1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

It was just incredible how bad the messaging was for that base of voters...I mean, that is/was their core base...and Republicans basically threw them to the wolves, so to speak.

I'd be real interested to see what Dan Patrick's job favorability rating is right now.

Batman Jones, Reeko and jiggyfly like this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I do hope they're actually paying attention to something more than FOX, with Ingraham telling her audience not to listen to the "medical deep state" Fauci and his concerns about things like the upcoming Tulsa rally.

The deep state.......I actually got some of that deep state garbage out of a coworker. "You just don't see it," he said. "You're right, I don't. It's the Marianas Trench of Republican paranoia. It has a bottom, but I don't see it."

Hakeemtheking, mdrowe00 and RayRay10 like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am interested to see how things shake out over July, if the polls continue or get worst Republicans will be changing their tune.

To tell the truth it should be happening now but it seems they believe Trump has some super power or they know are betting on voter suppression and outside influence doing the job.

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  4. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I’m here brother, not going anywhere. Excel spreadsheets ready.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

if it’s not low then Idk what to say

he’s telling the over 65 crowd to sacrifice themselves for the economy...that they’ll have to die so everyone else can live...then he tries some weak attempt at displaying empathy by saying that he’s in that over 65 crowd and would willing to make the sacrifice for his kids and some other bullsh*t like he’s not rich, could get a test easily whenever he wanted, and if he did get sick, would get access to better care than the vast majority of people he’s claiming should make that sacrifice

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Excel spreadsheets mean nothing...we’ll see if u actually follow through

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. generalthade_03

Err, if you look at your profile and mine, who’s the contributing member?

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

He could go the route of @basketballholic and create a new account to talk basketball here and stick to fighting people on twitter about politics.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. generalthade_03

I got chu down for fiddy, care to make it an even Benjamin?

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

your main contribution here is trolling

like I said, we’ll see

B@ffled and RayRay10 like this.
  11. generalthade_03

No need for that man. I’m not going anywhere, have only one account and intend to stay that way. I don’t do Twitter to talk politics, the people in there are dumber than my rhubarb jam.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

wouldn’t surprise me

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. generalthade_03

So that means no? I though you’re so sure about your man Biden that you think I’ll skip out of a bet?

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

How will I know you’d actually pay it? I do not trust trolls.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. generalthade_03

You can back out of your bet anytime you want. It’s you that I don’t trust. You’ve been here for awhile used up all of the bandwidth with your bad takes and haven’t contributed a dime. It shows me that you’re a cheapskate. Who’s trolling now?

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, typical nonsense post

u still refuse to be willing to provide proof that you’ll go through with anything

I would question all trolls, so u are no exception

So everyone who hasn’t given some money to CF is a cheapstake? Please. I have given money to many different things, CF just hasn’t been one of them, nor does it have to be. I mainly give to worthy GoFundMes, donate to Action Pacs like with Breonna Taylor/George Floyd/etc, and other things like giving to some local businesses/restaurants that needed help to stay afloat when everything was locked down because of Covid. I would hold up my end of the deal, but I don’t trust trolls to do the same.

RayRay10, DVauthrin and Batman Jones like this.
  17. generalthade_03

Sure, whatever you say and I am mother Teresa. Why don’t I just take you off the list and call it a day, Deal?

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

As usual, u keep ducking the question. Listen, do not go hiding, and provide proof that u actually followed through after Trump loses. That is now part of the deal. I will also do the same if Trump somehow won.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

According to RCP the lowest Trump's average approval rating as President was 40%. Trump's approval rating has stayed relatively consistent between around the mid 40%. That's terrible for a sitting President but among his own party it's been staying in the 80's. It's a difficult path for Trump to win the Presidency again but it's an even more difficult path for anti-Trump Republicans to win primaries.

We've already seen many moderate and traditional conservatives leave but most of those people aren't running for office. That means that Trump support is even more concentrated in the party.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah they are dammed if they do dammed if they don't but somebody is gonna say **** it because Trumps numbers are so bad, if anything other than to get a gig as a talking head.

RayRay10 likes this.