1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Upload on Amazon Prime it is amazing!

DD

tinman likes this.
  2. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'll look for Ascension. I have to get through Tennison first (sp?) and S2 of Homecoming. Homecoming had a bit of a 1980's TV mystery vibe at times, but I believe it was intentional.

I think I tried The Fall one time and couldn't get used to Gillian Anderson as anyone but Scully. It could have been another show though. The synopsis I read does sound pretty good.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Loved Tennison and have been thinking of adding Britbox to watch Prime Suspect.

The Fall does have GA it's much more more melodramatic that it needs to be and in the 2nd season the plot has went of the rail because the killer has an improbable sidekick.

I am too far in to turn back now I will finish it, but it will take time.

Have been looking for another good British police procedural but have been disappointed in the ones I have tried.

Criminal on Netflix was pretty good if you ever subscribe.

4. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

This is the first British show I've seen since The Missing (a GREAT show) and the Frankenstein Chronicles. I usually can't watch them. The actress that plays Tennison obviously doesn't hurt in this case.

I see The Fall is on Amazon. I might check that out at some point too.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I will have to check out The Missing I can't believe I missed that in my searches.

If you like Tennison, Endeavor is good and has a officer that looks like Tennison.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

The missing was really good. Each season was unique too.

I checked out the Tennison lookalike. No go. The little bit I watched suffered from too much character and setting, not enough plot. (Like a lot of British shows, IMO.)

Speaking of foreign shows, have you seen Foritude?

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Its funny that you like Tennison so much because it's about standard for those types of shows, I liked Endeavor because there is usually a good case and solving it is a interesting journey.

I liked Fortitude the 1st season and tried to watch season 2 and did not make through the 1st, there is no way that town is somewhat normal after what happened in season 1 and they ramped up the melodrama.

I you like Fortitude, you might like The Kettering Incident, that same kind of sci fi mystery/ police mystery,The lead is also not bad to look at.

8. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I guess I liked the character. Aware of her looks and her place in the male-dominated setting, but confident and capable all the same...

Yeah, that second season of Fortitude was nuts. Shame they kind of destroyed what they had built. I never did watch the third season. Would if Amazon would release it...

I'll give the Kettering Incident a try at some point. The trailer I saw was not all that, but it does interest me for some reason.

Let me know what you think of Homecoming.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Finally saw the Snowpiercer movie on Netflix, and caught the YouTube video theorizing that it is the sequel to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

TexasTofu and conquistador#11 like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Endeavor is kind of the male Tennison, I would give it another shot and just make through 2 episodes.

I just finished The Haunting of Hill House and it did not disappoint even had a twist ending that I should have seen coming but did not.

All around great acting and production, the ending is up for several interpretations with easter eggs throughout, highly recommend.

Going to give Homecoming a try in the next week, I need to finish a couple of other things 1st.

12. conquistador#11

This just confused me more. I liked the theory that the engineers were angry that we executed Jesus and that's why they wanted to destroy us.
    Years have passed since I posted how I'll stop and watch if Prometheus is on. Yup, I still do.

Now watching "Watchmen" on the free trial of HBO. I enjoyed the movie but in the series I'm liking the intro to the episodes more than the actual episodes. I'm only 2 eps. in.

PhiSlammaJamma likes this.
  13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Through two of three seasons of Marcella on Netflix. Basically is Luther with a female lead who’s even more off kilter mentally.

it’s a formula. It works. Add British actors and I find it easy to watch.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My daughter got us hooked on Crash Landed on You, a Korean romance comedy. Cute cast and writing. Good change of pace now that Yellowstone is starting back up tonight.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Main chick is an alltime favorite, smiles too darn much.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Darn tooting. Surprised both of the female attractive leads are well into their thirties. The lead actress is gorgeous...

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Started The Missing did not realize I had all ready seen season 1 .

Liking season 2 but its kinda hard to keep up, they are juggling a lot of storylines.

I recommend Top Boy the 1st two series especially, kind of like the British wire except only from the dealer perspectives.

FrontRunner likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I dunno about this season of Nos4atu

Rocket River

19. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I hate to admit it but I could almost rewatch season 2 at this point. I can't remember much about it, other than it got more action packed as it went along.

I just read that Baptiste has a new series of sorts that sounds pretty interesting. (I really enjoyed the character.) I'm not sure where to find it yet though.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I see Hannibal the series is out there now
    but
    I don't remember where I stopped

Rocket River