1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

What do you think Ms. Harris's response would be if Pence said that during a debate?

Glee at the opportunity to just crush him? (she has that emotion, I've seen it with Barr)

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Not to worry. Baby Jesus will fix the USPS, just in for Christmas cards.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

4. Dubious

Create a problem, solve it yourself and declare you are a hero.

Netenyahoo would have never declared annexation if:

1. the US would have expressed opposition or sanctions
    2. the fix wasn't in, this was the plan all along

sirbaihu, RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Great, I am glad that Israel won't be invading Dubai in the next few years.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

too funny

AleksandarN, jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  8. Dubious

How many times can I post the laughing green shirt man today?

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

He and texxx and T_J.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Honestly, how much of a ****ing horrible person do you have to be to still support Trump. You are supporting a pedophile, a con man, a convicted fraud, a man who steals from children's charities.

If you are a conservative, fine, but show some moral backbone and find a true conservative leader - not this clown.

DD

13. Fantasma Negro

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

vlaurelio, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

When I talk with my dad (on the phone), I have to avoid talking politics. He has bought into Trump completely. He even tried to sell me on how Trump and his family "accept no government salary". (And got pissed when I started talking about The Great Grift.) Hung up on me.

It's as if I'm the son who moved to Canada to avoid Vietnam service and he's the Nixon supporter.

I'm going to tell you, someone needs to put me at ease over this U.S. Postal Service thing. A man so corrupt he'll de-fund the mail so we can't have a real election. And then tell FOX News, "Yep, that's what I'm doing. Universal mail-in balloting hurts my chances."

Dubious, jiggyfly, CometsWin and 2 others like this.
  16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is indefensible. He said it out loud. Yet, our resident apologists will applaud it and would be first in line to pour veterans' and seniors' medications into the toilet if daddy told them to.

deb4rockets, ROXTXIA and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

good thing he's not President yet

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2020/08/13/trump-biden-live-updates/

3:15 p.m.
    Biden calls for a nationwide mask mandate, starting immediately
    Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden called Thursday for an immediate nationwide mask mandate that would require everyone in the country to wear masks when outside for the next three months.

Doing so will save the lives of at least 40,000 people, he said in brief remarks in Delaware that followed a lengthy briefing on the coronavirus crisis.

“Every single American should be wearing a mask when they’re outside for the next three months at a minimum,” Biden said, emphasizing each word. “Every governor should mandate it.”

Biden described this simple act as a civic responsibility, comparing it with giving blood or donating food to those in need. Although masks can be uncomfortable, he said, they are key to getting life back to normal, including reopening schools and businesses.

“Be a patriot. Protect your fellow citizens,” Biden said. “Step up. Do the right thing.”

Biden noted that the virus has killed more than 160,000 people in the United States and that “it didn’t have to be this way.” He said Trump should have acted sooner and more aggressively.

“I hope we learned our lesson, I hope the president has learned a lesson,” Biden said.

After Biden’s short remarks, his newly announced running mate, Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.), praised the call to action and amplified it, a role she is expected to often play in the weeks ahead.

“That’s what real leadership looks like,” Harris said. “We just witnessed real leadership.”

Their statements took fewer than eight minutes, and the two did not answer any of the questions reporters shouted at them as they concluded.

By Jenna Johnson​

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

here's a threefer

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2020/08/biden-once-again-tweets-lie-that-he-put.html

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2020/08/joe-biden-and-kamala-harris-deploy.html

https://ethicsalarms.com/2020/08/13/ethics-quote-of-the-week-ann-althouse-8/

excerpt from #3:

• I’m amused that at this late date Althouse is outraged that Biden is using the Charlottesville lie when it is obviously an official, approved talking point of his party, and one of long-standing. Do you think she really will reject him now? She’s a proud Madison, Wisconsin resident; she marinated in the University of Wisconsin bubble for decades; from everything I can tell, she hasn’t voted for a Republican for President in decades, if ever.
    If someone like Althouse is thinking about abandoning Biden, that should scare Democrats sick. (They should be sacred sick anyway.)​

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

That 3rd one is hilarious...Althouse is a strong fiscal conservative and only voted for Obama in 2008 because she was upset about Republican spending under Bush (who she voted for in 2004...it's on her Wikipedia for goodness sakes) and didn't think McCain was going to help there. She also voted for Romney in 2012 (https://althouse.blogspot.com/2012/11/althouse-if-you-could-write-your-how.html), but kept her vote secret in 2016 since I don't think she was fond of either candidate (my guess is she voted 3rd party or held her nose and picked one of the two).

She's been pretty harsh on Biden and I don't think she's in Trump's corner. She's basically an independent that has no party, leans right, but likely won't vote for Trump. I think there are a lot of people out there like this (hi @Os Trigonum)...but, I also don't think it hurts Biden as much as the article makes it sound.