1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Finished watching Space Force on Netflix. It was very mediocre.

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Legend of Korra is less light hearted, but still an enjoyable spinoff.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I haven't finished it. There were a few moments which really had me laughing pretty hard. The scene where he's talking about expenses in buying button covers and they flash back to a moment where he is in the rocket launch control room with the Malkovich character discussing something. He puts his legs up on the console to kick back and accidentally hits the launch button launching the rocket. That one had me laughing out loud pretty hard. I also thought him singing the Beach Boys song was funny. There are a few moments that are funny. I just wish there were more. I think Steve Carrell is hilarious but his talents almost feel wasted in this one.

Air Yordan likes this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Finally started watching Godfather of Harlem on Epix.

Great show with so much talent that happen to be black, a lot of I know that guy from somewhere else going on.

The guy doing Malcolm X is great.

I love anything with Vincent D'onofria but this is not a good use of his talents but he is still great.

I think the show is a little too ambitious with everything they are trying to do at once but I appreciate it not trying to be a straight up gangster show.

Don't want to do this but it's kinda of a Black Soprano's and that's not a negative.

Oh yeah there is a character named Big Dick Buster and he was actually a guy who existed.:eek:

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Watched an hour of Cheers for the first time in a decade or so...

[​IMG]

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Laurel Canyon... two part documentary on Epix. Incredible amount of talent lived there.

7. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

Watched all 3 seasons of Ozarks - very good 9/10

8. body slam

body slam Member

started Yellowstone and its pretty good but I'm not really sure who the good guys are

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Finished up season four (final season) of "Thirteen Reasons Why". Glad that is over. Those poor kids. I hope college goes better.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

That's one of the challenges of that show, we describe it as The Big Valley on crack. Probably the closest to "good guys" are the youngest son and his wife. But even them...

The main characters all have something good and something not so good in them. The worst of the characters are the oldest son and daughter.

Its very similar to the Netflix show Bloodline... if you liked that show, you will like Yellowstone.

body slam likes this.
  11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Finally started the latest season of Peaky Blinders. While each season’s plot points are somewhat repetitive, I love the show. Stayed up until 3am binge watching. Solid and entertaining as always.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

5 episodes in and I tend to agree with you. It seems every episode has a few minutes of good comedy, but that's about all

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have watched about 5 episodes and not really feeling it.

I love period pieces but for some reason this is not clicking, looks great but none of the characters are especially interesting IMO.

Will try and at least finish the 1st season.

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

If you are basically through season one and you aren’t digging it then you probably won’t end up liking it. I was pretty hooked from the get-go. The characters don’t really change it is much more plot/action driven.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. PhiSlammaJamma

13 Reasons Why: 8/10

I'm on episode 8. And While I know season 2&3 are going to fall off the cliff, I have to say season one is pretty good. And that's good enough for me to go through the first season. The characters and cast are all interesting and the mystery is compelling enough to see what happens.

16. Fantasma Negro

Titan Games. Came for buff babes but the show is better than expected

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Tried a couple episodes so silly/ dumb for long periods (the space chimp) ... when it's dry understated humor it has some funny lines.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Very late to the game... my older daughter turned my wife and I onto The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime). Well acted, well written, and the costumes and set design really add to the show.

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Have been a bit out of the TV game for past few years, looking for some suggestions. Seems like with new streaming options, there are more options than ever before, but wondering if any in particular really stick out? Anything since 2010 come close to rivaling The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sopranos in your minds?

What are must watchs from last decade of TV?

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Better call Saul is the only thing rivalling those shows IMO.

Some other good shows are Justified, The Americans, Mindhunters some others.

oelman44 likes this.