1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Snake Diggit, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

While I see no reason to trade Reddick, I'm not a fan of his defense this year. He's been hitting this year to cover up that he's really slow now for a RF, and would be below average in speed for left. He still runs good routes, but considering Astros like the RF to shade towards CF...he's so far away from anything in the corner and can't get over to backup Yuli when McCullers fields a ball.

#521 Joe Joe, Aug 31, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Any comment I've made about sellers was not directed at Snake.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  3. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Again only one I day has to go is Reddick.

But if you wanna have some guys for the future and still compete the other two would be the key.

Reddick has to go period.
    And ill give u my reason.
    He was the number one guy behind the walk out when they didn't play the A's.

If you pay attention three CEOs of other teams have said and I QUOTE "we are losing money, for baking BLM. That has to stop. We can't justify it"
    Do you wanna be the guy who goes to his owner and says "um we lost 25million in less then a month because we backed BLM." WTH do you think that owner is gonna say since he is also losing money due to the pandemic?
    Js
    Politics need to stay out of sports and entertainment. If you do it on your own time then thats fine. But you can't tell me with a reasonable doubt that if you went to your boss and said "hey I'm not gonna work today. Because of social injustice" WTH do you think your boss is gonna tell you?
    Find another job that's what

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

That is a reason to keep him so I stopped reading after that. I see no reason to trade a prospect to move Reddick's salary.

5. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

https://redirect.viglink.com/?forma...www.mlb.com/news/a-s-astros-elect-not-to-play

According to this article Josh Reddick instigated the walk off.. js. F HIM

6. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Padres get clevinger. Jesus.

astros123 and TWS1986 like this.
  7. awc713

awc713 Member

I’ll always have a soft spot in my heart for Reddick. I’d rather keep him through the end of this year (esp w/ all the funky injuries and overall weird year), than give him away for peanuts, which is likely all he would fetch given his contract. I honestly wouldn’t mind him back at a reasonable price assuming one (or both) of George/Brantley leave. Josh was the first player in a long time to choose HOU on the open market and he’s been nothing but an upstanding citizen and teammate while here.

mikol13, donkeypunch and AznH-TownFan like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Padres:
    Mike Clevinger
    Greg Allen
    PTBNL

Indians:
    Austin Hedges
    Josh Naylor
    Cal Quantrill
    Gabriel Arias
    Joey Cantillo
    Owen Miller

LOL Boob Nightengale...

Nook, ryan_98 and RayRay10 like this.
  9. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Back to talking trades fellas. Let not get side track with politics cuz it can get ugly really quick.

10. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

This is such a trash post.

I was trying to be nice and let you have fun with the trade hypotheticals, because that seemed to be your jam. But now it comes to light that you had all of these terrible takes bourn out of political reasons, and a terrible political take at that?

You say politics need to stay out of sports and entertainment, yet your political leaning is DRIVING your numerous trade posts? A bit hypocritical, no?

11. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Nope. There is no reason for what is happening. There should be playing and thats it. Do stuff on ur own time. Thats plain and simple.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Hope the Padres give the fraudgers problems in the years going forward.

13. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Shut up and dribble, amirite?!

14. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Clevinger to Padres wow

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Take it to the D&D.

16. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

That’s a big haul to Cleveland for Clevinger, but for a deal involving a ToR SP it’s more quantity than quality. They got the Padres #7,9,11 prospects who are all really good since San Diego has one of the top systems in the league, but none of them are in the top 100. Hedges, Quantrill, and Naylor have all graduated from prospect status but all have extremely high ceilings; Hedges was a former Top 100 guy and 2nd round pick, while Quantrill and Naylor were 1st rounders.

Overall Cleveland got 6 potential core pieces but zero likely stars. If Houston made a deal like that I would be happy given the state of their farm but usually going for quantity over quality is a bad idea.

17. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

You clearly aren't very intelligent.

Poor guy

bcast89 likes this.
  18. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Definitely agree with your analysis here. The Indians are so good at developing pitchers. It's crazy how they have an endless supply of affordable guys who come up and excel.

Nook likes this.