1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2018 Lebron FA Watch] Houston Recruiting & Cap Magic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox>Mavs, May 28, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

How much of a cut can Lebron come for hypothetically speaking?

2. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Not all of those teams are going to be able to use their cap space on players available in the FA market. It’s the same reason why there’s fear of the Suns throwing max money at Capela. Because they’ve got cap space to burn and not a high chance of getting a high caliber FA to sign with them.

I’m not saying it’s easy or likely but if teams are out there stuck with cap space and with next years 2019 FA class being slim pickings, they may find more value in snagging some picks and renting out their cap space.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That amnesty clause would be pretty sweet to have right now. It scares me to death to trade out at least one if not two future firsts to get rid of Ryno this Summer, especially before we know for sure what we are going to get signed or traded for. The Rockets have a short window, and will be shelling out ALOT of money to aging players who they'll be paying for some time when this team is no longer a contender. Those picks will be invaluable when the Rockets window closes in a year or two.

Morey really has his work cut out for him this Summer, and I'm sure he's got a ton of pressure on himself to do well by Tillman as its his first offseason working for him. Listening to Tillman in interviews make jokes about paying out big salaries (which I take as half serious jokes) would make me believe, If I'm Morey, that Tillman is sweating this out, and he's got to make moves that will look financially solid.

Morey's got a ton of pressure on him this offseason, that's for sure. Don't envy his position.

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

He could come here and sign for the vet min of $1.6m

But really it’s up to him how much he’s willing to short. Sucks that KD did what he did because in part it forces other marquee players into a virtual cap if they want to compete with GS. It’s not even about Tilman being willing to pay tax.

saleem likes this.