1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That’s a long paragraph when you could have just said Sura faints.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Clearly.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Biden needs to steal some of The Donald's coke.

Small "c".

That'll get him going through the show. Come on, it's time to go.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Well...we did have an FEC:

Nook and foh like this.
  5. SuraGotMadHops

The fact that you have to condition the debates on "if" Biden shows up in any way tells the whole story. This is not a mid life lost step, this guy is not fit to run the most important country on the planet.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

7. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

8. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Even if that were true, which it is not, he’d still be vastly more qualified that Trump.

dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Joe Biden has lost a substantial amount of athleticism. It was a mistake that Morey signed him to such a long contract. Now we have to trade first round picks to get rid of his contract.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't. I have no evidence to suggest he won't show up and do as well as he did in the primaries. Again... just a couple months ago he held his own against Elizabeth Warren, Mayor Pete, and Bernie.... not exactly lightweights on the debate stage.

Trump is TERRIBLE as a debater because he doesn't debate. He'll just talk over the conversation and blab on and on with his overuse phrasing, and talking about how great he is. Nothing but superlatives, and no substance. That's not an actual debate.

Where Trump succeeds as a politician in any format... debate, rally, etc. is his ability to entertain people by acting like a clown. You obviously enjoy it, and are entertained enough by him to vote for him to be president of the united state. I am not. However that is not a Debate skill. What you are going to see from Trump will not be a Debate. It'll be Trump trying to entertain people like you because you don't vote on debate skills.... you vote on entertainment and culture wars I'm sure.

So as someone who will be voting for Trump most likely I don't think anyone really gives a crap about what you think about Joe Biden's debate performance. We know you don't really care about debates because of that fact.

Reeko and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Have you seen who he is running against?..... He is running against the feeble and mentally compromised Donald Trump.

I could get where you were coming from if his opponent was someone that wasn't 75 years old.

The President of the USA barely crept down the ramp..... he couldn't drink a glass of water..... he was so confused and disoriented that he was discussing bleach therapy as his own disease experts looked on in horror...... there are rumors that he had a stroke... he is seen shaking and feeble... he had to be rushed to the bunker during the Floyd protests. He is stumbling over his own words.

President Trump is like an old, injured animal trying to keep the wolves at bay by claiming how strong he is....

Every time someone says Biden is old (he is) and compares him to Trump, it just makes Trump look worse...

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You want to insert Trump for Biden in that rant, because Trump does not live up to the same scrutiny.

Last month called and the want there Biden talking points back.

Are you suffering from Herd Mentality?

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Trump is no longer an NBA level player:

Good thing his contract is expiring or else Tilman is gonna give up even more picks.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's just following the herd mentality.

Yeeeaaahhh! (Cue Won't Get Fooled Again)

RayRay10, dobro1229 and jiggyfly like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

D'oh!

Beat me to it..

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

But if we trade him to OKC he will have a record year..

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

"Herd mentality"

Is there a more appropriate and suitable slip of the tongue? Too bad, it wasn't a slip of tongue.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Great minds.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. SuraGotMadHops

This is hilarious. I just love how libs assume what it is that inspires Trump supporters to vote for him. It is very disrespectful actually, as if conservatives are all just a bunch of toothless "orange man funny" followers and vote based on that alone. As a conservative, I vote based on:

Taxes - my small business corporate tax went down, my withholding taxes went down under Trump.

Economy - particularly O&G, it directly affects my livelihood

Personal safety - as a religious minority and being afraid of what ISIS was doing in my home country as well as in the USA for 8 years under Obama, they finally disappeared. Also, guns for protection.

I'm a pro-lifer as well, but I don't emphasize that as much for voting. To me, social issues concern me the least. I leave it up to individual family units to teach how to treat people of all races and religions with respect. If everybody did that, we'd be a much better place. Government is not here to raise kids or teach kids, that's what parents are for.

That's it. One party aligns with what I like, one does not. I'm sure this is going to cause 20 replies of all the reasons why my logic is wrong or that my priorities are wrong. I'm sure someone will try to argue O&G got worse under Trump or Obama is the reason taxes went down, I've heard it all.

I vote based on what works for me. I could care less if Trump tweets stupid things or acts like an a-hole. My life improved under his administration. I am not white, and my family immigrated here. That should not matter but I just put that out there to preemptively refute another generalization that I'm not white privileged racist or some backwoods confederate flag toting hillbilly.