1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

anyone seen the pandemic special ?

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

American Murder: The Family Next Door on Netflix

it’s about the murder of Shannan Watts, her 2 kids, and her unborn child by her husband

while watching, it was obvious from the jump that the husband was guilty...his body language, his actions, or lack thereof...and once the neighbor showed his outdoor cam footage, it was a wrap

if u find out that your wife and kids are missing, and u aren’t doing everything within your power to find them and aren’t freaking out, then u are immediately suspect #1 to me

sh*t, if I found out 1 of my dogs was missing, I’d be freaking tf out...let alone a wife and kids

I have more emotion after losing my phone or wallet than he did after finding out his family was missing, and we know why, the sociopath killed them

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

after watching American Murder last night, I started watching Abducted In Plain Sight on Netflix

I’m about halfway through it and will finish the rest later today

I know it’s not right to blame the family since they are victims, but holy sh*t, the parents in this situation were so dumb, it’s almost unfathomable

all the signs that u were dealing with a pedophile and child molester who was harming your daughter were there in plain sight, and u missed them all

u failed your daughter

their stupidity is unreal...How could people possibly be so naive?

4. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm watching Utopia too.
    So much of this show is unexpected. John Cusack has taken his real-life politics to a dark place, Rainn Wilson is nothing like his Dwight character on The Office, and the group of comic book nerds aren't this fun and lovable group I imagined going in, but it's a very good and timely show.
    It's given me a lot to think about. It's a perfect compliment to The Boys right now.

CometsWin likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Anyone watch the show COASTAL ELITES
    It was interesting to say the least

Rocket River

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I watched episodes one and two of Fargo this season and it is really good. A great period piece with a complex plot and well acted.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. MystikArkitect

Just started Succession and its pretty good.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Honestly, releasing Utopia now is about the worst timing ever.

It's a show about a pandemic but the pandemic is man-made and getting the vaccine for it makes you sterile. When this is a show contrasted with real life, problems arise.

There are already people who believe Covid-19 is a hoax / fake or that are borderline on the virus, itself. While Utopia is just a TV show, there will be people who are hesitant to take the vaccine (once available) because they'll think some weird crap is in it that does more harm than good.

Anti-vaxxers, "Covid = hoax" believers and everything in between watching this show? Good luck getting them to change their minds on Covid.

FrontRunner likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

ok, I just finished this, and it was pure fckery

I can’t believe what I just watched

how the daughter could possibly have any relationship with her parents is beyond me

the dad gave the pedophile raping his own daughter a handjob...the mom slept with him for 8 months...this was after he had already started preying on their child

The guy told them that sleeping in the same bed as their daughter in their own home was part of some therapy he was doing, so they allowed him to sleep with her in the same bed 4 nights a week for 6 months. Tf?!?

they waited 5 days to notify the FBI after she was kidnapped the 1st time...they waited 2 weeks when she was kidnapped the 2nd time...there’s more I haven’t mentioned

this sh*t is unreal...and the parents are playing it off like they were just naive and brainwashed...they’re talking about how they made mistakes

Mistakes? Really? The say they didn’t even know what a pedophile was or that it was actually a thing back then. Like we’re supposed to believe that pedophilia was some foreign concept back in the 70’s. The way the mom talked about hooking up with her daughter’s rapist was disgusting. She damn near had a twinkle in her eye like she was recalling some fond memories...she kept calling it an exciting time in her life

this documentary is supposed to shine a light on child abuse and manipulation by child predators...it’s supposed to tell a story about the trauma that a little girl had to experience...however, the unbelievable ineptitude of the parents basically overshadows everything and makes them look complicit

and the criminal justice system back then, especially if u weren’t black...my God...u can rape a kid and get 1 year in prison...u can easily beat charges...u can get sentenced to 5 years, and then only have to serve 45 days, but get that reduced to 10 days for good behavior...just insane

I need to watch a comedy or something now just to wash that fckery out of my system

10. Buck Turgidson

I tried to. I love Kaitlin Dever (from Justified, and others), but I really, really dislike Bette Midler so I didn't make it that far.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The Bureau
    or
    Le Bureau des Legends

Amazon is showing Season 1 for free, right now.

French Spy/Espionage TV show. 5 Season, many awards. Kinda like Mossad 101, with less training and more Operations. 2/3rds way through Season 2, I like it. I would say if you're going to do subtitles to get your Spy/Espionage fix because you've run out of english shows/movies, I'd do Mossad 101 and Fauda, before The Bureau. But S01 does have a unique spy problem that I haven't seen before.

This is French influencing Middle East (including Iran) during Syrian War with ISIS ... two plots in S01. Basically, French can do things US can't, in this region (e.g., we have no agents in Iran), so the show flexes the importance of French spy network.

#551 heypartner, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  12. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Good point. The way people have been acting the last few months, though, I'm cool with sterility.

BTW, I'm only on episode 5 you b*stard. :D

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Oh shoot, I thought you were done! I'm sorry!!

I may have spoiled that part, but if it helps, there are a lot more twists before the finale! (There's even more behind what I said)

FrontRunner likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Checking out Fargo tonite

Rocket River

15. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

That's alright, the shows good enough I would watch even if I knew everything that was going to happen. It's not too hard to see the direction things are heading in anyhow.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

that doesn't come out until the last episode. you just spoiled it.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WOW.

I have to check this out.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ahh, sorry!

I would go back and edit my post to add a spoiler tag if I could, but it seems I can't.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Thats a burn I guess.

I thought the show was pretty good. Mass creation of vaccines, they even had a line about first world demanding the vaccine faster without proper testing which was pretty good.

Seems well timed to me.

20. body slam

body slam Member

Money Heist - I started watching from a recommendation in one of the what are you watching threads and now I can't stop. I'm trying to pace myself and not binge my way through it.

NewRoxFan and heypartner like this.