1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Snake Diggit, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Talking proves nothing. Astros were talking to Mariners about Paxton... until they demanded Whitley.

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I've heard:
    1) The harassment about the cheating scandal was tough for Springer;
    2) A player that has taken the harassment about the cheating scandal poorly may not re-sign with the Astros unless he doesn't get any other good offers.

arkoe likes this.
  3. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

For this reason, if true, I have no problem trading springer or correa by tomo to strengthen our chance to compete for WS next 2-6 years. If I’m Click, I would definitely entertain an offer for both guys.

4. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

If he goes to the White sox thy could be a real contenders

5. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

At this point I would extend Correa.
    Then see if I can find a CF or OF in general for Lance McCullers. Hopes Drew Waters would be top choice out the gate.
    If a deal goes threw then Springer would be next.But Reddick would also be on the list as trade guys. At the moment.
    I'd also push hard for Josh Bell on a sale low player since he is having a dreadful year.
    Thats about where I'm at. I'd also look for one RP

I get we are pushing for play offs but we need to also plan for the future.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Correa’s injury history scares the hell out of me. I’d trade him before I’d lock him up to some crazy contract, and he’s going to get ridiculous money. I just hate losing good to great free agents.

raining threes likes this.
  7. HTown2017Champs

True, but it proves they're "open to it". As in, I hope the Angels are at least open to dealing Bundy and/or Heaney to us.

8. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I'm sure if you offer them Kyle Tucker or Cristian Javier they will oblige...

9. HTown2017Champs

I think they already are. Pending the results of their game and CLE's they could take sole possession of 1st place. Their hitting is red hot, and they have good pitching.

I agree. Also, as I've stated, I can imagine some owners won't care as much for playoffs this year because of the no fans. I've explained, as owners you care about money and that means a lot of money that's normally to be made won't be made this year.

I like Ryan O'Hearn as a 1B target (from KC). Blocked by Dozier, McBroom, and Pratto (rising prospect), I like the potential he'd offer in extended at bats in a lineup with protection. From what I've seen I love his eye and discipline, does a good job at selecting pitches, has pop.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Edwin Diaz meltdown-in-progress

11. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Niether

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

If I could gwt him on a low prsopect trade I'd still get him. And let strom work with him

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Edwin Diaz blows it.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. HTown2017Champs

^And the Yankees walk it off on the 8th, vs Diaz. Yankees were never missing the playoffs with this format, but rooting for the Rays to take the crown because why not. F the Yankees.

15. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Just saw on MLBTR that Joey Gallo is being shopped. I’d love for the Astros to get him assuming the price wouldn’t he too high. He’s more of a really good regular than a star, but he might be even better in a really good lineup like Houston’s. Maybe Bryan Abreu, Abraham Toro, and Jojanse Torres?

HTown2017Champs and Htown Legend like this.
  16. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

What would be an appropriate offer from the Astros for Hader? Something realistic.

17. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Hader probably has about $40M in surplus value, so it’s doubtful Houston could get him without giving up Forrest Whitley plus others. My hypothetical would be Whitley, Bryan Abreu, Freudis Nova, and Ronnie Dawson. I love Hader but would not want Houston to to that deal.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Apparently Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers should get it done

19. HTown2017Champs

I'd do that offer, but, remains to be seen if Arlington wants to deal with us. Has 2 years of control remaining after this year. Strikes out too much for my liking but has insane power. I agree he could do better in our lineup, and maybe someone like Bregman could help him with discipline and pitch selection. Can play both OF corners, and could he play first base again?

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Too soon, Brobrek.

mikol13 and RayRay10 like this.