1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018/2019 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yung-T, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

what's this I'm hearing dybala being courted by liverpool? i will lose my **** if he comes <3<3

anyone in the know?

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

My favourite prospect breh Roger Guedes just joined a Chinese team after having a beast season for Santos.

Wtf breh, thought u were about that football life. :(

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Football globalisation, mane...... CSL is becoming a stepping stone slowly but surely.

#43 daywalker02, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i dunno why, i'm having a difficult time finding excite on the shackiri signing.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Felipe Anderson from Lazio to West Ham United.

One of the sleepers.

7. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

West Ham with some interesting moves.
    Already signed Yarmolenko, Wilshere and Issa Diop and now adding Anderson.
    Hoping to see them doing better this year

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah they sign all the players to be at least Top 7-8 and then one Burnley showed them that you can do it with a small budget. And they end up at the bottom.

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

lolll he's about that "getting paid as much as possible first" life it seems.

Seriously, one would think winning trophies with a big club in Europe and getting paid well simultaneously would be a better decision. These young kids today smh. That Chinese salary might just be crazy though.

Yung-T likes this.
  10. ferrari77

[​IMG]

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They established a cray scouting network in Brazil that is second to none to the European one. Good relationships to the clubs, agents.

It helps that both are developing countries and that both are on good terms economically also.

Plus it seems Brazilians tend to use the Chinese league as leverage to increase value, salary in negotiations. Well known around those circles.

And of course the signature and transfer fees. (It is easier to shine in the league than in Europe.)

A player from Brazil usually has multiple owners, his mother ball club, his second ball club, his third, and so on. You have to pay every one of them. It's complicated.

12. ferrari77

As well as an agent-owner sometimes.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

what means this pls?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Percentage ownership in Brazil.

20% this 20% that 20% third party.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

that suxs. how does a player in brazil become owned by different entities simultaneously? is that true for the rest of their playing career?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can't find a good English article on that right now, but usually when the Chinese or other leagues approach someone like Roger Guedes, they have to buy from several owners to reach near 100% in order to get that transfer through.

Usually some guy who has not played outside of Brazil.

Jontro likes this.
  17. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

With City missing out on Jorginho, most of the chatter has centered around Mateo Kovecic being their plan B. Not sure just how valid this information is but within the past 24 hours reports have surfaced claiming Real won't let him go for anything under 80 million pounds as his release clause is very large (something like 300 million euros). If these reports are true I doubt City make the play. While they have a reputation for spending, the signing of Mahrez this past week broke their record high transfer fee paid for a player and that was at 60 million pounds. I doubt they will turn right around and not only break that fee but do it to the tune of 20 million more pounds.

I really like Kovecic and think he can be Fernandinho's long term replacement as a holding mid and even give us an attacking component that Fernandinho lacked, but I don't see City paying that fee for him.

ramotadab likes this.
  18. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/what-third-party-ownership-how-8921397.amp

Well i remember showing this article to a friend that asked me about the same thing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_ownership_in_association_football

The wiki page is also a good source.

In today's world football players are a commodity whether we like it or not and pepole are trying to make a profit of that.

ramotadab, daywalker02 and Jontro like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. MystikArkitect

Is transfer news always this fun? I’m new at this.

daywalker02 likes this.