1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does anyone really want 4 more years of this **** show?

Nook, Ubiquitin, Jimmy Chase and 4 others like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way! Enough is enough!!!

Ubiquitin, Jimmy Chase and RayRay10 like this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Hell’s yahh!! Kim G’s speech harkened back all the way back to 1930’s Germany. That chick would have been so at home in that era. Have you ever read In the Garden of Beasts? I recommend it

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Seniors' 401ks are at all time highs. Yep, whoever Shea Serrano is, he might want to take a peek out of his echo chamber.

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Fu** all you crying dying people. Just deal with Coronavirus. My stocks are up, I secured millions in PPP loans, and I don't give a damn about you, your lack of healthcare, your dying mother, or your crappy little mom and pop store that just went out of business.

Signed,

Trump Supporters USA
    Greed, money and wealth.
    Living the Dream
    Keep our Suburbs White

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Would be ecstatic if we could get 4 more years of Trump.

B@ffled likes this.
  7. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Dilly dilly! How about 8 more years?

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Deb's going full speed into meltdown mode. 4 more years of Trump is a very real possibility.

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Nope. Nobody but the greedy rich and racists want a Hitler, Stalin, Putin type leading us into a war on our own soil. Time to end the nightmare and save what's left of his destruction.

right1 and RayRay10 like this.
  10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I had to stop contributing to my 401k because my company sliced my paycheck in half due to the Covid crash.

The 401k argument is borderline offense and at the very least tone deft. It treats everyone you are trying to make the argument to as a complete idiot. Nobody gives a sh$t about their 401k or the stock market when the real economy is in the tank. Unemployment is a Great Depression level. I can’t even get interviews right now because the market is just flooded with job seekers, and now we have another 20k workers (most in my area of DFW) flooding entering the job market with American Airlines laying off 17k people.

If you want to cheerlead for Trump, bragging about 401k’s is about as the least effective thing you can mention if not counter productive.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. NewRoxFan

13. NewRoxFan

Here's the depths trump's republican congressional enablers have sunk to support trump...

Video of Ady Barkan is manipulated to add words in a Joe Biden interview
    A video shared by Rep. Steve Scalise included manipulated audio of a quote from Ady Barkan, according to journalists from The Washington Post and NowThis News. The clip comes from a NowThis News video in which Barkan, who has ALS and speaks with voice assistance, interviewed Joe Biden. The manipulated version spliced in the words “for police."

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

15. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Very good article and very in-line with how I view this election.

https://thebulwark.com/this-is-the-end/

This Is the End
    There's a simple reason why this election really is different.

More at the link above

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with that and matches some of the things I've warned about. A lot of things broke for Trump last week starting with that it was the RNC and there is a convention bump. It's pretty messed up but the looting in Minneapolis and the deaths of multiple people probably benefited the Trump campaign.

That said will have to see after Labor Day how things shake out.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

According to Prediction Markets, Sanders is the nominee and loser Joe Bidens last gasp hail Mary of announcing Susan Rice as his VP failed badly.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, of course you agree with it. It has 1) no empirical evidence and 2) aligns with what you want to believe:

You are so predictable. If there was a Prediction market for you I would be a thousandaire.

dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Speaking of predictable I see you respond like a canine owned by Pavlov on the subject.

I will agree that betting odds are questionable but they are evidence. I'm not surprised that you're dismissive of it given your history of confirmation bias but I'm surprised that Nate Silver would be so dismissive. Given his use of terms like "techbros" and "finance bros" it sounds like he's engaging in confirmation bias.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think with Trump there is a bit of self fulfilling prophecy that the media & political junkies partake in where we see something that looks like a tactic, and the media talking about it working actually makes it work, and Dem bed wetting doesn't help.

That being said I think people are underestimating the ability for:

A. The Biden campaign to grab messaging that avoids this trap
    B. Trump & his followers ability to get overzealous and their tactics to backfire

Case in point being the Trumper armed militia vehicle brigades storming into cities like a middle east terrorist group. That was HORRIBLE optics for those low information voters judging this moment at a glancing whim. Trump is responsible too for gas-lighting. His disapproval was never higher than when he tear gassed DC peaceful protesters in order to get a photo holding a bible like someone who has never held a bible before.

I've also seen strong messaging from the left in the past 48 hours that is reminding voters that "This is Trump's America" and I think that is a potent reminder message.

In the end, yes, some white voters in the suburbs are going to do white voter in the suburb things, and act scared, turn on FoxNews, and convince themselves in November that Trump is the lesser of Two Evils because Biden is the leader of Antifa. However, there is still enough of the suburban white voter that broke for Dems in 2018 that if they hold, will be more than enough to hold onto where Biden needs to be to win.

SamFisher, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.