1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

2019 Astros Minor League Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

2019 World Series/2020 Opening Day Roster:

CF Springer
    LF Brantley
    3B Bregman
    2B Altuve
    DH Alvarez
    SS Correa
    RF Tucker
    1B Gurriel/Reddick platoon
    C Chirinos/Stubbs platoon
    Bench: Diaz, Marisnick
    Rotation: Verlander, Stroman, Peacock, McCullers, Whitley
    Bullpen: Framber Valdez (Harris), Cionel Perez (McHugh), Devenski, Jose Urquidy (Rondon), James, Pressly, Osuna

2. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

You are 1 short for next year as we go to a 26 man roster. I’d plug in Straw.

No Worries and Snake Diggit like this.
  3. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Btw- who did you give up to get Stroman?

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Stassi, Mayfield and Fisher

Smacktle and Marteen like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Uh....that was here because @DaDakota wanted Bagwell to learn to throw LH when his right shoulder wore out....

6. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

My take for next year and/or September on the offensive side, assuming 13 each for the 26 man roster:

CF Springer/Straw (if Buxton got MVP votes batting .253/.728 OPS w/ 29 SBs, surely Straw warrants regular play if he hits above that)
    LF Brantley/Alvarez/Straw
    RF Tucker/Straw
    DH Alvarez/Brantley/Springer (Springer needs DH time to avoid injury, he likes it, and he seems to perform better - the big question IMO is where to bump Brantley/Alvarez when he does. This is crazy talk now, but Brantley would net a #3, even #2 starter.)
    SS Correa
    3B Bregman
    2B Altuve
    1B Gurriel/Beer
    C Chirinos/Stubbs

Bench: Diaz, Straw (both playing a lot)

Sell high: I think Reddick is definitely traded, maybe even by July 31, as they reportedly tried during the off-season before Brantley even came on board. If Straw develops, they can get a decent return for Marisnick before losing him for nothing after next season. Obviously it's a cold business to talk about trading players who have given the team their all.

#1506 Tuk88, Jun 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    vince likes this.
  7. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Martin, Bukauskas, Fisher

King1 and Wulaw Horn like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

vince and Snake Diggit like this.
  9. prospecthugger

The Astros aren't trading Reddick in the middle of the season when they are contending and he's productive.

10. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I wasn’t here then. Others had similarly asinine bits on the internet I guess.

11. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Both teams would win in that trade.

12. Buck Turgidson

Oh, no, it started here.

bobrek likes this.
  13. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Enoli Paredes vs. Winston-Salem: 4 IP, 2 H, ER, BB, 6 K

The one run came on a solo homer. Paredes has allowed 21 hits in 44 innings this season.

14. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

15. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

How would you rank the OF in terms of projected value 2019, projected value 2020, likelihood of being traded before, likelihood of being traded after the end of the year? I'm sure the FO is factoring in all four of those.

Projected value playoffs 2019, six on the playoff roster
    Springer
    Brantley
    Straw
    Alvarez (I rate him lower than Straw b/c he plays the same position as Brantley)
    Marisnick
    Reddick

Tucker (If Tucker is raking, no way they leave him off, someone above is not making it)
    Fisher

Projected value 2020
    Springer
    Brantley
    Straw
    Alvarez
    Tucker (Once Tucker starts going off, someone's being traded immediately, could happen sooner than later, but not before July 31)
    Marisnick
    Reddick
    Fisher

Trade Likelihood by July 31, 2019
    Fisher (I imagine this one is unanimous. Hopefully he rakes and makes us all feel at least a little respect.)
    Reddick (ONLY if Straw and Alvarez show they belong on the playoff roster, while leaving the possibility for Tucker)
    Marisnick (ONLY if Straw shows he can patrol CF in Jake's class, otherwise three spots lower)
    Alvarez
    Tucker
    Brantley
    Straw (As I stated earlier, if he hits, no way do they trade Buxton lite, where many rate Buxton (overrate IMO) as an MVP candidate w/o the hit tool.)
    Springer

Trade Likelihood by 2020
    Fisher
    Reddick
    Marisnick
    Brantley (I would move Brantley up a couple spots simply b/c he and Alvarez play the same position, and Springer needs DH time. He'd net a quality pitcher, or restock the farm. The Astros can't keep everybody.)
    Alvarez
    Tucker
    Straw
    Springer

16. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I don’t disagree with most of your points, but Brantley is damn near untouchable. Not bc limos wouldn’t likely trade his own mother if the deal made sense, but bc Bradley has essentially no trade value so he’s with way more to the Astros than he is to anyone else.
    Marisnick also has next to no trade value and is worth more to the Astros than anyone else. Reddick has negative value according to Snake (I think he might have neutral value but who knows).
    Value of the OF trade wise

Tucker
    Yordan
    Straw
    Springer
    Brantley
    Fisher
    Marisnick
    Reddick

Snake Diggit likes this.
  17. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I think Fisher is the only one with a strong likelihood of being traded. Tucker or Alvarez are probably next since their value is so high; while incredibly unlikely, I could imagine Luhnow letting one of them go for the right starting pitcher. Reddick has the least value but I don’t see Luhnow doing a salary dump. More likely is they make room for everybody by having one of Alvarez, Brantley, or Reddick move to 1B to platoon with Gurriel. Straw will be in the minors until Marisnick reaches free agency or is traded. I could see Marisnick being traded this offseason if a contending team believes in him enough to offer a good prospect package, but again I feel that is very unlikely.

Player, value (factoring in control/salary), Odds of being traded by 7/31/20:

Fisher, 50, 75%
    Marisnick, 45, 25%
    Straw, 45, 25%
    Alvarez, 55, 25%
    Tucker, 55, 20%
    Reddick, 30, 20%
    Springer, 55, 9%
    Brantley, 45, 1%

18. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

One nit- do you actually really think Springer has any real trade value next year with one year on his deal for 22 or 23 million (my guess as to his arbitration salary) going into next year. My guess is the absolute max of his package would be what we had offered for Bryce Harper- what was that offer again? The O’s got a whole lot of nothing for Manny M, right? Or did I misread the value of that package? I realize that there is no way Springer gets moved- I just mean this as a thought exercise. If the Astros were trading for him next year at the deadline, what would you expect the package to be?

19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

The value I have for Springer is based on his current situation: 1.5 years of control over a guy playing like a borderline mvp. I think a player like that would be worth a really, really good prospect. But you’re right, this time next year Springer’s value is guaranteed to be less. Harper was rumored to be going to Nats for Bukauskas and Stubbs. If by some strange turn of events Springer is playing well and Houston traded him next deadline, I think he’d be worth something similar to that (a grade 50 and a grade 45 prospect).

20. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

So irritating that Nats ownership spiked the Harper deal. Would have been a win for both teams. Astros were a bat short with the mash unit and I’d imagine the Nats would much prefer Stubbs/JBB to what we they got last night in the draft for a shitty comp pick. Argggggg