1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, he probably had it on because it was cold in the plane. I always wear a jacket on a plane, and carry one when going to a restaurant. (Which I haven't done in months).

The difference is, I can carry a jacket and walk down steps of a plane. I doubt he can. I bet he was sweating like a pig out there....haha.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So bleach ingestion has been reported in different areas of the US to be spiking in the last few months. I wonder why?

I can understand not supporting Biden. But I’ll never for the life me understand why anyone can support Trump. What an absolute joke of a man he is.

RayRay10, deb4rockets and Jimmy Chase like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Interesting article I read about the past few elections.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...ess-effective-in-2020-than-they-were-in-2016/

I know a lot of people say "Well, some Trump supporters voted for Obama so they possibly couldn't be racist," well, not true. Because Trump merely made race such a big issue that some people that may have otherwise not supported him (say they agree to climate change or free healthcare) simply thought race was a bigger issue, so swapped over to Trump. It's sort of how some Bernie supporters went for Trump because they felt corruption was an issue, even though they were mostly liberal, they figured at least Trump would take care of their biggest issue (and of course he hasn't but that's besides the point...) so yeah, it's an interesting article.

Mentions too that Trump trying to activate those more concerned with 'white status' is probably not helping him this election, because these people didn't need any more convincing. They ARE his base, his hardcores, they ride or die with him because they know this could be the last time they ever get a president like him and so it makes sense why they support the guy taking more and more power. They need a big win in the Senate and general so that the next Trump can ride to an almost fixed victory. The amount that they are meddling openly with the election makes it clear that they want a King. I've seen so many Trump supporters these past years just either blatantly say that or hint at it.

So, in the long run, I'm not sure a group of his supporters riding into Portland is a good idea for him? If any violence breaks down and depending on how Trump responds to that, it's going to be an open and shut case that he's willing to use his supporters for violence. I'm not sure where we go from there, I don't think it's likely. I'm sure these people will just ride through portland and nothing will happen...but it is 2020.

I mean I think Trump knows this too, he's tried to broaden his coalition, he's trying hard to pull in suburban white women and has tried to chip away at the black vote...we'll see if that works. He needs black male voters to either not vote (or get cheated out of voting...) or to vote for him. I'm not sure the whole "Police can gun you down when they see fit..." is a winning message. While I think his support among black men has risen after the RNC, I'm sure after the Blake thing, and after another inevitable unjust shooting or two, he'll lose that gain.

I think while he has had a bump from the RNC there is still a lot of time to ruin what he's gained. I'm almost counting on him to do so. I also doubt he's made as much ground in the black community as he thinks. He's delusional and has mouth diarrhea. Biden just has to pop out of his hole every now and then to seem like the sane one.

This is going to be a super interesting election, I mean everyone is, every election shifts history this way or that, but I really do feel like it is a pivotal election...and yes, I think Trump for another 2-4 years with the senate and congress (which isn't likely but...) is probably going to change the country for the worst. The attack on voting should terrify anyone.

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  5. Beezy

Beezy Member

#3605 Beezy, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

This is Trump's America. It's only the beginning of worse to come, as long as he is our President.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

My, isn't she a hypocrite. Oh, no wonder, it must be the nepotism kicking in. Money talks in that family, but the words are just part of their con.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

kellyanne saying the quiet part out loud...

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Funny how different republican attitudes towards the Hatch act used to be... I wonder why?

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It only works if people see the violence as being unjustified and coming from one side. Charlottesville, for example, did not help Trump. The MAGA driving to Portland to fight Antifa is not how you male violence work for Donny in the polls.

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Trump had a tremendous week, the race is incredibly tight right now. With covid on the decline, most notably in the battleground states, the democrats are schitting their pants!

B@ffled likes this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Is this the first time in history that a convention is under water ?? By 22pts!

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Can’t look at the national numbers. Look at the battleground states...

we are in for a very tight race the next couple months!

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't believe any polls will be worth the floppy disc they are printed on .... There's too much animosity between the sides , for months one side has bullied the other and now we're seeing people shot and killed over political affiliation.

Aint nobody in their right mind answering a poll honestly.

Jo Jorgensen might win this thing ...

RayRay10, FranchiseBlade and bigtexxx like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 and Corrosion like this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You're as bad as Trump with your reasoning to call this week tremendous. Sad to think that a daily death average in Texas 5 times higher than it was 2 months ago is something to cheer about.

astros123, RayRay10 and Jimmy Chase like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't know how many of you have answered a poll, but I haven't. I think this election will wipe the smug smiles off a lot of Trump's crooked and white collar criminals' faces. Imagine how they are gonna feel when justice for all finally starts to come true. Hopefully the ringleader of white collar criminals, greed, and corruption is charged, convicted, and locked away.

astros123 and RayRay10 like this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

between the extremists.. good thing is 99.9% of the people aren’t going to shoot someone because of party affiliation

plus, polls are private

No one should relax due to polls though - go vote.

jiggyfly, RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.