1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Snake Diggit, Aug 6, 2020.

1. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Cheat then leave cuz you can’t handle the pressure. Good riddance then if that’s the reason why he wanna sign elsewhere. I feel bad for guys like Bregman, Altuve, and JV. Breg and Tuve will be carrying the brunt of the cheating scandals on the field for years to come. Springer and possibly Correa will be a hero for another franchise when they leave.

2. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Taijuan Walker, a rumored potential yankees target, was dealt by the Mariners to the Blue Jays for a PTBL

raining threes and Snake Diggit like this.
  3. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Yea its done deal he is a Blue Jay.

Wtf is all I gotta say

4. Dalton Pence

Dalton Pence Member

We’ll take Kyle Lewis and Kyle Seager off of their hands for Joe Biagini, Devo, and Cy Sneed

5. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

That would require alot of drinking and still doubt they would move lewis

6. HTown2017Champs

Rays acquire OF Brett Phillips, an old friend of ours, for SS Lucius Fox, their 26th-ranked prospect.
    Phillies also trade struggling LHP Austin Davis to the Pirates for a PTBNL.

raining threes likes this.
  7. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

I love watching other teams make them selves better or ride them selves of what they dont need for the future.

8. Dalton Pence

Dalton Pence Member

Haha one can dream

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

not set for next year .

but you dont wanna trade those guys away if you think you have an outside shot this season .. and we are porlly gonna make the playoffs . If verlander and grienke are dealing , those aces plus our offense is a pretty good shot.

Even if you lose 2 out of the 4 then you have tucker and yordan to hopefully replace them .

depends on what you can get , but i dont think market value is gonna be high for those guys , espcially condiering they are going to be FA. astros have a good chance to hold on to 2-3 of them i think

10. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Springer is a surefire QO candidate, Brantley is a borderline QO candidate. Gurriel is not. Obviously the hope would be that one of those guys would sign with Houston at a discounted rate, but my assumption is that if that were possible it would have already happened, so the odds are those guys are gonna test free agency, which means they are very unlikely to resign with Houston. If I were GM I would be very tempted to QO both Springer and Brantley. If Brantley accepts then $19M/1yr is a fine deal for a legit middle of the order hitter.

Houston is the favorite in the AL, so unless they get a ridiculous offer they should not make any move that makes this year’s team worse.

Stand pat, hunt for bargains, set up potential deals for this offseason, especially for potential CF options. Get Jones and Toro as many ABs as possible to see if one or both of them are ready to step in.

11. HTown2017Champs

Playoffs? At this rate the season may be cancelled. I'm open to selling now. And not to be a pessimist but this season will be defined being short, irregular, abundant 7-inning doubleheaders, and there's going to be no fans in the stadium, so not nearly as much financial incentive for the owners. Something to consider when deciding how to get the best value, and deciding how to best keep the window open.

12. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Been open sell of Brantley Springer Reddick Yuli listen for Grienke
    Thats saves so much money just in those guys.
    Honestly believe we can get Drew Waters from the Braves with a package built around Yuli Gurriel

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why do you think the season will be canceled "at this rate"?

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. HTown2017Champs

Have no clue what will happen next, and I don't want to chime in on politics, but many big-name NBA players have said they don't want to keep playing, and both LA teams said last night they vote not to continue. Depending on how things keep playing out, it could reach MLB. I'm not an MLB player and I have just as much knowledge as you do about what goes on in the locker rooms, but some fans have said anything is possible.

15. bobrek

NBA players have agreed to continue today.

16. raining threes

I just dont want to hear NBA players cry when the cap goes down. I actually admire them for giving money up to support a cause. Whether I agree with what BLM really stands for or not.

17. HTown2017Champs

My point was, let's see what happens the next time mass riots emerge. They get louder each time. I condemn wrongful murder, and violence, that's all I'll say.

TWS1986 likes this.
  18. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

The NBA players learned what actually happen in that shooting. Just like the rest of the world.
    Thats why they crawfished.
    NARRATIVE WAS LOST

19. bobrek

You do realize they accomplished things? Fertita is opening the Toyota Center for city wide voting this election season. That was a direct result of the 'protest'. Owners will also use their voices to be more vocal for the players.

RayRay10 and awc713 like this.
  20. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Doesn't matter those Madonnas need to understand. You can't do that on just any job. If u were to do that at ur job you would be fired. So get that point accross really quick like