Deckard likes this.
  10. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Just started watching Schitt's Creek on Netflix. About 5 episodes in so far and really enjoying it.

11. Buck Turgidson

I'm trying, and will keep doing so, but I can't get into it.

Rocket River likes this.
  12. Roscoe Arbuckle

Ditto. Watched about 5 episodes and didn't get into it. Only laugh was them "fixing" the City Sign.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That’s where I’m at, except I haven’t gotten that far. Maybe 3 episodes and that was quite some time ago. It’s not terribly unusual for really good shows to start off at a crawl, so when I’m in the mood, I’ll give it another shot.

Sort of bemused about the great reviews and awards Shitt has garnered. There has to be something really good in there, right? You would think that since I have plenty of time to check it out, being retired and all, why not plow right into the damn thing. The truth is that I have plenty to see, plenty to read. A backlog of things. I like to get outdoors sometimes, as well.

I’m also suffering from a severe case of cabin fever. It’s had an impact on my patience, like I haven’t got a lot of it lately, but what the hell. I’ll give Shitt a chance. Again.

Invisible Fan and Buck Turgidson like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Right? I was expecting Arrested Development and have been solidly disappointed.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I’m tempted to say they should arrest the reviewers.

16. Buck Turgidson

I've also given up on Lovecraft Country for now, which I really was looking forward to.

#616 Buck Turgidson, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Feels like a updated Green Acres to me

Rocket River

Deckard likes this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Same here. I might try again sometime, maybe not. I read some of his novels a very long time ago. My experience is that the written stuff, whatever it is, is generally better than the film or television adaptations. Certainly not always, but more often than not. The Stand is a great example. In that case, the “miniseries” was excellent, but still couldn’t touch King’s novel.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Not sure why exactly, but I have hopes for the new "Stand" miniseries. I just wish HBO had done it.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Maybe it’ll be good. We’ll find out.