1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Some of the suggestions by the democrats are not realistic and would be a complete disaster.

First, the Electoral College isn't going anywhere soon

Second, packing the court would be a complete disaster that would harm the USA long term

Third, I do not believe that state hood for Puerto Rico would be supported by the majority of Americans, and it would have economic consequences as well.

The democrats best hope is to get rid of the filibuster, attempt to pass successful legislation and replace Breyer with a young justice and play the actuary table game, and bet on one or more of the conservative justices resigning or dying over the next 4 years.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think more than anything, polling suggests that voters in 2020 care overwhelmingly about their healthcare, and the economy. I don't think it serves Democrats at all to all the sudden pivot to SCOTUS & court packing narratives. I still think that Biden's central message going into these last 30 days should be about pre-existing conditions & saving healthcare, economic infrastructure investing, and Covid planning without getting too much into the culture war aspect of Covid. Don't get into the nitty gritty of masks, etc.

Trump still has a 10 point lead in the "who do you trust with the economy" poll. That should scare the bejesus out of Democrats. The Economy & Healthcare will decide the election... not SCOTUS battles even though Women's rights is a driver for the left... but that's not always necessarily about SCOTUS. I think you'd be best served to talk about a womens rights BILL vs Roe V. Wade. It's permanent and doesn't need to rely on the partisan nature of the judges.

Nook, fchowd0311 and RayRay10 like this.
  4. raining threes

They should've been all hanging out in Chinatown like Pelosi wanted. Or sent from the hospital to a nursing home like the Grim Reaper Cuomo sent them to their deaths. In fact Trump shouldn't have been racists like Schumer/Pelosi/Biden accused him of being and not put in the travel ban to China, then we could've seen some real death and that number would've been much closer to the 2.2 million deaths that were originally predicted. Then maybe reality would've truly hit you in the face.

5. raining threes

Good

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You really are blind to the truth aren't you? What about the 60,000 who have died in the last 2 months while Trump screams to reopen everything, allows Governors to recklessly ignore medical experts like allowing 1/4 million bikers to gather Maskless in Sturgis, and to this day allows large groups of Maskless fools gather in close proximity at his rallies. Had that reality slapped you in the face?

Make no mistake, Trump is the leader of this country who has failed to take a National response to do anything other than allow the spread to explode, while fueling the fire at every turn.

When have you heard him even mourn the dying and dead? He has no heart, no empathy, and certainly not remorse. In his eyes he is great. That's what I call a sick human being. If you feel like him, then that says a lot about you.

#4366 deb4rockets, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That was in March.

200k dead on Donny's watch.

All you are is a broken recorder waiting for another Dem to slip up even though they don't have real power

Drip
    Drip
    Drip
    Drip
    Drip...

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  8. raining threes

Make no mistake if Pelosi/Schumer/Cuomo had their way it would've been much worse.

I'm for opening up the govt, just like the rest of the world has, (Minus California) and letting the sick elderly vunerables stay in quarantine. Keeping everybody locked up at home all of the time would save even more lives but it's the wrong thing to do and certainly living in fear is very Un-Ameri

9. raining threes

I'm a realist of what caused most of the deaths. Which the numbers say the majority were in liberal run cities. Ever ask yourself why this is? Could it have to do with bad leadership.

In a cruel heartless way maybe this is all a way to cull the liberal cities out f some liberal voters. Not that I believe this but in 2020 I guess anything is possible.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I guess you share the same thinking as Jared, who sat on different plans to help cities and states because they were blue, like sending out PPEs through the USPS or implementing a national testing plan.

Fair enough...American deaths only count when it's on your side of the fence.

0 ****s given for Trump bungling as the power hungry My Watch Potus. :rolleyes:

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. raining threes

Care to prove his and I'm not taling about you giving me an opinion piece.

Fact: Cuomo praised Trump for giving New York everything and more that they needed. Nobody that needed a ventilator didn't get one for instance.

Cuomo, a Lib praises Trump, I never thought I would live to see the day.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Destroy what's left of this country and thanks to the Office of the Presidency not go to prison where he belongs?

And change "raining threes" to "reigning posts". It's a deluge up in this muh****a.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

No... he actually just sent more troops to Syria, again.

Keep up.

jiggyfly, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Trump is our President. You can blame nobody but him. Make no mistake about the fact that most of the modern world had much better leadership than our incompetent mess of a Maskless Moron in charge.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Maybe the nic should be changed to raining BS.

RayRay10 and ROXTXIA like this.
  16. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I believe what he says is unlikely but I caution you to give the public so much credit.

raining threes and RayRay10 like this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Care to say what Trump has done for your life that makes you defend him so much?

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Which it is. This thread has been taken over by his virus.

MIS-ter ANDerson....

My name.............is Neo.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I was talking about his blind cult followers, not the majority of Americans who actually care about stopping the spread, and know Trump is untrustworthy.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

You said that the people aren’t that dumb and I was taught to never say never. It was a bad attempt at humor.

RayRay10 likes this.